PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I am growing grass!!!

RICHARD
08-17-2005, 01:14 AM
I finally decided to grow some stash.....

for the Edster...

I look at plants and they die, So it took me a while to venture into the cat grass arena..

Four days later and I have sprouts....

I am totally excited.....does anyone have any hints for me?

kittycats_delight
08-17-2005, 01:35 AM
I found when I was growing cat grass it trived when I sprayed it with luke warm water. I never watered mine only sprinkled it with water from my fingers and sprayed it. Grew really well and the kitties loved it.

Lightning SuperCat
08-17-2005, 05:57 AM
I have no idea of what to do, we just got already grown grass and watered it every day. it only lasted a week though becuse a little kitty ate most of it!:D :p

Barbara
08-17-2005, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by RICHARD

I look at plants and they die.

That's me:D So I buy my cat grass ready grown;)

slick
08-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Make sure to keep it moist.....I had to water mine about every 3 days. When it was fully "growd" was I so proud.....but the cats wouldn't touch it. :(

....and so ends my gardening experience. :D

catnapper
08-17-2005, 07:54 AM
My cats wouldn't touch the grass when I grew it, but they LOVE my spider plant. Its the only plant that ever thrived for me - I managed to kill every other living green thing. I'd be happy to give you a "baby" from it but I doubt it'd survive the trip to California! :D

rkidsrcats
08-17-2005, 08:27 AM
At the ranch of the Tribe of Five, cat grass is a grazing staple. The herd comes thundering when I bring in a fresh crop. I have to keep a steady supply of new grass pots for them. Norbert especially - maybe because he has a little "holstein" in him anyway!
Hint... if you have a herd, plant the grass in a long container for better herd management! :D

dukedogsmom
08-17-2005, 09:13 AM
I was going to ask what kind of grass?? Maybe you can make him some brownies :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-17-2005, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I was going to ask what kind of grass?? Maybe you can make him some brownies :p
:D I was thinking the same thing and I was wondering if it was still legal in CA - for medicinal purposes of course. ;) :D

catmandu
08-17-2005, 09:34 AM
MY SISTER IN LAW,GOT THEM SOME CAT GRASS,AND MOOSE ATE THE WHOLE THING.
EDWINAS SECRETARY,SENT OVER A CAT NIP KIT,AND MICHAEL ATE MOST,OF IT,AND JJJ3,KNOCKED IT,ON THE FLOOR.
SO I HAVE NO LONGER,ANY INTEREST,IN PLANTS.
WE HOPE,THAT THE EDSTER,HAS BETTER LUCK,AND WARM WATER DOES WORK VEY WELL,INDEED!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos691.jpg

RICHARD
08-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Why is EVERY post I put on the board open to ridicule and questions my GOOD intentions??:rolleyes: ;) :D

Edward never does any wrong....

Of course Ed has a clean record, never got a ticket, has never seen the inside of a jail...doesn't drink or has a checkered past.....

:eek: :p :) :D

janelle
08-18-2005, 02:16 AM
My Simon loves grass but he throws it up. Still goes back and eats more while I have to clean it up.

When I go outside with him the first thing he wants to do is eat grass. Then he doesn't throw it up outdoors. He waits until he is inside to do it.

What is it about grass they like or need? My Chianti doesn't seem to need it. She won't touch it and no throwing up for her.

I give them hairball formula Science Diet so why does Simon need to throw up?

RICHARD
08-24-2005, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by janelle

I give them hairball formula Science Diet so why does Simon need to throw up?

Simon says.....

To test my owner's patience?:confused: :eek:

----------------

Ed could give a cat's arse about the grass.....

He sniffed, he saw and turned his nose up at it..I sent the crop over to my brother's house where the Ralphster is enjoying it.:confused:

Just say no????

Barbara
08-24-2005, 05:43 AM
My friends last weekend brought over some really nice tall flowers with tall grass in between. After all the grass tips had been nibbled and puked up again I took all the grass out (which takes a lot of the elegance :( ) and only left what F+T weren't interested in.

Now try growing catnip:D We did that last year but F+T couldn't care less:( Maybe there is not enough sun here to develop the "important" substances:D They are still crazy for Gary's Canadian toys:) .

Abby&Buddy'sMom
08-24-2005, 07:07 AM
here is an example of a kitty enjoying her cat grass.........................caption: yum yum....I love my cat grass.....http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/catgrass1.jpg ....I am so glad to eat this all by myself.....Buddy is nowhere to be seen.......http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/catgrass2.jpg ......But Mom..I don't want to share my cat grass with Buddy.....I am very unhappy about this sharing thing......http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/catgrass3.jpg