PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible for a dog to ....

beeniesmom
08-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Is it possible for a dog to .... EAT HIMSELF TO DEATH?

This is a serious question.... Frankie LOVES TO EAT. He would, if given the chance, make himself sick by eating too much. I've been feeding him small meals 3 times (1 cup of food total) a day but he seems to always be hungry. He weighs about 5 or 6 lbs. I think 1 cup is enough. I know if I left his bag of food out on the floor he'd eat himself to death. :eek:

Pawsitive Thinking
08-16-2005, 08:54 AM
He's an "if its there I'll eat it" kind of guy! Does he just keep chomping? Good job he's got his Mommy to keep an eye on his cute little waistline ;)

finn's mom
08-16-2005, 08:57 AM
I don't know that he could eat himself to death, really. But, he could very well eat too much too quickly and get bloat or something...I know dogs are opportunists, they'll generally eat when there's food available. My little dog, Bruno, even though he didn't eat fast, would eat until he threw up and then eat more. I don't think Finn would stop, either, if there was food available. Just be sure to supervise Frankie when he eats, and, since he's a gobbler, just keep feeding him small portions. :)

Corinna
08-16-2005, 09:05 AM
I would have him checked for worms sounds like he could not be getting the food but the worms are. Cocker spaniels are nortorus for eating to excess. I don't know about Bostons.

beeniesmom
08-16-2005, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Corinna
I would have him checked for worms sounds like he could not be getting the food but the worms are. Cocker spaniels are nortorus for eating to excess. I don't know about Bostons.

No worms.... He's been checked 3 times in the last 2 weeks.

beeniesmom
08-16-2005, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by finn's mom
Just be sure to supervise Frankie when he eats, and, since he's a gobbler, just keep feeding him small portions. :)

I will, thanks.