PDA

View Full Version : I need to talk about the kitties.

jenluckenbach
08-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Be prepared for rambling. :rolleyes:

Lucas - his stool is firming up but he vomitted tonight after dinner and that means his medicine probably came up too. I will bet you I will find a diarrhea on the carpet in the morning. :(

Foster Rutherford - a boy who was petrified of me for up to 10 days after coming here is finally realizing I am a pretty nice person. He has become brave and very loving. His new mom should be very happy. (he is adopted, along with Marvin, but will not be leaving for a few weeks)

Foster Toby Greg - After quite a rough start (the boy was quite upset about all the kittens around him) he is finally showing the soft side that made the people who found him wish to get him off the street. The sore on his neck is not healed yet but is working on it. I had him in to the vet, she removed the scab and wants me to not only put betadine on it but RUB IT IN!!! (Do you have any idea how much this must sting? :eek: ) That poor boy screams. :( But the vet said that it will help him to heal properly in the long run.

Fosters Hemi and Gwenevere - are finally over their URI. A scary time for me as they would not eat and force feeding was necessary. The nice part was they got sick one AFTER the other, so I did not have to deal with them at the same time.

Foster DaVinci - Has come out of his shell since Pumpkin (his tormentor) has left. He seems liberated and free now to be himself. Pumpkin is now in our shelter building, but thankfully he is very happy and adjusted VERY well.

SHEESH! I guess that is all. all my other cats seem to be doing very well, thankfully.

Thanks for listening.

kittycats_delight
08-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Whewwww....feel better sweetie? I am glad you got all that off your chest. It has to be so difficult dealing with so many kitties with their own problems. I am glad they are all starting to get comfortable and get better. Fingers and toes are crossed there will be no poop on the floor in the morning and that Lucas held in enough of his med to prevent that.

((((HUGS))))

Michelle & the girls

catnapper
08-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Lots going on!

Poor Lucas. I sure wish you knew what was going on with him. How scary and frustrating ;(

Give sweet DiVinci a kiss on his cute little nose for me!

I didn't know Pumpkin ended up at the shelter. Did Ed stay with the new foster family?

Craftlady
08-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Poor Lucas hope he doesnt get the runs.

lizbud
08-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Wow. Foster moms don't get near enough credit for what
they do for these little ones. It's great you've seen some real
progress here with some of them.

joycenalex
08-16-2005, 08:49 PM
jen, you are really an amazing woman you know.

chocolatepuppy
08-16-2005, 09:20 PM
All I can say is you are an angel for all you do for the kittys! I don't know how you do it! I sometimes get stressed out from just 2 dogs/2 cats! ;)

Barbara
08-17-2005, 02:37 AM
Oh Jen, that is more than a fulltime job. All these kitties will be so glad they found you. :)

sasvermont
08-17-2005, 07:47 AM
Try it on yourself, on a scratch, it doesn't sting. I think the problem is the restaining.

You are going to go to heaven for taking such high maintenance pets.

furrykidsmother
08-17-2005, 08:19 AM
WOW!!!:eek: :eek: You sure do have your hands full, but hopefully everything will be under control soon and the others will remain healthy and happy. It really is a wonderful thing that you and all the other fosters do. Hugs and good thoughts to you!

catmandu
08-17-2005, 09:52 AM
IS IT ANY WONDER ,JEN,THAT YOU AREHELD,IN SUCH HIGH REGARD,ON PET TALK.
IF THOSE PEOPLE,WHO HAVE PETS,SPRNT 10 %,OF THE TIME,AND LOVE,THAT YOU GIVE,TO YOUR CATS,AND THE LUCKY FOSTERS,THAT SHOW UP,AT THE LUCKENBACH HOME,THERE WOULD BE NO STARRY CATS,NO DESPERATE LITTLE FACES,LOOKING,FOR FOOD,AND LOVE.
YOU WILL BR REWARDED,AT THE RAINBOW BRIDGE,JEN,WHEN THE PET ANGELS WAIT,ON YOU.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos691.jpg

jenluckenbach
08-17-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Try it on yourself, on a scratch, it doesn't sting. I think the problem is the restaining.

you're right!! I use betadine. I just assumed. It may be the restraining, and it may be the tenderness of the wound itself. It is open flesh. (thanks for the visual, Jen ;) )

Thanks guys! Believe it or not, I was not looking for a pat on the back, I just needed to talk. Who around here (my locale) would even care about all these things going on??