PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck!

catnapper
08-15-2005, 01:11 PM
I've decided to take the job offer from my ex-boss and do his bathrooms. :rolleyes: :o

I just need the money too much... but I am prepared to put him in his place if he steps out of line for even one second. I'm leaving in a few minutes to go over paint options, measure and photograph everything.

Wish me luck that 1) he behaves and is polite 2) I don't cut his head off 3) that the job goes smoothly and I actually get paid what I invoice him (its won't be cheap! ;) )

Already he's rescheduled it from 1:00 to 2:00... then called back five minutes later to reschedule for 2:30. He then tried to change it again and I told him 2:30 was the last change - if he wanted to change it again I wasn't coming. Stay tough Kim!

PS: I look mighty nice too! Spent an HOUR getting ready for this silly meeting. I want him to know I am hapier, and better off without his stupid job!

caseysmom
08-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Good luck! Just keep your mind on the money!

Jamieejo85
08-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Good luck, I hope everything goes well! Let us know how it goes. Good for you, let him know you are happier now!!!:D :D Good luck again!

kittycats_delight
08-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Lots of Luck Kim. You are a strong woman and can handle him. Don't let him get to you and put him in his place immediately if he steps out of it.

(((((KIM)))))

Michelle & the girls

furrykidsmother
08-15-2005, 01:20 PM
You go girl!! I am sure that in your new clothes, you look wonderful and you will have that extra bit of confidence you will need to show him you mean business and aren't going to take any cr*p from him! Good luck!!

kuhio98
08-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Good luck! I'm glad you decided to go for it. Just think how much fun you're going to have spending this clueless jerk's money. And if you keep your cool (but don't allow him to abuse you), who knows how many other commissions this could bring in? :D

jesse_3
08-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Great! I am glad that you are stepping up, raising the price, etc!

Good Luck!-
Steph and Jes

luvofallhorses
08-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Good luck!! :)

catnapper
08-15-2005, 02:47 PM
UGH!!!!!!!

First, I got there on time, and he wasn't home. I sat for half an hour until he pulled in the driveway.

Second, the power was out. He KNEW that when he called me this morning.... why didn't he reschedule for another day instead of later today? Is that why he rescheduled?

Lastly... and you'll love this one... he had bought a new bathmat. It was rolled up and in a long plastic bag. I unrolled it, laid it on the floor. Looked good, and he asked if I was going to put it back in the plastic. I rolled it back up and attempted to put it back in the plastic. He said "oh, it loks like a giant condom." OMG... I almost died. Half tempted to walk out right there. I told him that wasn't appreciated. I told hubby about it when I got home, and he said I shoud have walked out right then and there.

All I can say is that I am SOOO GLAD I don't have to work with that schmuck any more. I will pick his paints and paint his bathroom... he said he won't be home when I return to paint. Thats the only reason I am continuing this job - because I know I won't be dealing much with him in person from this point.

caseysmom
08-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Make sure you charge him for the time you waited in your car. Those jokes are probably trying to embarrass you, totally ignore it when he does that.

finn's mom
08-15-2005, 02:57 PM
What a tool. Good luck.

jenluckenbach
08-15-2005, 03:00 PM
I would have wished you luck, but I didn;t get here in time.

When will you get this job FINISHED? So you can revel in his money. And YES< charge him for that 1/2 hour wait!!!

furrykidsmother
08-15-2005, 03:04 PM
Oh yes!! Charge for the time he made you wait! At least he won't be around to bother you while you are working. Good luck!!

petslover
08-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Wishing you luck.

Ginger's Mom
08-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Good luck. It is a good thing that you will not have to deal with him directly while you are doing that job. Just take his money and get away from him.

dukedogsmom
08-15-2005, 07:16 PM
I wouldn't have done that for any amount of money. There's no way I could do something for someone I detested so much and caused me so much trouble. Sounds like he's being an idiot right from the beginning. After that comment, I would have told him to find someone else to do it.

NoahsMommy
08-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Oh Kim...I hope this job goes quickly for you. He sounds like an idoit! :o

gini
08-16-2005, 12:04 AM
Be firm, professional, do a good job, and charge the heck out of him................................(and don't do any more jobs for him)!!

QueenScoopalot
08-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I sure hope you get most of the $$$$$$ up front, and do charge him for your half hour wait! Or else find some collateral in his home and stash it in the car lol! GOOD LUCK KIM!! This guy sounds like a jacka**!:rolleyes: