PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know what this is on Tess' nose?

*ABYCAT* Alice
08-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Tess has got this black skin rash on her nose, and it's getting more every day. We removed it the other day with a cotton pad and some water, but it came right back the next day. She's got some on the other side of the nose too, but not that much. Anyone know what it might be?

http://www.snapshots.se/pettalk/tess_nos.jpg

lvpets2002
08-18-2005, 09:55 AM
:confused: mmmm Well not sure & I looking hard at her nose & from the picture it does not look that bad.. Have you tried to kind of wipe it with a damp cloth? Does it hurt her or is she scratching at it? How old is she? It could be just ageing.

*ABYCAT* Alice
08-18-2005, 10:06 AM
She's four years old. It doesn't seam to irritate her at all, but when we removed it (a little rubbing with water on a pad) it came back again after just one day.

catnapper
08-18-2005, 10:10 AM
Is it easy to rub off? Could be feline acne. Usually Persians get it around their nose.

Does she have anything similar on her chin?

Grace
08-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Abby had something that looked similar when she was a kitten. Vet diagnosed it as nasal dermatitis. We had to use a topical medication for 10 days. It went away - never came back.

*ABYCAT* Alice
08-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Is it easy to rub off? Could be feline acne. Usually Persians get it around their nose.

Does she have anything similar on her chin?

It's quite easy to rub off, and there's nothing on her chin. Costello has acne on his chin, but it doesn't look the same.

*ABYCAT* Alice
08-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Grace
Abby had something that looked similar when she was a kitten. Vet diagnosed it as nasal dermatitis. We had to use a topical medication for 10 days. It went away - never came back.

Perhaps that's the same she's got. I'll go to the vet if it doesn't disappear soon.
//Alice

rg_girlca
08-18-2005, 08:47 PM
I don't know what it is and I pray that it isn't anything serious, but I just wanted to say what a beautiful picture that is of Tess. I just love those gorgeous green eyes.

NoahsMommy
08-18-2005, 11:18 PM
It does look like kitty acne...Micah's gotten that lately on his nosie too.

Poor kitties...acne is no fun!!

krazyaboutkatz
08-19-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm not sure what it is either but my Sky gets something that looks like this only it's in his nostrils. I clean it out about every other day and it keeps coming back. I asked my current vet what he thought it was and he didn't really know either except that his cat also gets this. He said not to worry about it unless Sky's nose had discharge. Sunny used to get this but it went away on it's own. My former vet thought it could be due to allergies.

Tess sure is a gorgeous girl. I hope that it's nothing serious.:)