PDA

View Full Version : LA to NYC.....how long?

Edwina's Secretary
08-15-2005, 05:11 PM
I am in New York City. I left home yesterday morning. I did leave a little early as I was going to a different airport and was not familiar with it. I was using this ariport as they have direct, non-stop flights from Long Beach to NYC. I did not want a repeat of my 12.5 hour journey in June from Boston to OC.

I packed a lunch for the flight....thankfully..... so how long do you think it took?????

17 hours!!!!!!!!!

Then...there was a 45 minutes wait for a taxi....

When I arrived at my hotel I said to the desk clerk..."I don't even want to know what time it is!" I guess he though I was kidding as he replied....3:10m am!!!!!

And I had to be up and ready to make a presention a few blocks away at 8:00am.

Now if you will excuse me.... I need some sleep!

lizbud
08-15-2005, 05:51 PM
Oh man.:( and that was a direct flight? You could go to Europe
in less time than that? How awful for you.

sirrahbed
08-15-2005, 06:00 PM
My flight to Japan was shorter than that:eek: What the heck happened??

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary

... direct, non-stop flights from Long Beach to NYC.

I packed a lunch for the flight... thankfully...
so how long do you think it took?????

17 hours!!!!!!!!!

Then.. there was a 45 minutes wait for a taxi...

:eek:

Is that 17 Hours with or without the 3 hour Time Zone Shift? :p

You "LOST" three hours due to time zones ...
if you figured that in, it was STILL a 14 hour "adventure"!!
(and if you didn't change your watch ...
was it 20 hours??)

Phunny, I didn't know the let Airplanes drive on the Interstate Highways ...
Wudda thunk they would have >FLOWN< the thing for
that long a trip!

Next time consider Greyhound!

:p

k9krazee
08-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Wow!!! I thought that the 8 hour flight from Chicago to London was bad! I'm so sorry that you had to endure that, I couldn't imagine being in a plane for that long!

Giselle
08-15-2005, 07:41 PM
17 hours?!?!? Man oh man, I would've passed out. That's odd, though. My brother frequently flies from Boston to SF, and it only takes around 8 hours (add 2 hours if you're switching planes in Vegas).

What happened?:eek:

RICHARD
08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
From the Greek-

Tele- far
Commute-travel...

:confused:

Killearn Kitties
08-16-2005, 04:10 AM
Oh no! That's awful. Did the presentation go well? I hope they didn't ask too many questions!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-16-2005, 04:28 AM
OMG, did the plane forget to take the shortcut??:eek: To much traffic lights??? A sleepy pilot??
You should have taken the E's to keep you company :D ;)

I hope you still have good time in the Big Apple!

Randi
08-16-2005, 05:51 AM
Good grief, what a journey!! :eek: I think it took me less from Chicago to Copenhagen!

I hope it was a straight foward presentation!

Edwina's Secretary
08-16-2005, 06:23 AM
That was 17 hours of actual travel time. Almost 13 of that sitting in the airplane....(did I mention the very unhappy babies? The ones who cried from California....across Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Nebraska.....were lulled to sleep briefly over the "I"s....Iowa, Illinois and Indiana...then took up the cry again over Ohio....)

We were diverted to Syracuse where we were not allowed to leave the plane. Sat there for a few hours....the pilot did order pizzas (get the door...it's Dominos)....sat on the runway for a while....flew to NYC and sat on their runway for a while.

Killearn Kitties
08-16-2005, 06:52 AM
That just sounds too painful for words! I'll bet it wasn't even a comfy plane. You are closer to our time zone now, it is unusual to see you on at this time. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-16-2005, 09:28 AM
Sheesh! Like Phred says, consider Greyhound, you might get their quicker! Or maybe Amtrak....

Somehow I think somebody is trying to tell you that trans-continental travel is not for you - you need to move back to Chicago so you're more centrally located. ;)

furrykidsmother
08-16-2005, 10:01 AM
OMG!! I used to travel frequently from Boston to LA and back when my Dad was alive and it normally only took about 6 or 7 hours. Usually heading back was less because you would get a tail wind heading East. That is terrible!

Barbara
08-16-2005, 01:25 PM
I have no idea whether I told you about my flight to London 2 months ago. Should have been 2 hrs and became 8. Because we went to Cologne and stayed there with the text " We have a small problem on board that we don't want to take to London". :eek:

Hating flying, of course I was a mess. So you see we can do that in Europe too:D

mruffruff
08-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Did you take Independent Air?:D :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
08-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Mary....they did have your photo in some kind of a trophy display.....:cool: :p ;) :rolleyes: