PDA

View Full Version : Adoption Final--New Puppy, New Beginning

Sevens
08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
I know I haven't posted in quite a long time. My crazy life up until recently prevented me from posting or coming to Pet Talk as much as I used to.

I recently in the past month finally got my head on straight about Bailey's death, my job, my marriage and a few other things.

That being said, Brian and I decided to try opening our hearts again to another dog. We felt it was a good time, we felt ready, and Guinness seemed like he missed having another dog in the house.

We went to an adoption fair two weeks ago and met the most amazing Pit Bull/Lab mix named Elizabeth. The sweetest, most affectionate, intelligent little girl. She is all black with a white spot on her chest. She is only one requirement shy of her CGC certification. She is 8 months old. Her current owners are only giving her up because the wife recently developed lupus and cannot handle two young pit bulls at the same time.

After the long and involved process of the adoption (two weeks, multiple home visits, criminal background check, etc) , we were informed by the group director tonite that we have been approved and we can come over to her house to pick up Elizabeth tomorrow night.

I can't say how excited I feel about this. I was so afraid that I could never open up my heart to another pit bull after Bailey, but when I saw this little girl, my heart immediately melted. Brian feels the same way and Guinness has met her twice and likes her already.

So, I have come back to this board. I've missed you all so much. We will be picking her up around 7pm tomorrow night, so hopefully I will have some pictures of her by Saturday afternoon.

Hugs to you all and hope everyone is having a good night!
:D

caseysmom
08-18-2005, 09:28 PM
I have thought about you often and what you went through. I am glad the healing process is complete and you can give another pup a wonderful home.

CagneyDog
08-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Good luck with the new pup. I hope all goes well and she fits into your family perfectly!

Suki Wingy
08-18-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh, that's wonderful news! Here's to a new start with a new family member!:D

chocolatepuppy
08-18-2005, 09:43 PM
That's great! I'm sure Guinness wil love a new playmate. Welcome back, can't wait to see pics! :D

cyber-sibes
08-18-2005, 10:53 PM
congratulations on your new family member - when we finally found Sherman, my heart began to heal over my RB Rosie, hope you find the same.

wolf_Q
08-18-2005, 10:58 PM
Congratulations on the new addition! That's wonderful you have chosen to adopt this girl, she sounds very special. I bet she will fit in perfectly with your family. Can't wait for the pics! :)

shais_mom
08-18-2005, 11:59 PM
congratulations - hope to see pics asap!!!

Ginger's Mom
08-19-2005, 06:11 AM
Congratulations! :) I am sure Elizabeth will make a great addition to your family. I am also looking forward to the pictures.

k9krazee
08-19-2005, 07:36 AM
Congratulations, can't wait to see pics of the new addition!!

lv4dogs
08-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Wow, what great news! Congrats!

Jadapit
08-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Oh, I'm so happy for you and your husband!:D Elizabeth sounds like a very special girl. Congrats, I cant wait to see pictures of her!!

Sevens
08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Only 4 more hours till we go to pick her up. I can't wait! :D

caseysmom
08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
I can't wait to see the pictures!

ParNone
08-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Congrats Seven! and I'll echo the "can't wait for pictures" sentiment. :)

bckrazy
08-19-2005, 05:12 PM
That is awesome news ^_^! I hope Elizabeth fits in perfectly with your family. I agree, we definitely need pics of the adorable puppy girl!

Kfamr
08-19-2005, 05:31 PM
This is such heartwarming news, Stephanie!
The time is coming soon and your new baby will be home. :D Congratulations to you and Brian. I'm glad you've gotten some things straightened out in your life and hopefully we'll see more of you. I've missed you greatly and have thought about how you are. Please know i'm always here for ya. :)

{{HUGS}} and good wishes!

Kay

lizbud
08-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Congratulations on the new pup. I'm so happy for you.:)

With a name like Elizabeth, she's bound to be a cutie.LOL :D

caseysmom
08-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Well.......how is it going???

Chica
08-19-2005, 08:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/hello.gif
Welcome back,and Congrats!!!!:) ;)

K9karen
08-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Missed you a lot Stef, and thought of you often. Can't wait to see pictures of Elizabeth!

RobiLee
08-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Welcome Back! This is great news. I can't wait to meet Elizabeth. I hope you can get some pics up soon. :)