PDA

View Full Version : Zeke at the dog show

slleipnir
08-17-2005, 07:32 PM
I know it's silly, but I'm proud of my Zeke. I posted about a dog show our flyball team is doing for this "Old Home Week" event here, and saturday was the first run and I didn't take Zeke.

The dogs didn't do frisbee well, didn't do agility all that great, but did flyball excellent.

We did the same show tonight, but they told us newer members to take our dogs. I almost didn't take Zeke, cause I knew he wouldn't listen to me.

Basically there is a big dirt arena (like a hockey rink) with seating around. There were a lot of people at tonights show. There was a lot of dog smells in the arena, and a lot of people making noise. There were a lot of dogs barking too. Zeke has never even set foot in this place (I wanted go early so he could smell, but they got me ot get frisbee's) so I was like "No, I won't run him, he'll run off to smell everything..he's never been in anything like this before" but they told me it didn't really matter so I said I'd do it.

All he had to do was run over 5-6 flyball jumps and run to me (simple, huh?) I seriously didn't expect him to do it....but he came RIGHT to me. I was so happy!

Then somone from the club didn't bother brining her crate for her chiu..oh I can't spell it..the toco bell dog, you know ;) so I told her she could put him with Zeke. Zeke's never been in a crate before flyball, let alone shared it with a dog he doesn't know THAT well, but they got along great. Zeke layed down and relaxed, and pedro was calm too. :)

AND, finally, we had a meet and greet after where the audience could come meet the dogs. Most people just walks past Zeke or stopped and patted his head and off they went.

A few really seemed to like him though, and Zeke LOOOVED being patted. Although he tried to lick everyones mouth :o He did it to a little girl and she thought he was biting her...but I said "His kissing you! He really likes you" she seemed ot like this idea and kept coming back to pat him hehe. He even did some tricks for me.

Someone said he was much friendly then "Batdog". Batdog (aka Bishop) ran against some little kids on a small agility course for fun (dressed as batman) he is a VERY!!!! obedient Doberman. But I guess he backed up a bit when they patted him. He's was SO cute though!!

Anyywho, pointless post, but I was so proud of this. It was all a first for him. He's never been around that many peopple before either, and I want him to be a therapy dog, so I think that was great experiance. He still jumps up though, which he CAN'T do for therapy work...but we're working on it. He didn't do it much tonight!

Oh yeah, the show was excellent tonight. All the dogs did very well in frisbee, agility and flyball!

Kfamr
08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
Not a pointless post. :)
Very good boy, Zeke! I miss you and your momma, so does Kiki!

Speaking of, sorry to go off topic, but Kiki did well at the beach today. She was a very brave girl and let people pet her and even gave someone a kiss!

So, we're both very proud mommas tonight. ;)

{{Green SR HUGsssssS}}

slleipnir
08-17-2005, 07:51 PM
That's awesome!!! I wish her and Zeke could play again. He really seemed to have liked Kiki...(was a little afraid of Nala though I think hehe)

Uabassoon
08-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Good job Zeke!

king2005
08-18-2005, 01:34 AM
Way to go zeke :)

vinjashira
08-18-2005, 02:29 AM
well done Zeke! :)

Ginger's Mom
08-18-2005, 05:37 AM
You should be proud. :) Well done, Zeke!

k9krazee
08-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Yay! I don't think this is a pointless thread either...Well done Zeke...and Ki!!

cloverfdx
08-18-2005, 08:50 AM
Well done Zeke man, and you too Audrey :D. I think he will make a fine Flyball and therapy dog.

Oh and it is Chihuahua, it took me so long to learn how to spell it :o.

lv4dogs
08-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Well done Zeke!

RobiLee
08-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Nothing pointless about this thread! That is fantastic. You and Zeke should both be so super proud. I loved reading about this, Audrey. I wish I could have been there to watch. Well done, you two! Keep up the great work and keep making us proud;)