PDA

View Full Version : Killing Kangaroos/Please Vote

Angels3
03-03-2002, 08:25 PM
There's a plan to cull numbers of kangaroos in Australia by killing them in large numbers. This includes making an industry out of kangaroo meat which could be sold in supermarkets throughout the world.
The story was on the Australian version of the Sixty Minutes TV program last Sunday.
The transcript can be accessed thro' the site below.
There's also a poll asking if people think it's barbaric to kill & eat kangaroos like this. Please consider voting. My opinion is that it is barbaric.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/sixtyminutes/stories/2002_03_03/story_511.asp
Marie

Gio
03-04-2002, 10:22 AM
I voted. Only the thought of eating a kangoroo makes me shiver.

C.C.'s Mom
03-04-2002, 10:34 AM
Voted too.

It's something that I can't understand. How can they make decisions like that? Don't they have a heart? Well, it doesn't seem like they do...

One more reason to stop eating animals!

momoffuzzyfaces
03-04-2002, 11:09 AM
I voted No to killing these beautiful animals too. There are lots of zoos in the United States that would love to have some of these animals.

I couldn't believe that at the time I voted, it was 57% FOR killing these beautiful animals. What's next? The world has too many people, so kill off a few thousand? :mad:

Former User
03-04-2002, 02:00 PM
I voted too, I can't believe what kind of desicions some people do... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sudilar
03-04-2002, 02:31 PM
I voted no. I can't believe that the "yes" was winning. So sad.

Angels3
03-04-2002, 07:35 PM
Thank you all for voting. I agree...it's horrible to see 57% of people have voted FOR eating kangaroos. So NO votes are very important. Please pass on this request to anyone you think might be interested.
Marie

lizbud
03-04-2002, 07:51 PM
Angels3,

I voted against this use of kangaroos . There is no
shortage of meat animals in the world for those who
choose to eat meat. Seems like another explotation of
animals for human profit. What next Dogs, Cats ?
They should try to come up with a plan to reduce the
birth rate of the animals... It's done with other species.

Angels3
03-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Yes, I agree, Lizbud...what animal will be next? And there ARE other humane ways of reducing numbers.
Presently, there are too many koalas on Kangaroo Island here in Australia. When culling was mentioned, there was much public opposition. And now the authorities have had to consider other acceptable methods.
If there are not enought people objecting to kangaroos being slaughtered, then it may become easy to slaughter koalas, too.
Marie

delidog
03-05-2002, 05:24 AM
i voted also...at this time it is 60/40 to kill them....this sickens me...i agree with mom...there are plenty of zoos' etc. that would give them good homes here!!! they are aus. national animal!!!! i say lets eat their national favorite rugby player and see how they feel!!!:mad: :( :mad: :(

sirocco
03-05-2002, 05:33 AM
Marie, thank you for the link. I've already voted (NO, of course) and the results were even worse :(

I've recently gone veg, and because of these things. I can't stand the way we are treating animals, well, treating isn't the proper word, using is the term that suits it better. It's not fair.
Anyway I hope everything turns out well at last!

jackiesdaisy1935
03-05-2002, 09:26 AM
I also voted, why can't they leave the poor animals alone, next they will be saying they are going to be extinct, then I wonder why!
Jackie