PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security?

Lady's Human
08-18-2005, 02:55 PM
:rolleyes:

I had an interesting time this morning trying to get my New York Driver's License. It seems that it is impossible in the Great? State of New York to get a driver's license without a Social Security card. Never mind that I have a US Military ID card which is almost impossible to forge with my Social Security number, DOB, 2 pictures, 3 holograms and various other security devices on it. They need the Social Security card for proof of eligibility for a license. To get the Mil ID card you have to go through more hurdles than you have to go through for a SS card, and almost anyone with a scanner and photoshop can forge a SS card.

After going around and around with the NYS DMV, I finally asked the woman I was speaking with the following:

" Correct me if I'm wrong, but what you're telling me essentially is that I can't get a drivers' license in the State of New York with a military ID For Homeland Security reasons?"

the answer "YES"........

I love bureaucrats..........

:rolleyes: :mad:

JenBKR
08-18-2005, 03:01 PM
hmm, that doesn't seem to make much sense to me! It's good to have security, but shouldn't a military id be good id??

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2005, 03:55 PM
On that same topic, my husband cant be added to my bank account because his social security card isn't concidered a valid second form of ID, but a birth cirtificate is :confused: . Marrage licences don't count for anything either, even though in Nevada, they are stamped by the court clerk and have both our SS numbers, our birthparents names and where they were born.
The bank won't even add him with my express permission. Its MY account right?
Yeesh :rolleyes:

RICHARD
08-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Dude,

The pic on my work ID card is faded....It was suggested I get a new one. It also give me access to the parking lot

They want my SS #, DL number, license on my car, model and year.....employee number, telephone number .....but they won't ask me for a birthdate...

Of course a DL is far more important than a work ID.......

I feel your pain.....

:confused:

lbaker
08-19-2005, 07:27 AM
I still have my first (and now very faded and old ) social security card. On it is plainly written "not to be used for identification purposes". Since when did that change? When my son gave me his car and I was getting the title changed to my name I had to "prove" he was my son :eek: :confused:

gini
08-19-2005, 10:31 AM
On the subject of Homeland Security - my nephew just wrote to me that he and his girlfriend drove across the border from Canada to the United States.

They have been camping across the states and Canada. The pop top van they are driving is full of gear - dirty - he has a full growth of beard - and a large dog.

The guy just waved them across - didn't even get up out of the booth to check on their papers.

Again - so much for Homeland Security