PDA

View Full Version : In memory of my Dad...

moosmom
08-16-2005, 07:54 AM
this will be the only post I will be posting today.

MY Dad passed away 8 years ago today. 8 years ago yesterday was the last time I saw him alive. I am very depressed. As always, this too shall pass. It always does.

Dad,

You were the love of my life. You were always there for me no matter what. I could call you in the middle of the night, and often did so, because I needed fatherly advice. You taught me between right and wrong, and always told me that one day, when I had children of my own, I'd understand why you did the things you did. You were so absolutely right. You taught me how precious life is and also gave me a wonderful love of animals.

If I could just have one minute with you to kiss you and say goodbye, that would be my wish for today. But I know you're around me, looking over me, puffing on that stogie and making sure I'm okay. The smell of a cigar brings me to tears. Every once in a while, I know you're here because of that smell (no one in my apartment building smokes cigars).

So, today I am raising my cyber-glass to you. The sun is shining, Dad, just like you deserve. Kiss Mom and Tiggs for me and tell them I miss them terribly too.

Love,

Donna

Pawsitive Thinking
08-16-2005, 08:24 AM
My sincere condolences and love to you xxx

Today is 5 months since my Dad's funeral and your post is truly brave and wonderful. I hope this difficult day is made easier for you by all your PT friends (with and without fur)

beeniesmom
08-16-2005, 08:37 AM
I am very sorry.

Laura's Babies
08-16-2005, 09:35 AM
My Dad too, is gone for 14 years this month. I still miss him and think about him often. My Dad use to say he wished he had been born rich instead of so dog gone handsome.. He had the funniest sense of humor and to me, he WAS the handsomest man on earth! Thank you Daddy, for being my Dad, I still love you and hope we will be reunited again someday!

furrykidsmother
08-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Donna I am sure that your Dad is still with you loving you and looking out for you. My Dad passed away 20 years ago the 10th of August, he was only 51. Try to remember the good times and he will always be there with you and I am sure he wouldn't want you to be sad.

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-16-2005, 12:26 PM
What a beautiful letter to your dad, Donna!! It brought tears into my eyes ....! He must have been such a great person; it is obvious how much you miss him... :(

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Oh, that was beautiful Donna!:( I am so sorry about your dad...know that he is still with you in spirit! ((hugs))

luvofallhorses
08-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh, Donna I am so sorry :( You will be in my thoughts and prayers. That letter to him was absolutely beautiful!
(((hugs))) Please take care.

kittycats_delight
08-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Donna, That letter to your dad is just so heartfelt and lovely it brought me to tears. You can feel just how truly special he was to you and how much you loved him. ((((((((((((((DONNA))))))))))))))) I am so sorry. Please accept our sincere condolances on this sad anniversary. Lots of hugs, whisker kisses and headbumpies

Michelle & the girls

jenluckenbach
08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
Donna, your dad would be very proud of you. Can you feel him hugging you now? He is, you know. And so am I.

Anita Cholaine
08-16-2005, 04:05 PM
What a beautiful tribute to your dad.... He must have been a fantastic person...and he must be with you today ((((((HUGS))))))

davidpizzica
08-16-2005, 05:13 PM
Donna, that was a very heartfelt and moving tribute to you father. You
have a bond wih him that goes deeper than anything I could say. I lost my father on November the 9th and I feel the same way on that date as you do now. Donna, I wish I could be there to to give you some kind of comfort, in the meantime {{{{HUGS}}}}.

finn's mom
08-16-2005, 05:18 PM
I always feel it when it's the anniversary of my father's death. That's a beautiful letter. My dad was killed in a car accident, he wasn't even 40. It's hard not being able to say goodbye.

catlover4ever
08-16-2005, 06:01 PM
Donna, you are in my thoughts today. Your letter to your dad was beautiful....and our right...he is always around you.