PDA

View Full Version : Moral Test

dukedogsmom
08-17-2005, 06:48 PM
This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. By giving an honest answer, you will discover where you stand morally. No one else will know, so you won't be fooling anyone but yourself if you give anything but a truthful answer.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make a decision. Remember, your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous. Please read slowly and thoughtfully, giving due consideration to each line.

Here's the situation:

You are in Florida; Miami to be specific. There is chaos all around you caused by a hurricane with severe flooding. This is a flood of Biblical proportions. You are a photojournalist working for a major newspaper, and you're caught in the middle of this epic disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless. You're trying to shoot career-making photos. There are houses and people swirling around you, some disappearing under the water. Nature is unleashing all of its destructive fury. Suddenly you see a man floundering in the water. He is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken down with the debris.

You move closer... somehow the man looks familiar. You suddenly realize who it is. It's George W. Bush, President of the United States!!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him under... forever. You have two options - you can save the life of G.W. Bush, or you can shoot a dramatic Pulitzer Prize winning photo, documenting the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

So here's the question, and please give an honest answer: Would you select high contrast color film, or would you go with the classic simplicity of black and white?

lizbud
08-17-2005, 07:24 PM
LOL :D :D , you got me.:D Here I was about to save his butt.

kittycats_delight
08-17-2005, 07:25 PM
I was seriously reading that situation and as soon as I seen who it was I said "owww that's not fair" I would save almost anyone and screw the career but Bush???? Then I see the option for the answer. Much harder decision than whether or not to save godd ol' G.W.

I think I would have to choose the high contrast color film. I would want to capture that moment in all it's glory and you can always print in b&w anyway. LOL

caseysmom
08-17-2005, 07:27 PM
I don't know, this is really tough. I really like black and white photos also....decisions decisions.

jenluckenbach
08-17-2005, 07:35 PM
OMG ! ROTFLMAO

KYS
08-17-2005, 07:42 PM
That was BAD! But I did chuckle!

(I would have tried to save his butt too!)

RICHARD
08-17-2005, 09:18 PM
easy, Save the Bushster!!

Who needs money?.....Dinner at the WH, rides in Air Force One.
Marine One..

Lunch with Rice, A trip to the Oval Office.....

"George, Did you have the rug steam cleaned before you took office???'

Nudge, nudge, wink wink....

"Hey, What is really in Area 51, who killed the Kennedys??"

Can I date your daughter???

:rolleyes: :p :D :eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
08-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Very funny! Can I "adapt" it for our own dear Mr Blair?

lady_zana
08-18-2005, 09:34 AM
The choice is hard but I'm going with the high color. I think they look better in magazines.;) :D

DJFyrewolf36
08-18-2005, 01:36 PM
You can always turn a full color photo B & W on a computer :D

Although, if I was a photojournalist, Id be a wuss and go far far far away from the hurricane (I have a phobia of wind :o )

cali
08-18-2005, 03:08 PM
hmmm at first I thought colour, but black and white looks more dramtic in my head... lol

catland
08-18-2005, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD

Can I date your daughter???

:rolleyes: :p :D :eek:

maybe you could get another autographed 8x10 to add to your collection.:rolleyes: ;)

Giselle
08-18-2005, 03:45 PM
I know this is supposed to be funny, but it reminded me of that Viet cong (errr- I think?) photo. You know, where the photographer shot a picture of a man about to be shot in the head in Vietnam. The man was shot and killed and the photographer said something like he never forgave himself for not helping him. Somebody has got to know what I'm talking about :\

dukedogsmom
08-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Giselle
I know this is supposed to be funny, but it reminded me of that Viet cong (errr- I think?) photo. You know, where the photographer shot a picture of a man about to be shot in the head in Vietnam. The man was shot and killed and the photographer said something like he never forgave himself for not helping him. Somebody has got to know what I'm talking about :\
I know what you're talking about but that is way off topic here. That's an entirely different discussion. This was just for laughs.

Giselle
08-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Oh I know. I was just remembering it. No offense intended :)

jesse_3
08-18-2005, 08:06 PM
As I was reading, I was saying hmm, do I want to take this in color, black and white, or should I pull him out? I chose color:);):D

Steph and Jes

RICHARD
08-19-2005, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Giselle

The gentleman who shot the guy was in the ARVN (army/republic Viet Nam) . The man he shot was an alleged NVA soldier.
He lived in Southern Cal up until a few years ago, he has since passed away.

The story that I heard was that the pistol used was still in his possessionup until the time of his death.

jennifert9
08-19-2005, 02:10 AM
My goodness..I thought it was serious too...Of course, I would save the live of another human being....Now if it wasw Bush or a puppy I wouldn't know what to do.......................

:D

cocker_luva
08-20-2005, 12:59 AM
id say a nice classic black & white photograph would do nicely. ;)

smokey the elder
08-20-2005, 07:30 AM
I was emailed this joke a while back, and still go with black and white.:p

IRescue452
08-20-2005, 11:17 AM
Color, as as said earlier you can always print a black and white copy but you can't go from b&w to color. With all he's done to other people, drowning is to good for him.

G.P.girl
08-21-2005, 06:00 PM
hahaha that was funny. as soon as i started reading it i was like "oh geez they're gonna want me to save somebody.." but then i saw who it was....and that made the decision a WHOLE LOT easier. har har har ;)