PDA

View Full Version : Which One?! Arrgh..

sandragonfly
08-15-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm having a hard time to rename my lovebug, who used to be called "avalanche" - a long-haired black kitten... I can't pick one!

decisions and decisions drive me crazy!! :) which one do you think suits him better? (picture of him is somewhere here, if not - new one coming soon! if he has a name.. :D)

carole
08-15-2005, 11:03 PM
I was going to vote for Joey, but then I thought that always seems like a budgie name to me, so I think I would keep Avalanche, it is kinda different I think.:) or maybe Eden.

catmandu
08-15-2005, 11:05 PM
I KIND,OF LIKE CHARCOAL,AFTER THE LITTLE BLACK CAT,THAT I WAS GOING,TO ADOPT.BUT THE POOR FELLOW,HAD FIP.AND IS NOW AN ANGEL!!

CHARCOAL,PLEASE THINK,IT OVER!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture626.jpg

kittycats_delight
08-15-2005, 11:10 PM
I really think he looks more like a Odin or Loki. From your list I would say keep Avalanche.

Lightning SuperCat
08-16-2005, 08:32 AM
From your list, I like Avalanche. I also like Gary's idea of Charcoal. :D

Laura's Babies
08-16-2005, 08:37 AM
I like Charcoal too, for a black cat... Fits better than any of the rest..

Opps, :rolleyes: That wasn't the question was it?

lady_zana
08-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Why did the black kitty have the name avalanche? My sister has a HUGE white kitty named Avalanche. He got his name because so many white kitties are named Snowball. Avalanche is too big to be a snowball; he's an avalanche!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/lady_zana/Juliapets/000_0143.jpg

sandragonfly
08-16-2005, 10:30 AM
delight-kitty, what does odin & loki means? anything?

hey gary, I like charcoal! it IS his color but...I'm trying to avoid repeat the name that starts with the same letter - (I have crayola & clayton - at least one is a dog & one is cat). I don't have J, N...and already have E & A. it's hard to not repeat because I like many names! but sure, his middle name will be charcoal! :D

ladyzana, named him avalanche because watching alavanche in midnight would be cool! ;) he has an light, very light silver spot on his chest, I like to think it as a moon gleam.

well, I thought avalanche was part of feminine name so I wanted to change. I think I'm gonna name him thunder! (delightkitty's idea) Thunder Charcoal.. lol.

???

furrykidsmother
08-16-2005, 10:36 AM
Thunder. I like it!!

QueenScoopalot
08-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Odin, «oh DIHN», was the chief god in Norse mythology. In German, he is called Wotan «WOH tuhn». Odin became the ruler of the universe after he and his two brothers, Ve and Vili, killed the frost giant Ymir, the first living being. From Ymir's huge body, they made Midgard, the earth; and began to build Asgard, the dwelling place of the gods.

Valhalla was Odin's home in Asgard. There he feasted with the souls of heroes who had died in battle. Odin, a fearless fighter, carried a spear as his weapon, and rode an eight-legged horse called Sleipnir. He inspired ferocious human warriors called Berserkers who fought recklessly without armor and felt no wounds.

Odin was the wisest god. He gave up one eye for the right to drink from the spring of wisdom, guarded by Mimir, a supernaturally wise creature. Odin was also known for his magic powers. By wounding and hanging himself from a tree, he acquired the power of spells called runes. They let him predict the future, change his shape at will, and visit the underworld. Odin's sons included Thor, the god of thunder and lightning, and Balder, the god of goodness. According to Norse myths, Odin will lead the gods against the evil giants at Ragnarok, the battle that will destroy the world. He will be eaten by Fenrir, a ferocious wolf.

The Anglo-Saxons' name for Odin was Woden. It was the source of the word Wednesday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And one of my favorites...Loki (Norse God of Mischief :D )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loki