PDA

View Full Version : This is in General because of the URGENT nature...MALE ESKIE ESCAPED IN TOLEDO, OH

mugsy
08-14-2005, 08:31 AM
Anyone in the Toledo/Maumee area....heads up!!

Here's the latest post...I will put the original below with the location information.....

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST

NIKKO HAS BEEN SPOTTED IN THE AREA WHERE HE SLIPPED HIS COLLAR IN MAUMEE, OH. Volunteers that have been searching for Nikko the eskie have spotted him several times but he's so scared he hasn't been caught. We're hoping he'll stay in the area until someone can get close enough to get him. We have a volunteer who will hold on to him once he's been picked up and will keep him until we can get him to his forever home in Michigan.

IF YOU CATCH HIM- NOTIFY ERU IMMEDIATELY!!! PLEASE CALL WANDA AT 301-617-2747

The local shelters, humane societies, police departments and rescue groups have all been notified and have received info on Nikko as well as pictures. PLEASE, HELP US GET NIKKO TO HIS FOREVER HOME!!!

Once again, here is a physical description of Nikko (he is an American Eskimo, commonly known as a white spitz):

*Name - Nikko!
*Sex: Male
*Weight: 20-25 Pounds
*Size - Small Standard
*Age - 5 Years Old
*Color - White
*Neutered - Yes
*Up To Date On Shots? Yes
*Rabies - Yes
*Distemper - Yes
*Heart Worm Check - Yes Negative
*Fecal - Negative

Deborah M Guske
Publications Coordinator
Transports, Foster Home
Rockford, IL
[email protected]
Eskie Rescuers United, Inc
American Eskimo Dog Rescue
501c3 Non Profit Orgainization
www.eskierescuersunited.org

PLEASE CROSS POST TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

WE NEED HELP NOW!!! An Eskie got loose from his transport. He slipped his collar while a hand off onto the next leg in Maumee, OH at a Red Lobster. The intersections are: Dussel and Reynolds Rd. at the back end of Red Lobster. A person who was trying to get Nikko says that he was running south and already down a mile towards the movie theaters. Again, he has slipped his collar and doe NOT have any ID on him. We need anyone and everyone in the area to PLEASE HELP FIND NIKKO!!!

*Name - Nikko!
*Sex: Male
*Weight: 20-25 Pounds
*Size - Small Standard
*Age - 5 Years Old
*Color - White
*Neutered - Yes
*Up To Date On Shots? Yes
*Rabies - Yes
*Distemper - Yes
*Heart Worm Check - Yes Negative
*Fecal - Negative

Thanks!

Have A Tail Waggin' Day!

Leah D. Lichtenberg
Founder
Executive Director of Operations

Eskie Rescuers United
American Eskimo Dog Rescue, Inc.

A Nation Wide Rescue Organization
Dedicated To The American Eskimo Dog

A 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization
All of Your Donations Are Tax-Deductible

http://www.eskierescuersunited.org

Cincy'sMom
08-14-2005, 09:32 AM
WE are out of town this weekend, but I got this email from another contact and have forwarded it to our therapy dog group.

mugsy
08-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks Amy,
I called and left a message on your phone at home, so you can ignore it! :)

I called Wanda at Eskie Rescue and she said as of this morning he is still out there. He's been hanging around the Red Lobster though, so hopefully he'll get hungry enough that someone can catch him.

Cessa's Mom
08-16-2005, 11:51 AM
PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST

NIKKO HAS BEEN SIGHTED AS RECENT AS 10AM EASTERN TODAY!!! TUES, 8/16.

We got a call from the Red Roof Inn that he was in the area of Piccadly &
Dussel, near a church parking lot.

He as also FIVE FEET AWAY from another volunteer LAST NITE but bolted.

SPREAD THE WORD, FAR & WIDE!!!

Call Wanda if you spot or CAPTURE HIM!!! He will not approach strangers, and is
a little dirty & tired from his escapades.

301-617-2747

lbaker
08-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Oh poor scared and confused Nikko! He will be so happy and relieved when he finds his forever home. My heart is just breaking with worry right now :(

ramanth
08-16-2005, 12:12 PM
Forwarded to friends in Toledo. Hope Nikko is found.

Cincy'sMom
08-16-2005, 12:35 PM
I forwarded the update to a friend who lives on Picadilly, and to the Toledo Humane Sociiety, which is only a mile or two from there

ramanth
08-16-2005, 03:34 PM
My friend Jason's work is located on Dussel. He said he'd keep an eye out.

mugsy
08-16-2005, 04:36 PM
I wish someone would set up a live trap with some food....he'll be hungry enough soon. Or a McDonald's double cheeseburger plain.

cocker_luva
08-16-2005, 06:19 PM
wow rockford is about an hour from my house

mugsy
08-16-2005, 06:51 PM
The transport coordinator/rescuer is in Rockford. The dog is actually near Toledo, OH (actually Maumee).

cyber-sibes
08-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Sending prayers that Nikko will be returned safely! At least he's been seen a couple times so you know the general vicinity. You said he slipped his collar, is he microchipped?

mugsy
08-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Nikko has been found and is SAFE!! WOOHOO!!

PERMISSION TO CROSSPOST

I was just about to hit send on our latest update on Nikko, the eskie who escaped during transport to his forever home in Maumee, OH, when we received an email & call that he had been safely caught!!!

During the day, a wonderful lady and her dog tracked Nikko to the area where he had been sleeping. A humane trap was placed at that location. At the same time, a call came in to our local contact that a family had found Nikko and had him at their home.

Because of the area volunteers and their diligence, the family remembered seeing the flyers around the neighborhood. They saw this white (or maybe not so white anymore) dog come up onto their porch and let their two little girls pet him. They called for their mother who then immediately attached a collar & leash and called the number on the flyer.

The tracker picked him up and took him to her home and promptly gave me a well-needed bath. He is now awaiting his new mom who will be travelling to Maumee in the next 24 hours.

WE OWE A HUGE THANK YOU to everyone who helped w/ crossposting, calling, emailing- and especially to the folks who actually searched, printed & posted flyers, placed traps, bait and kept an eye for Nikko. Without you, who knows what would have happened. Such a great effort went in to find him that none of us will ever forget your willingness to help strangers in a common cause.

Cessa's Mom
08-18-2005, 09:39 PM
HOOORRRAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god they finally got him!!! YAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

mugsy
08-18-2005, 09:40 PM
CM...I was thinking of you as I posted it too!

cyber-sibes
08-18-2005, 10:12 PM
Woooooo Woooooo Woooooooo!
Three cheers for Nikko and those angels that helped him return safely!

Cincy'sMom
08-19-2005, 04:38 AM
Yeah for Nikko!! I got an email from my friend last ngiht, that he was safe...Nikko is at her friend's house. She is in our therapy dog group and works volunteers for humane soceity.

Pawsitive Thinking
08-19-2005, 05:48 AM
Fantastic news - was checking in daily :D

Ginger's Mom
08-19-2005, 06:42 AM
I am so happy to hear he is safe and on his way to his new home. A big congratulations to everyone who worked so hard to rescue this little guy (twice).

lbaker
08-19-2005, 07:04 AM
Many people (and Nikko) will hopefully sleep in peace tonight. How glorious :)

Cataholic
08-19-2005, 08:55 AM
So thankful!

ramanth
08-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Horray! :D

gini
08-19-2005, 11:09 AM
This thread grabbed my attention too - and what a sigh of relief I let out as I read the happy ending. How heartwarming so many people volunteered to assist in capturing him and getting him to his forever home.