PDA

View Full Version : Dear Barbara....I have a boo boo

Logan
08-19-2005, 02:52 PM
Dear Barbara, my mom has been so woried about me because my cheek swelled up last night. Since I was eating ok and breathing ok, she waited until this morning to take me to see the vet.

Something bit me! Inside of my mouth. The vet found two bloody spots right on the inside of my lip. I will admit that I gave her a bit of trouble when she tried to look inside my mouth. Then she gave me two shots and some medicine to take. Mom says I will get better now, but I have an abcess that has to drain. They did tell her that she was good to bring me in so quickly before the infection set in. WHEW! :p

Here's my picture from last night. I look like I'm sucking on a golf ball, don't I? :o

I love you, Barbara.

Butter

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid182/p57e08cc233d19dac1bc3dd2caba67df2/f2bf231f.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid182/pf70b5e711c2addea9c7ad4681e85d773/f2bf2318.jpg

Killearn Kitties
08-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Butter precious! What bit you? Tell Barbara and she will get it for you. ;) :D

Poor boy! I remember my mum's cat had an abcess once when somethings had bitten him, and he was miserable! Hope you feel OK, sweet Butter.

ramanth
08-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Ohhh poor Butter. :( Hope that heals up fast!

Edwina's Secretary
08-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Ooooooo....Baby Butterball boy has a bad boo boo! How does the other guy look?

catmandu
08-19-2005, 05:29 PM
WE ARE GLAD,TO SEE THAT OUR BUTTER,IS FEELING A LOT BETTER.
THE OLD ADAGE,IS RIGHT,AN ABCESS,LEADS TO FONDNESS!
SORRY,ABOUT THAT BAD PUN!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture078.jpg

Cinder & Smoke
08-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

How does the other guy look?

:D

Hey Butter ~

How's about if Mom
* plants" a couple lil Trees in Pots inna basement;
* scatters a few leaves on the floor;
* maybe plants a lil grass inna box ...

Then you can go "Outdoors" in the BASEMENT -
and save yourself all the pain & suffering from goin "OUT"
in the "real outdoors"!

Vermontcat
08-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Oh poor Butter, you look like you have a toothache!:(
Logan, are you sure he didn't just steal someone's golf ball from the golf course?;)
Scritchies to you sweet Butter boy, I hope you feel better soon.:)

NoahsMommy
08-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Oh Butter....never a dull moment, eh?

I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
Auntie Kelly :)

rg_girlca
08-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Oh poor Butter. I hope you heal up real soon and feel better.

slick
08-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Oh dear sweet Butter:
I can see the pain in your eyes and that sore cheek. :( Ouch!! Hope you get better soon.

momcat
08-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Oh wow! Poor Butter sure has a nasty oowie. It is good that Meowmie got you right to the kitty doctor before things got worse. Just remember Sweetie, even though they might be scary the white coat is your friend!

Did anyone get the number of the bus that tried to take out that handsome face?

wolflady
08-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Oh no! Poor Butter! What did you try to eat, there Butter! Stinging/biting things are a no-no. I know how miserable it is to have a sore mouth, so I hope you take your meds so you can heal up fast!

**scritchies**

Sonia59
08-20-2005, 07:08 AM
Oh no, poor Butter! What stinked you?

I hope you feel better soon, it looks a terrible pain you have. Many kisses, it always help sweetie ;)

smokey the elder
08-20-2005, 07:10 AM
Poor Butter! It sounds like you tried to eat a spider and she objected.

CalliesMom
08-20-2005, 07:48 AM
:( Poor Butter! Get better soon my favorite siamese boy.

RobiLee
08-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Awww, poor Butter! That looks painful.

Barbara
08-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Sweet poor Butter boy, I am so sorry that I didn't check in earlier. I hope your booboo is much better by now.
But like Sara I hope you gave a hard time to whatever bit you.

We won't hope you'll get into trouble again

;)

Nosekissies to you , I love you too:)

lizbud
08-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Poor little guy.:( That looks so painful sweetie. Hope the
swelling has gone down some today & you start to feel much
better.

krazyaboutkatz
08-21-2005, 02:20 AM
Poor Butter.:( I hope you feel better soon.

catcrazylady
08-21-2005, 06:41 AM
Ouchie!! Poor Butter! That made me hurt just looking at your picture!
I hope the swelling is down and you feel all better soon. What in the world bit you boy? Whatever it was you must have gotten a piece of it since it was in your mouth!!!;) :D

momcat
08-21-2005, 01:19 PM
Hey there, Butter! How are you feeling today? Is your poor face all better? I hope so. And I also hope whatever it was that bit you gets what's coming to it good and proper! Even though we kitty guys try to be brave and pretend nothing is wrong, our Meowmies always seem to figure it out and get us help. I know you're doing exactly what the white coat told your Meowmie is necessary to make you all better. Aren't we lucky kitties having Meowmies that love us so much?
Feel better very soon!

Your friend,
Groucho

Lightning SuperCat
08-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Awww, poor Butter!!! I hope you feel better soon!!! You are adorable!!! :D ***scritches***

momoffuzzyfaces
08-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by smokey the elder
Poor Butter! It sounds like you tried to eat a spider and she objected. Just what I was thinking.

Butter I sure hope your owie is better today!
Kisses!!!

Logan
08-21-2005, 09:52 PM
Hello, everyone! Butter's mom, here.

Butter had a puncture wound......no telling what caused it. I just hope it wasn't a snake!!!!!! :eek:

He is much better today. I must admit I had quite a scare in the last twenty four hours, though. We left yesterday morning around 8 am, and left both cats inside (their wishes). Butter was already looking much better. When our petsitter came around 2, he went out. When we got home last night, there was no Butter to be found. When we got up and left for church (around 8:25) this morning, still no sign of Butter. This is highly unusual. This boy is always waiting for us in the driveway if we leave and he is outside. By the time we got home from church this morning, I was in the frantic mode, tears flowing, still in church clothes, calling and calling, as I had done earlier this morning and last night. I started going to each neighbor's house. Turns out he was locked in the garage of our next door neighbor, who thankfully was home. But thank goodness Buttercup heard me talking with Lilly (who was helping me look) and started crying. It took 3 sets of knocks on the door to get to them, but I did, and that boy came shooting out like a rocket. Whew! He was so glad to see us and now he is asleep next to his daddy on the bed.

He is almost back to normal, too! Thanks for your prayers and words of comfort. He sends kissies to everyone, especially Barbara. :)

Logan

Cinder & Smoke
08-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Logan

... Turns out he was locked in the garage of our next door neighbor ...

:eek:

:rolleyes:

Building that Forest in the Basement is starting to sound
better & better! :p

WHAT is he going to get into next?

Barbara
08-22-2005, 03:32 AM
My poor Butter, you must have been so scared being locked in that garage.

I am glad you got a good night's sleep with your dad. But the good news- it sounds as if your little mouth is much better and whatever bit you can't be poisonous:)