PDA

View Full Version : Bunnies...

*LabLoverKEB*
03-02-2002, 12:06 AM
I think I'd like to get a bunny! I don't know much about them, though! Can any of you help me, please?? Thanks!:) ;)

Bunnicula05
03-02-2002, 09:33 AM
In my mind the first thing you have to do is to decide if it's going to be inside or outside the house. I recommend inside bunnies, you get to know them better, even though mine are outside...that was my parents decision. Once you decide where they are going to be you have to prepare their living space. Inside bunnies need a cage, litter box, etc. Outside bunnies need a hutch that stands off the ground. If your bunny is going to be inside you have to "bunny proof" your home. I recommend www.rabbit.org for more information and www.theferretstore.com for bunny accesories. That is about all I can tell you. Do some research and become a bunny expert BEFORE you get your bunny. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
03-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Thank you sooo much, Bunniclua!!! :) ;) You are very helpful!:)

Karen
03-02-2002, 11:01 AM
Definitely check out the House Rabbit society site (rabbit.org) that she mentioned. And be prepared - if you have furniture you don't want nibbled, electric cords that are running along the floor - then a bunny might be a problem! How would Miss Sadie do with a bunny, anyway?

*LabLoverKEB*
03-02-2002, 11:31 AM
I'm sure that Sadie May would do great with a bunny!!! I'll just have to let them get to know each other a little bit, and I'm sure that they'll do great together!:) ;) Thanks again!

Sarah & Miss Sadie May:)

Freckles
03-02-2002, 12:15 PM
Karen, do bunnies and dogs normally get along together?

Former User
03-02-2002, 12:39 PM
I have a friend in Finland who has a bunny and 2 dogs, they get along well... might be because they all are the same size ;)

zippy-kat
03-02-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Karen, do bunnies and dogs normally get along together?

Good question. As I've stated before, Sara is terrified of Sophie but even so, I would NEVER leave them alone together. However, I FIRMLY beleive that our cocker (RB) would have taken her under her wing; she was such a loving, mother-ing dog!

Sara, how does Sadie react to cats? That might be a good way to judge how she is going to react to a bunny. Be sure to speak to your parents--how do they think Sadie would respond to a new critter in her house!?!

*LabLoverKEB*
03-02-2002, 01:40 PM
Thanks everyone!!!

Tonya, Sadie doesn't do very well with cats!:( :o But, I'm sure that she'll do well, with a bunny! (I hope!:) Thanks again!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

Bunnicula05
03-02-2002, 04:54 PM
My huge dog, Fridae, gets along perfectly well with my bunnies. When I first got them she would lay down with them and protect them........so cute! And Fridae is a rott weiler, husky, and labrador mix....a pretty good size.........but she loves anything I do. Hehehehe........you are very much welcome for the advice! If you get a bunny and are stumped on names.........I'm pretty good at that stuff. :D

zippy-kat
03-02-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by *LabLoverKEB*
Thanks everyone!!!

Tonya, Sadie doesn't do very well with cats!:( :o But, I'm sure that she'll do well, with a bunny! (I hope!:) Thanks again!

Love,
Sarah & Sadie

Sarah, I think you'd make a great bunny-mom. However, if Sadie doesn't do well with cats, I'm afraid she might not do well with rabbits either! Remember that in the wild, doggies & bunnies do not get along!

IF you really want to get a bunny, I'm sure you can work something out to where Mr.B (bunny) is safe. The best thing I know to do, is talk to your mom and dad. First ask them how they think Sadie might react. If they think she'll do ok, show them you are responsible by saving up allowance, doing extra chores, etc. THEN ask if you can have Mr. B. It might work, it might not. The first time I asked for a bunny they told me NO & I spent the better half of 2 days crying. My parents felt sorry for me but I still didn't get the bunny. I did get two mice though!;)

If they say 'no,' please remember it might be for the best. You don't know what kind of cuddly critter is waiting for you down the road!

{hugs}
Tonya