PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of Broadway's RENT??

Sirrahsim
08-16-2005, 08:46 PM
It's in movie theatres November 23th!! I'm SO psyched!!!!!!!!!!!!
If I could afford it, I would SO take my best friend Carly and fly to New York to see the premier on November11th.
My hubby took Carly and I to see this in Cincinnati a few years ago and it was AMAZING!!
www.sony.com/rent

Daisy and Delilah
08-16-2005, 10:44 PM
I was lucky enough to see it on Broadway several years ago. It was fabulous! At the end of the performance, the cast stood in the lobby and handed out red ribbons. We were able to congratulate and speak to them in person. It was so cool. I didn't even know it was coming to movie theaters. Thanks for the info:)

Terry

NoahsMommy
08-16-2005, 11:12 PM
I saw it a few years ago and loved it.

It was saddened to see people leaving at intermission. This is L.A., you'd think they'd be more open minded. :(

lady_zana
08-16-2005, 11:40 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen it several times but I've never had the chance to go see it (or anything) actually on Broadway. I saw it in Cincinnati also. I think I've seen it four times on stage....Isn't it amazing that they got almost everyone from the orginal Broadway cast to be in the movie? I can't wait!!! (And yes, I'm going to be one of the annoying people who'll be standing in the ticket line humming 'One Song Glory':D )

Sirrahsim
08-16-2005, 11:58 PM
I auditioned to sing One Song Glory at my Senior farewell concert in high school but unfortunately I got nervous and bombed at call-backs:o :( I'm so excited :) That sucks about people leaving Kelly, sheesh! LA is one of the cities that will get to show the movie on the 11th! I am so jealous:o

I was sooo psyched to see that Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal are in it. It just wouldn't be the same without them playing THEIR parts. I'm not as familiar with the rest of the cast so I'm not even sure who else is from the original cast.

lady_zana
08-18-2005, 05:35 AM
It's horrible that people walked out. Every time I went, the audience was divided between young twenty-somethings and older people who probably had season passes to the theatre (which one day I am going to have evenif I have to swear off food to pay for them!!:D ) People walked out and some of the youngies stole their seats at the intermission!! (Not me, I'm a good girl....and I'd preordered my tickets...front and center, baby! :D )