PDA

View Full Version : An Update With Pics!

Russian Blue
08-13-2005, 09:10 PM
(I would post this in General, but I figured only Cat People would remember me!) :)

Thought I would give an update to those who remember me. I sneak in every so often to catch up on everyone here, but I don't have nearly the same amount of internet time that I had a year ago. ;)

The most exciting thing in my life recently was selling my first photo. As a hobby I have been learning digital photography and last month someone actually bought one of my photos! It was too thrilling even if I don't sell anything else! :lol3: Also, I will be selling my current camera and upgrading to a better camera this fall. I am *very* excited about that prospect.

Rob and I have continued to restore our house and have been going to the cottage as much as we can. Here's a few pics:

We started to build a 8 x 12 shed in the backyard:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Shed%20Building/Shed4Wallsa.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Shed%20Building/MillsteadShedBW.jpg

We also have planted a few trees to cover a chain link fence in our backyard. Hope they continue to grow since I seem to kill everything I plant!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Home%20Design/Backyard1.jpg

Every other weekend we have gone to my cottage. Nakita absolutely loves going up there because she has so many new things to investigate. She also has become quite the navigator, giving Rob directions as we drive up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Nakita/2Drivers.jpg

(continued)

Russian Blue
08-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Once at the cottage, there are a million things to photograph:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/Natural%20Design/DaisyCloseup.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/MapleLeafBW1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/TreeFrog.jpg

Of course, I have to end with a pic of Nakita since she wouldn't forgive me otherwise! An alternative pic of the Emerald Princess :rolleyes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/syyren/nak111.jpg

It looks like I will even be busier this fall. I will be going back to school to upgrade some business courses and will be doing major renovation on my house. We just had an architect do some new layouts of our house and will begin to tackle that one room at a time.

Just wanted to check in so all you guys didn't think I forgot the site!

:)

rg_girlca
08-13-2005, 09:53 PM
How the heck could we ever forget you guys and your gorgeous Nakita. :)

A big hearty CONGRATULATIONS on the selling of your photo. How exciting and I pray that you do well with this.

That picture of Nakita with Rob in the truck is just too beautiful.
What an awesome picture.

I can see why someone would want to buy a photo of yours, as you are one fabulous photographer.

Great pictures.

I hope you will be able to drop by now and then and show us the progress you have done on your cottage and of course to show more pictures of your gorgeous Nakita with the most beautiful emerald eyes. :D

catmandu
08-13-2005, 09:57 PM
OF COURSE WE REMEMBER,THE PHOTOGENIC NAKITA,ONE,OF THE PRETTIEST CATS,TO GRACE CAT GENERAL.
AND THATS SO NICE,OF YOU,TO BUILD HER,A SHED,OF HER VERY OWN,A LITTLE CLUBHOUSE,THAT SHE CAN CALL HER OWN.
ITS GOOD,TO SEE NAKITA,AGAIN,PLEASE DONT LET HER,BE A STRANGER.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture625.jpg

slick
08-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Oh Kass, I'm so excited to see you back. :) I was thinking about you just the other day and have been meaning to email. Forgive me. :o

Wow, it sounds like life is busier than ever for you and I'm so happy for you that one of your photos has sold!! **doing the happy dance** Let this be the beginning of something big.

Nakita, it's so nice to see your smiling facie again and those beautiful emerald eyes. I've missed them terribly. Kisses to you sweetie and please be careful up at the cottage. You never know what lurks behind the next bush.

{{{hugs}}} Kass and if I ever venture over to your side of the country, you'll be the first purrson I call. :)

slick
xoxoxo

shais_mom
08-13-2005, 10:40 PM
any update with Nakita pics ANYTIME is wonderful!!!
glad to hear you and the family are doing so well!

krazyaboutkatz
08-14-2005, 02:26 AM
It's great to see you posting again and your pictures sure are beautiful.:) Nakita looks wonderful too. I'm glad that you're doing well and staying busy. Please don't be a stranger.:)

jenluckenbach
08-14-2005, 07:28 AM
It is good to see you updating! And Nakita, as gorgeous as ever!

Best of luck with everything and congratulations!

Corinna
08-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Glad to hear from you again we can never get enough of that blue girl.

sirrahbed
08-14-2005, 09:36 AM
OH!! How nice to see a post from you - and of course the pictures of beautiful Nakita are always exciting to see! The cottage sounds like it will be lovely. I hope you check in now and then with a bit of news and pictures:)

Sonia59
08-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Your pics are great! :cool:
The one with Nakita giving driving instructions to her daddy is my favorite, probably because there is a beautiful cat on it! ;)
Nice to meet you and Nakita!

Killearn Kitties
08-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Nakita is not the only one who would never forgive you if you made a thread without a photo of her in it. :D

Glad to see you are all doing well. Fabulous pictures as always.

ramanth
08-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Great hearing from you! Congrats on selling your first ever photo. Your talent is very aparant. :D

Kisses to Nakita!

wolflady
08-15-2005, 10:51 AM
How could we forget gorgeous Nakita??!! :p Congratulations on selling your first photo. You're definitely very talented. Pictures of Nakita are always welcome. I just love her!

**hugs**

Karen
08-15-2005, 10:57 AM
I've moved this to General, as not only Cat People remember you! Hello, Nakita, you are as beautiful as ever. My, you are going to be one busy feline, what with renovations and building to supervise!

Lovely photographs, love the toad photo - he looks like he's posing just for you!

Cataholic
08-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Ten years from now, someone could say "Russian Blue", and I would know in an instant that it was you and Nakita! Thanks for dropping in, and wonderful photos. You have such an eye.

Vermontcat
08-15-2005, 12:38 PM
It's so nice to hear from you again.:)
Nakita is lovely as always and your photos are wonderful!

Vio&Juni
08-15-2005, 03:01 PM
WOW!!!

All pictures are beautiful! Nakita is a masterpiece!

Good to hear from you, at least from time to time.

finn's mom
08-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Great pictures, can you share with us which photo you sold? That's awesome, it's a dream of mine! :)

RobiLee
08-15-2005, 05:15 PM
Even though I don't get to the cat side very often I certainly remember Nakita! Who could forget that beauty?! Fantastic photos. What a thrill to have actually sold one. I would love to see more of your pics. Can you tell us what camera you use?

Anita Cholaine
08-15-2005, 05:37 PM
I joined PT this year on May, so obviously I don't remember you, but welcome back!:)...
I loved all your pics, they are just awesome!!! Nakita is soooooo beautiful, she looks like a queen...

Russian Blue
08-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I've moved this to General, as not only Cat People remember you!...............Lovely photographs, love the toad photo - he looks like he's posing just for you!

Thanks Karen. Actually the picture is of a tree frog. We had to replace the roof on one of our cabins and he seemed to be living under the roof. I placed him on that limb and he stayed there while I took a picture.

Wow, I'm amazed at all the responses! :eek: Thanks for taking the time to reply, you guys always make me feel so welcome here even though I'm not a regular anymore.

:D

Russian Blue
08-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by RobiLee
Can you tell us what camera you use?

Unfortunately, I became interested in photography AFTER buying our 100 year old home that we are currently renovating. So, as you can guess all my money is going into the house, not my hobby. If I didn't have this house I'd have a much bigger budget to splurge on my hobby.

I have a Canon Powershot A80 that I purchased last year because it was the first camera that went on sale at the time. It is a great camera to learn photography with and now I might be upgrading this camera in the next couple of months. But I can totally recommend any of Canon's Powershot series cameras if someone is looking to purchase one. :)

Barbara
08-16-2005, 01:36 PM
Kass, we will never forget you. Actually I like to think of you as a friend. :)

I think you are so skilled not only in photography but also in the house things. It must be a lot of work- but also a lot of fun:)

As some others I love that picture of pilot Nakita. What a great team she and her daddy are:D

NoahsMommy
08-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Kass,

Thanks so much for directing me to this!! I've missed you and Nakita, my friend!!

Its so great you're doing so well. CONGRATS on selling your work...you're an amazing photographer and I've always enjoyed seeing your work. Yay for you!! :D :D :D Greatly deserved in my opinion!!!

OK, going to PM you now.

Hugs,
Kelly (and the furkids)