PDA

View Full Version : A saw a cruelty case!

Heather Wallace
03-02-2002, 03:48 PM
I was walking down a street near to my house today when I saw a cat, and as always called it over for a chat and a cuddle.The only thing was the cat was in a real mess.
It had half of a tail, it was sooo thin and it's back was bald and sore red. Obviously a flea allergy that has not been treated. My max gets them but we treat him with advantage etc. I felt like crying. I confronted the owners who didn't seem to care much saying it was an old cat and she had thyroid trouble. I felt like saying get her treated for it, it's a small operation. I told her that the cat had an allergy and she just shut the door in my face.

I felt like taking her home. Old cats need care, not to be left to fester.

I called the rspca, royal society for cruelty to animlas,and reported it they will let me know the outcome. The thing is it wasn't a poor house but a very middle class area - makes me sick.

Will let you all know the outcome when hear from back from the rspca.:( :mad: :mad: :( :(

Logan
03-02-2002, 04:17 PM
:( Oh, Heather, I know that must have been hard for you. But I am so proud of you for not waiting, but doing the right thing, calling someone who can hopefully help.
Thank you for being such a friend to animals. :)

Randi
03-02-2002, 04:56 PM
Heather, you have done the right thing there - I do hope that the RSPCA will do something about it immediately!! Otherwise, I suggest that you take the cat - if you're patient I'm sure you can - and take it to a vet. It sounds like it's urgent!!!

It really disgust me that anybody can be so cruel to an animal!:mad: :mad: :mad: These people should NEVER BE ALLOWED TO HAVE AN ANIMAL EVER!!!

Thank you for helping this poor kitty!! You are an angel!! :) :)

Please keep us posted!

Gio
03-04-2002, 04:39 AM
Same old story...:mad: :mad: Why people get pets if they then treat them like this is beyond me.

Any news?

C.C.'s Mom
03-04-2002, 06:08 AM
I agree with you Gio, some humans...