PDA

View Full Version : she jumped the fence!

cali
08-18-2005, 08:35 PM
ok surrounding 3 sides of my yard is a 6 foot privecy fence and the 4rth section covered by a 4 foot spike topped fence, so as you can imagine we thought are yard was very secure..then I took Misty with me to the mailbox and left Happy in the yard..suddenly while in the back ally I see Happy easily clear the 6 foot fence and appear at my side! :eek: I could not beleive it! I mean when you think your fence is secure and you see your dog leap over the fence like it was nothing well I was a little shocked to say the least! I told my mom and she joked that "here all this time we thought we had a nice secure yard, when apperntly the dogs stayed in the yard by choice..how considerate of them" lol

animal_rescue
08-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Maggie is the same way!! She hardly ever jumps the fence, it almost seems like she can't. But when I'm walking down the street and she decides she wants to come, she's right there next to me, she usually stays in the house all day so we don't ever worry about her getting out.

cali
08-18-2005, 09:12 PM
lol Happy doing it just caught be totally off guard, she has never been able to jump very high before, she was bred to run, and it shows, she has the build of a sighthound, so she can run unbeleivably fast on the flat, but she has never had any motivation to jump more then 22" before, so I never knew she could. hence my shock when she cleared 6 feet and stood happlily beside me ready to go lol

kittycats_delight
08-18-2005, 09:19 PM
LMAO...what a monkey. You never know what they are truly capable of until they really really want something huh. I would have paid to have seen the look on your face. I had to be priceless and your mom is right, how considerate of them indeed.

Glacier
08-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Mac and Ozzy can both clear the fence any time their little hearts desire. 7 feet high made of wire designed to contain elk and they can clear it! Fortunately, they choose not to most of the time, unless I'm on the other side and they might be missing something fun.

lute
08-18-2005, 09:50 PM
how nice of them to stay in the yard.:) what a shocker! good thing they arent the "i'm loose! must run away" kind of dogs.

Glacier
08-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
Tango did that once aswell in our other house last year but then for some reason she couldn't figure out how to get back over...

LOL! Ozzy does that too! He comes around to the front and waits by the gate to get back in. Occasionally he will let himself back in, but he always jumps into Goldie's pen. Goldie doesn't have much use for Ozzy. Not sure why he keeps going in there!

cali
08-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Glacier
LOL! Ozzy does that too! He comes around to the front and waits by the gate to get back in. Occasionally he will let himself back in, but he always jumps into Goldie's pen. Goldie doesn't have much use for Ozzy. Not sure why he keeps going in there!

lol same as Shadow used to, only she was to little with badly built shoulders, so no jumping, nope she would crawl under the fence take herself for a walk then come back and sit the at gate waiting for someone to let her back in, after a while the people in the area knew her and would let her back in the yard when they saw her waiting :rolleyes: (for the record we did not put up with this for that long, and we built a pulley that allowed to her have the full yard without getting out)

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-18-2005, 09:58 PM
lol nice to know Tango's not the only stange one. For some reason my original post isn't in this thread though, not sure what happened there....

cyber-sibes
08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
My RB Rosie used to jump the fence, then sit in the garden on the other side all worried because she knew she wasn't allowed in ther, with "I don't know how I got here, honest!" written all over her face! Star used to just climb up and over.

king2005
08-19-2005, 12:51 AM
silly girl :)

my old guy had 1 fence & that was his peeing fence :rolleyes:
He was never left outside, he would have it, unless we were out there.

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-19-2005, 04:03 PM
Oh Happy...border collies are SO agile!!!;)