PDA

View Full Version : Heat and hunger

catnapper
08-13-2005, 09:20 PM
What do I get when the thermometer reaches 97 degrees with high humidity and feline hunger?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/feedus.jpg

Look closely - Harry's pushing his one dish off the table. He'd already gotten the storage cabinet open and yanked a can out of it -- sitting on the floor lower right corner of the photo. He managed to yank out lots of other junk in his effort ot get the canned food. He just didn't know how to get it open once he got it out of the cabinet! LOL

Usually in this heat, there's at least 4 kitties on that table. Pouncer left right before this pic was taken... all of them were sitting in the same position! Is this an Olympic Event --- Team Synchronized Death by Hunger?

catcrazylady
08-13-2005, 09:31 PM
LOL!!! I'm absolutely convinced that Harry and Leroy are related somehow!:D :D Those two are just too much alike.

We are in the midst of a major heat wave too and our AC went out today!!!:eek: We had heat index temps of over 105 and the humidity was horrible! I thought I was going to melt. My AC spoiled babies wouldn't even eat tonight because they were so hot. Thankfully hubby got it fixed when he came home but it was too late for me and the brats. We had already wilted beyond repair!;) :D

rg_girlca
08-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Harry, you are such a nawtee boy, but you know what????? I just loooovvvveeee nawtee kitties. Did meowmie finally get the hint? Did you guys get to eat? :D

Laura's Babies
08-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Now I understand kitties that get into the cabinets and dig into the bagged food.... but CANNED? :eek: THAT is one smart CAT!!
I am surprised that he didn't go to the drawyer and get the can opener too if he was smart enough to get out the can for you!

catnapper
08-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Oh boy Harry is one smart kitty. He can be ANYWERE in the house... in a coma-like sleep... and he'll HEAR my popping the top off (one of those with the pull tab on the top.) I can't figue it out, because its not loud at all. :p

When he knocked the can out of the cabinet, he batted at it a bit, then sat and meowed at me as if to say "well... you gonna open it for me?"

jenluckenbach
08-14-2005, 07:37 AM
--- Team Synchronized Death by Hunger

ROTFLOL

Now, I want everyone to scroll back up and L@@K at Abby! What a stomach! Is she trying to catch up to Allen??? Where is that scrawny, petite little girl???

catnapper
08-14-2005, 10:56 AM
Picking on my sweetheart?? :eek:

Yes, she has a round ittle tummy. YOU try telling her and her brother that they're not getting anymore food! :D Ten minutes of her screaming mee mee stuff and you'd be tossing food in the bowl too!

jenluckenbach
08-14-2005, 11:40 AM
Ten minutes of her screaming mee mee stuff and you'd be tossing food in the bowl too!

Too true!!

catnapper
08-14-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Too true!!
LOL! My sweet scrawny little girl has screamed her way into being a sweet round little girl :D