PDA

View Full Version : Local Car Wash Ducks Massacred...

CathyBogart
08-19-2005, 11:54 AM
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=local&id=3344189

This is where I get my truck washed, and I've always loved the place because of the duckies. They really are an integral part of the place, and everyone adored them. I heard about this the day after it happened, and I went to get my truck washed/donate to the reward fund a few days later.

I am blown away. What did these ducks ever do to anyone? I highly recommend NOT watching the surveillance tapes linked to on the site.

Aug. 12 - A man was captured on grainy security-camera tap running over 10 ducks that lived in a pond at a popular Campbell car wash.

Employees, patrons and neighbors of the business -- who treated the fowl almost like family -- called the crime unspeakably cruel.

The tapes aren't clear -- police can't even read the car's license plate -- but investigators hope that images released yesterday will help them catch the man they want to charge with animal cruelty.

Shortly after midnight last Friday, four security cameras at the Delta Queen Classic Car Wash captured images of a driver running over ducks five or six times in a 16-minute rampage. The driver also got out of his car several times to chase the birds -- some of them ducklings -- and appeared to grab one or two by the neck and throw them against or into his car.

Delta Queen manager Mike Davis says about a dozen ducks survived. Most of the fowl are descendants of Cheese and Quackers, a pair that were dropped off by a customer in 1972.

Felony animal cruelty is punishable by up to three years in prison and a $20,000 fine.

Police say the car appears to be a late '80s or early '90s red two-door Acura Integra, or something similar. The driver appears to be in his late teens or early 20s, with short, dark brown hair. He was wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans.

DJFyrewolf36
08-19-2005, 12:12 PM
:mad:

What a total jerk, what did the ducks ever do to him?!? I'm glad some of the ducks survived and I hope this @$$ gets caught and punished.

I darn near cried when I heard this. I have a real soft spot for ducks. There is a fire station in Carson with a pond, and I go out there and feed them from time to time. The firefighters always make sure, that even when people stop feeding them in the wintertime that they always are fed and cared for.

RIP sweet duckies :(

ramanth
08-19-2005, 12:17 PM
Sick. Just sick. :mad: :mad: :mad: I hope they catch him.

Poor ducks. The rest must be traumatized... :( :(

elizabethann
08-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Wow, what a loser.

dukedogsmom
08-19-2005, 12:46 PM
There's a special hot seat in hell for all the bas**rds like this. As I've said before, I'd love to send them there myself.

kittycats_delight
08-19-2005, 01:33 PM
I'd like to know what these idiots have in their heads. It sure as hell can't be a brain. What kinda moron takes their anger and frustations out on innocent animals. And some babies at that. Come on get a grip loser. If you are pissed take it up with whoever you are pissed with and stop being a cowardly lowlife and taking it out on something that can't fight back.

People like this make me sick and I'm with you Val I would like to give them a first class ticket straight to hell with me behind them kicking their butts every single step of the way.

Twisterdog
08-19-2005, 10:38 PM
Sad. :(

It's people like this who go on to beat their wives and children ... or worse. :mad:

Cheese and Quackers .... that's pretty cute. My ex-sister-in-law used to have cats named Scratch and Sniff. ;)

KYS
08-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Makes me sick!!!

CathyBogart
08-20-2005, 12:45 AM
I burst into tears watching the video when I saw him walking away with one of my favorite ducks dead in his hand. I'm still in shock...The reward fund is up to over $14,000 and people are putting up flyers all over the place. I'll post here when he's found. :(

cocker_luva
08-20-2005, 12:57 AM
id like to run over that guy and smash him into my car!:mad:

moosmom
08-20-2005, 10:01 AM
That makes me sick!!! :mad:

What I'd like to know is what purpose did it serve to him to kill those precious little beings???

I couldn't watch the video. I hope he rots in jail that bastard!!!

RIP sweet duckies! Not ALL humans are bad.