PDA

View Full Version : Runny eyes?

slleipnir
08-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Is this bad for cats?? Tango's eyes have stuff coming out of them..white stuff. I wipe it out all the time. He was sneezing (still is a little) and coughes...I don't know if it's serious or just a cold. I'm taking him to the vet tomorrow to be sure..but I don't know anything about cats...smitten and Kiba have never had problems or been sick like this.

Another question (and sorry to ask so many dumb questions) is what does it mean if cats "wag" their tails a lot? Like when him and Kiba play (and it seems they ARE playing??) both their tails do this...their ears aren't back.I thought it ment they were annoyed...

kittycats_delight
08-15-2005, 08:48 PM
LOL. The tail wag is a sign of annoyance but my two do that when they play too. I think it is just saying "Hey I gonna get you for that" but playfully. My two wrestle all the time and the tail goes 250. They never growl or hiss they are having fun but when one gets the better of the other the tail goes faster and it's on. LOL

I think a vet visit is in order for those runny eyes and sneezes and coughs just in case. Let us know what the vet says tomorrow.

catnapper
08-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Sounds like poor little guy has one heck of a cold. I[m sure the vet will help him tomorrow.

As for constantly moving tail... Pouncer's got one of those. I LOVE it, in fact its what made me fall in love with HIM. Once he's 100% healthy, you'll have one nawtee and busy kitty on your hands! :D

catmandu
08-15-2005, 10:57 PM
A CATS TAIL GOES BACK,AND FORTH,BEFORE THEY PLAY,I THINK,THATS ITS JUST THIER WAY,OF GETTING THEMSELVES PSCHYED UP,A BIT,BEFORE THEY POUNCE,OR MAYBE,ITS TO HELP,WITH THE POUNCE,WITH THE TAIL,ACTING AS BALANCE.
AND WE HOPE,THATS ONLY A COLD,WE ARE PRAYING,FOR YOUR CAT!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture626.jpg

Lightning SuperCat
08-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Lightning's eyes have been doing that, too, but it's not white, it hardens into a dark color beside his eyes. But he doesn't sneeze or cough. His tail is also constantly moving, too, often when he's looking for birds. I call him a dog for doing it, and he slows down or stops, but a few moments later it's high speed again. :rolleyes:

Pawsitive Thinking
08-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Lightning SuperCat
[COLOR=purple]Lightning's eyes have been doing that, too, but it's not white, it hardens into a dark color beside his eyes. But he doesn't sneeze or cough.

I truly, truly do not want to worry you but that happened to my RB Cally - I am sure it is nothing but if it is teamed with what looks like gingivitus (sore gums) a quick check up would be a good idea. Cally turned out to have carcionoma (sp?) a form of cancer that spread

Feel bad for posting this but would feel even worse if I kept quiet

furrykidsmother
08-16-2005, 08:55 AM
Since it is accompanied by sneezing and coughing it probably wouldn't hurt to have a vet check him. Cats (and dogs) sometimes get "sleepy" stuff like humans do too.

Mine wag their tails alot. They seem to do it mostly when I am getting ready to feed them so I think it is a happy sign, at least at our house.

Lightning SuperCat
08-16-2005, 12:07 PM
Feel bad for posting this but would feel even worse if I kept quiet

Don't feel bad. I hope nothing is wrong. It just started a few days ago, and I was really wondering. I't's actually mostly in his left eye. I'll try to get him checked out sometime soon. He doesn't seem to have gingivitis, and I give him Breath and tartar treats. I know how you feel. I hope nothing is wrong. :(