PDA

View Full Version : W-O-R-K time again!/ Eddie update

Laura's Babies
08-16-2005, 09:26 AM
It is time for me to go back to work again. I leave out early in the wee hours in the morning and we have a long drive ahead of us. The boat is on it's way to St. Louis so from down here, that is going to be a long, long drive for me and the Captain! We have just been SO lucky that the crew changes have been all in the south for a long time but I reckon our luck has ran out. (I just wish I could get on the internet out there!!!!)

So, I will be gone for my 28 days and will not be able to check in with what is going on around here..

Eddie Update...Part of the update from his web sight as posted by his wife.

Well, the bridal veil is off. It took them long enough to get it all done as it was after 3:30 this afternoon before I was able to get in there to see him. I got in there and had been there a half an hour before they thought to 'page' me that he was done, I'd just shown up hoping that he was ready and he was. The doc's say that the grafts look 'okay' which, after some pointed questions, was revised to a 'probable 85 - 90%' with another week of care. There are a few spots that they hope will catch up with the other stuff that has already taken. Both arms from the elbows down are done. He's still asking when he can get back out of bed and we're told that it'll probably be another week on that but that he may move down to the step-down unit as early as the end of this week.

STEP DOWN!! That is a MAJOR move out of BTU, something I have been praying for, for a long time... the day he is out of BTU!! Step down is not far from rehab and rehab is almost home!!!

The "bridal vail" is a covering on the lab grown skin that helps protect it and helps it take to the body that looks just like bridal vail, so with CARE and PRAYER, they are looking at a 85- 90% sucess rate for the latest surgery!! Yaaaaa!!! This is WONDERFUL news!

Poor thing, he had that little taste of freedom the week before that last surgery, then back down inmobile for 10 days... He is READY to get out of that bed!! I told him I want to see him UP and walking (without that walker) when I come back and hope that everything has healed enough so that I can give him the biggest hug he ever had!!!

catmandu
08-16-2005, 09:37 AM
THAT IS FANTASTIC NEW ABOUT EDDIE,AND WE HOPE,THAT THE ROTATION,OF THE PET ANGELS,HAS BEEN SOME HELP.
THERE HAVE BEEN CATS,DOGS,ALL SORTS OF PET ANGELS,VISITING,AND COMFORTING EDDIE,AS THEY DID I,WHEN I WAS HOSPITALIZED.
AND YOUR CATS,WILL BE SO VERY GLAD,TO SEE YOU,AND HAVE YOU HOME,ONCE AGAIN.
YOU ,ARE SUCH A GOOD MOM.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1084.jpg

furrykidsmother
08-16-2005, 10:22 AM
That is good news! Eddie continues to be in our prayers. I hope that he will be ready for that hug when you get back.

Have a good trip, hope the drive isn't to bad. We'll miss you!

jazzcat
08-16-2005, 10:27 AM
It's amazing how far Eddie has come. Continued prayers for him and the whole family.

We'll miss you Laura. Please have a very safe trip.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-16-2005, 10:47 AM
I can't believe it's time for you to go again. Your stays at home always seem so short.

Have a safe trip. Will continue to keep Eddie and family in my thoughts and prayers. :)

QueenScoopalot
08-16-2005, 11:45 AM
ALREADY? :confused: Didn't you just get back Laura? Have a safe trip and see you next month. I'm so happy things are progressing so well for Eddie and that most of the grafts have taken. :) Prayers will continue till the day he walks out of the hospital and you can give him a real (((HUG)))! ;) :)

sandragonfly
08-16-2005, 12:03 PM
ALREADY? I just got back from camptrips for a month and missed you again!

wow, it has been so long, a very long journey for your son. (I'm lost in eddie's updates). I know how he feels about being stuck in the bed. that must shows he's a strong guy!! I'm gonna pray harder for BETTER news. I hope he'd walk and hug you when you get back too! *:)*

now, when you get back, we'd have to have a talk!! hope your boatrip wouldn't be too bad, hurry back! many hugs -

..gina

Lightning SuperCat
08-16-2005, 12:15 PM
Have a nice trip , see you in the fall! (hehehe):p
Seriously have a great trip! I'll keep you and Eddie in my prayers. :D

Barbara
08-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Having been away for dome days I'll miss you.

I am glad to hear about Eddie- it is not just about surviving the event- but also about all the surgery, long recovery etc. that comes in the months after.

When I was really ill, it helped to get many calls, to hear from people who really cared- actually I met a lot of love then.

I hope it is the same for Eddie:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-16-2005, 12:48 PM
28 days??? That is a very long time to be away from PT... ! We will miss you, Laurie!

momcat
08-16-2005, 02:02 PM
Thank you so much for the updateSo good to know Eddie is making good progress. He's still a prayer concern at our weekly church service and is remembered every day by many of us.

Laura's Babies
08-16-2005, 03:49 PM
September 4th will be FOUR months since the day of explosion that burned Eddie so bad and YES, he has come a LONG way since that day. We are SO lucky that he is still here with us and he has come a very long way!!! He still has a long way to go though, rehab and the emotional trama of having been on fire are going to be the worst part for him and I ask your paryers that he be able to deal with the pain of rehab and the emotional distress of the trama. I saw him having a nightmare one night while I was there where he was dreaming of being on fire and that opened up another whole new can of worms for us, the family. We had not thought of that part before and what all he will go through emotionally... The prayers for his emotional well being are going to be just as important as the ones for his physical wellnss.

I have only been home 10 days... Last time I was home was 2 days before I went to Norfolk. Since Eddies accident I have spent only about 21 total days at home... The rest of the time I have been in Norfolk or on the boat. So, I have just got home and the time I have been here has passed by WAY to fast!

NoahsMommy
08-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Laura,

You and Eddie (and the rest of your family) will be in my prayers. I hope that 28 days goes quickly for you and Eddie...and that healing is very near. I hope and pray you get to give that hug as soon as you're home.

Take care and be safe.

Love, Kelly :)

Laura's Babies
08-17-2005, 04:40 AM
Time to go friends. Take care of all your babies and I will see you all again in 28 days. May God Bless you and all yours until I return!

sandragonfly
08-17-2005, 02:11 PM
bye!! :(