PDA

View Full Version : ice cubes?

elminster20
08-15-2005, 11:28 PM
So with the heat we've been having, I've been watching how much water the boys drink. It seemed to me that it wasn't very much, and I wondered if maybe it was too warm for them or something. One day, while Don was in the kitchen with me, I thought I'd try and put an ice cube in one of their water dishes, just to see......... Don LOVED it. I mean, he played with it in his bowl, licking it, nudging it around the bowl with his nose, and when it had melted, he drank lots of water. Great huh? Well, he begs for it now, and Bob has gotten in to it (what you give one you have to give the other, otherwise much hissing and spitting ensues), and Bob will actually take his ice cube in to the living room and bat it around like one of his mice!!!!!!!

So weird!

Poo
08-16-2005, 05:54 AM
Glad to hear your keeping your babies cool. I do the same thing for my furbabies. It's been quite hot recently and when my girls were in their run outside their water was getting warm. So I popped in a few ice cubes to keep it cool for them. They seem to like it. Twinkle also likes to scoop them out a have a play, but cannot work it out when it melts!!

Nicki x

Lightning SuperCat
08-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Lightning LOVES to bat ice cubes around! In summer, whenever he hears the door to the freezer open, he comes running in and begs for one! :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-16-2005, 09:04 AM
:D :D

I tried that with CJ too, but he wasn't interested at all. For him its the toilet or the kitchen sink for a drink. Forget that lowly cat bowl. :rolleyes:

catmandu
08-16-2005, 09:41 AM
THNAKS,FOR THE TIP,ICE WILL BE,IN THE FOUND CAT WATER BOWLS,TODAY!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/catphotos1084.jpg

Catsnclay
08-16-2005, 01:13 PM
Our 3 come a running when they hear the ice machine, and then they get very upset if they don't get an ice cube! :rolleyes:

momcat
08-16-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi! Not too long ago I put an ice cube in Groucho's water dish and he promptly refused to drink at all. Silly boy, we have to constantly check his water dish because if ANYTHING, even a piece of food is in his water he refuses to drink.