PDA

View Full Version : Aliens have taken my Polly Paws...pics

Glacier
08-15-2005, 12:11 PM
I swear aliens have taken my Polly Paws and replaced her with a much more pleasant creature. Polly Paws is a former feral who is quite tame now. She tolerates the other cats, except for Onyx who she despises. She goes out of her way to swat him! She hates me and occasionally treats me like Onyx. She is Stuart's cat. She loves her daddy.

Yesterday she was very nice to me. Everywhere I went she was right behind me, yowling her fool head off. She only shut up if I pet her. She even let me hold her for a few minutes and I have no new scars from the incident! I was trying to do some beadwork and she thought sitting on my shoulder would fun!

Then last night, I'm eating dinner and I see this across the room:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/paws1.jpg
Polly and Glacier on the same chair! That never happens. She never sleeps with the other cats. Over three years she's lived here and this is a first!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/paws2.jpg
A little while later, she's actually touching Glacier, which lead to some intense grooming!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20cats/paws3.jpg
An hour later, my dinner is cold and Polly Paws is actually asleep, touching another cat!

I wonder if my vet would think I'd gone completely nuts if I brought her in..."sorry, Doc, but she's just being too nice!"

kittycats_delight
08-15-2005, 12:32 PM
I don't think a vet visit is necessary at all. I think that Twicket of yours had a little talk with Lil Miss Polly Paws and told her she had to change her ways or else she would have to deal with him. He must have told her "look meowmie is having a rough time and I am here to make sure you guys do everything you can to help her out and you part in this Polly is to be nice to meowmie and let her know you really do love her"

Smart boy that Twicket. Good job buddy. :)

furrykidsmother
08-15-2005, 12:44 PM
I think Michelle (kittycats_delight) is on to something. Why else the sudden change then because Twicket wanted everyone to be nice and make things a bit easier for everyone. For whatever the reason, I am glad that Polly Paws has become so friendly. Imagine actually "touching" another cat. She has come a long way!!

Queen of Poop
08-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Will wonders never cease? Hopefully this is a furever new attitude on the part of Polly Paws. How nice it would be, for meowmie and the other kitties. Ya hoo Polly, good girl.

sasvermont
08-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Maybe the pecking order changed once Twicket went to RB. Think about it. I know when cats come in to the house, there is often a change in order so why wouldn't it work that way when one leaves?

My cats are being nice to each other right now, too. Sometimes it is like a war zone and right now it is heaven. Well, not heaven, but everyone is into grooming each other and tolerating each other.

Glad to hear you are getting a kick out of it all!

;)

jenluckenbach
08-15-2005, 03:23 PM
..."sorry, Doc, but she's just being too nice!"

giggle, giggle.

All I can say is "DON'T KNOCK IT!!!" :D

finn's mom
08-15-2005, 03:29 PM
How cool! That Glacier is just so handsome, his coloring reminds me of my Dusty. :) Polly Paws, what a cutie.

Don Juan's mom
08-15-2005, 03:31 PM
I would say to just enjoy the new situation.

But, you may want to check the basement and the garage for a cat-sized pod, just to make sure. :D

Liz

rg_girlca
08-15-2005, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Don Juan's mom

But, you may want to check the basement and the garage for a cat-sized pod, just to make sure. :D

OMG!!! That comment is just too darn funny. LOL!!!!!!!

Glacier and Polly Paws are such gorgeous cats. I hope the new, improved Polly Paws continues being pleasant. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Don Juan's mom

And if/when you find one, see if there's anything in it about another pod being left in New Mexico near Zippy's house. ;) :D

I'm glad she's being more friendly. It could very well be that it's because Twicket is gone. You hate to think that, but if he had to go, maybe this is the good that will come of it. :)

Laura's Babies
08-15-2005, 06:02 PM
They are beautiful together, maybe they figured out they are a mighty handsome pair? I just think sometimes, something "clicks" in their brain and they realize what they are missing when it comes to avoiding humans petting them... I sometimes swear anothe cat posses Amy, she has just gotten so sweet, her whole personality has changed...

catmandu
08-15-2005, 06:07 PM
MAYBE,THATS THE CASE,AND TWICKET ANGEL,HAS BEEN ABLE,TO CONVINCE POLLY PAWS,THAT BEING NICE,IS THE WAY,TO BE.
OR TWICKETS ABSENCE,HAS SOMEHOW,CHANGED THE CAT DYNAMICS,OF YOUR HOME.
WHAT EVER,IT IS,I HOPE,THAT IT CONTINUES,AND THAT ONYX,WILL SOON,BE PART,OF THAT CLOWDER!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture626.jpg