PDA

View Full Version : Getting Creative

curlyq089
08-19-2005, 01:51 PM
This is a call to all you wonderful creative cat lovers. I have a question. I want to put a pretty lacy tablecloth on my table with a beautiful vase. My problem is that the tablecloth slips off when my "innocent babies" jump on it. I have tried the water bottle to keep them off but it was to no avail. The table is next to a window so I really dont blame them for wanting to look out. The question is, "How do I keep my tablecloth from slipping off the table so easily?" Thanks to all who reply.
Give all your babies some lovins from me.

Linda from Oklahoma
mom to 5 cats

catnapper
08-19-2005, 01:58 PM
How about those rubber cabinet liners? Run one or two down the length of the table and put the table cover on top of that.

Lisamb
08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
you can always put double sided tape on top of your table cloth, cats don't like that too much and it should keep them off unless you have furbabies like mine who just do whatever it takes to be mischevious.;)

lvpets2002
08-19-2005, 03:04 PM
:) Yes all good ideas & I was thinking maybe little bit of velcro for the sides..

curlyq089
08-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Thank you all for your GREAT ideas!! I will try them all till one works... :D
Have a meowvelous weekend.
Linda

catmandu
08-19-2005, 06:06 PM
JJJS,SUGGESTION,IS TO THROW,THE VASE,ON THE FLOOR,SO YOU WONG BE ANGRY,WITH YOU CAT COMAPNIONS,OVER A BIG HUNK,OF GLASS!!!!
HE SAYS,THAT THAT SPOT,WOULD BE A LOT BETTER,WITH A WHISKAS TEMPTATION DISPENSER!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos957.jpg

QueenScoopalot
08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Give up! :D :D :D I know I did! ;)

curlyq089
08-19-2005, 06:41 PM
Heehee... that reminds me of how we do Christmas around here. Just lay the tree on the floor and throw the oraments all around the room. Gotta get a jump on the inevitable.. lol Gotta love them kitties!!!! :p

Catsnclay
08-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Do you have a hot glue gun? They work really well, and when its time to remove whatever you glued down (i.e. the vase) all you have to do to remove the item is put a hot blow dryer on it, and the glue will soften enough to remove - won't leave a mess either!

OR.............go to the local hardware store and get some weatherstripping, the kind that feels like sticky puddy. I use this trick for all my breakable items. All you need to do is use a few little balls of the stuff under a piece, press down hard, and it will not move!! I recommend this stuff to all my clients who own pets.

You can have nice things AND curious cats!!! :p :D

NoahsMommy
08-19-2005, 08:02 PM
GREAT idea, guys!

I have to straighten mine about twice a day. They LOVE that thing! ;)