PDA

View Full Version : What is she trying to tell me?

catnapper
08-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Here's Angel's opinion of the dry Hills mixed in with the canned ID
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/AngelsFood.jpg

Do you think she got her point across? You should watch her.... lick - lick - lick - spit out dry food across the table - lick - lick - spit - lick :rolleyes:

I'm not quite sure, but I think she's not happy with the dry food? The plate is licked clean... not one smudge of wet food, but every single piece of dry sure is left behind! :p

Craftlady
08-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Yep she tant thrilled with the dry. However, if that was the only fare offered she woulde eat it because of hunger. Given a choice, she has voted her preference. :D

rg_girlca
08-14-2005, 01:16 PM
OMG Kim, that is just too funny.

Yup, I would definitely say, that is a sign that Angel does not like the dry food.

catmandu
08-14-2005, 01:27 PM
THAT ,WILL PROBABLY,BE A GOOD INDICATION,THAT LITTLE ANELEYES,IS NOT FUSSY,ON THAT BRAND,OF DRY CAT FOOD.
MAYBE,SHE WOULD LIKE,,THE NUTRO,AND THEY GENERALLY,HAVE SOME PRETTY GOOD PROMOTIONS,ON.

THAT,IS FUNNY,IT REMINDS ME,OF THE TIME,I TRIED,TO BLEND A NO NAME FOOD,IN WITH THIER NUTRO,AND THAT NO NAME,WAS PILED AROUND THE DISH.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture626.jpg

momcat
08-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Angel is apparently one little kitty who knows what she likes and is making her preference perfectly clear!!!!!

Laura's Babies
08-14-2005, 01:34 PM
:D Boy! Than answer was TO obvious!! What a clean plate!

catnapper
08-14-2005, 01:35 PM
Gary, thats just the thing... she only wants the Nutro Weight Management. She refuses to eat the Nutro Kitten... refuses the Nutro Max Kitten. She spits that out faster than the Hills. I bought Nutro Adult Indoor today... so far she hasn't touched it. :rolleyes: She ONLY wants the adult Weight Management and the vet says "NO" to that. Iam forbidden to feed her that. :(

Sigh.... on the good side, Grant said last night that she'll probably be here forever because of her food intolerances and diarreah. :D (insert major happy dance right here)

*ABYCAT* Alice
08-14-2005, 03:44 PM
My suggestion is that you put the dry food in a bowl instead of a plate and cover it with hot water 30 minutes before it’s served. Serve it when it’s cold again and soft, and you can easily mix it with the other wet food.
When you let her choose between wet and dry food on the same plate, it’s quite obvious she’s telling you which one she prefers.

catnapper
08-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Ah, I had tried that too... she's a fussy little one. Right now it seems she is vegetarian since she's attacking my spider plant :rolleyes: but just completed eating a plate of the Nutro Adult Indoor Formula! Whew! I just hope it doesn't upset her bowels. we still have liquid diarreah, but the leaking has been getting better day by day.

She'll eat the Hill ID wet food perfectly fine, but if I put down a plate of Friskies wet for my guys, she jumps off the ID for Friskies in a heartbeat. I've never had a cat so fussy like this. I've HEARD about them, but never HAD one.

That's ok darling, you be as fussy as you want, that just makes you harder to adopt out ot anyone else but me;)

Craftlady
08-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Why wont the vet let her eat Weight Management? Because of her age?
I have compared the WM and Indoor formula of Nutro and they are about the same but the Indoor has a fatter content. Found that out while shopping at PetSmart. Nutro rep happened to be there giving out coupons and she even was surprised.

catnapper
08-14-2005, 05:35 PM
The vet just plain said "WM is bad for kittens". Keep in mind that this is also the vet I do not like.

I'm of the mind frame that if its something she wants to eat, and basically the only thing she will eat, what is the harm? I'd think the more fat content would lend itself to more diarreah, wouldn't it? Something less fatty should be easier to digest. But what do I know? Seriously.

I do know that kittens do need more fat in their diet... but if we stop to think of pet food as little as ten years ago, there was no such thing as kitten formulas or weight management formulas... all the same food for every stage of life.

Sigh... all I want is for poor Angel to get better.

Craftlady
08-14-2005, 05:54 PM
I dont see any harm in feeding her the WM formula.
It's the quantity (amt you feed) that will determine if it's WM or regular food source.

When Skinny had all his coccidea problems and after 3 different antibotic attempts plus other stuff, it was the Nutro Weight Management that cleared his potty to regular toostie rolls.

My experience and research (which has been quite extensive) is corn and all it's byproducts causes runny poop not fat content percentages. Better the food the firmer the potty :)

Our new vet didnt even consider more antibotics. After 3 attempts they arent going to work. You then have look for a food source problem. We did and it cleared up.

It's not going to happen over night but within a week or so eating good stuff you should see a big difference in the poop content.

MULTICATMOM
08-14-2005, 06:03 PM
YOU'RE RIGHT, CAT FOOD WAS CAT FOOD...
I'M FEEDING MS MISSY,16 WKS, PURINA INDOOR. MY CATS ARE HOOKED ON PURINA! THEY WILL EVEN LEAVE PURINA ONE, WHICH ACTUALLY COST MORE...

A REALLY OLD MAN VET I USED NEARLY 20 YEARS AGO, GOD I'M OLD!, TOLD ME PEPTO-BISMAL & JUST PLAIN HUMAN BISCUITS WOULD CURE IT. I'VE BEEN DOING THAT EVERY SINCE, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO SQUIRT THE PEPTO DOWN THIER THROATS.... JUST LIKE HUMANS, THEY'RE NOT OVERLY FOND OF IT:rolleyes:

Craftlady
08-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Our old vet had us use human anti diarraha stuff (actually kids cherry) made our situtation worse. :(

catnapper
08-14-2005, 06:44 PM
I heard that they reformulated Pepto and Kaopectate and its now not good to give to cats. Is this true?

I honestly thought that Angel eating the WM food was ok since she was at least EATING.... I hate this vet and she's got me terrified about everything. To be honest, when Angel was eating the WM food, she did have diarreah, but it was nothing compared to when the vet made me feed them kitten food only. It was when I switched to kitten food that the leaky diarreah began.

Craftlady
08-14-2005, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
I heard that they reformulated Pepto and Kaopectate and its now not good to give to cats. Is this true?

Yes it is true...... but limited amounts and duration it's ok, I asked the pharmactist. We did 1/4 tsp couple times a day for just a few days. We used the childrens cherry Kaopectate.