PDA

View Full Version : One more transport for me

Logan
03-01-2002, 08:38 PM
I mean one more, in addition to the ones I have done and the ones I will do!! LOL!!!
I was asked earlier in the week to help transport a mixed Golden mama and her 7 :eek: , eight week old pups. Then it turned out that they didn't need me. These pups are leaving the Atlanta, GA area and headed to New Jersey!!!
Tonight, the lady called me on my cell phone and asked if I was still available, so tomorrow morning, I will be headed to Anderson, SC to meet the driver from Atlanta at 7:45 am!!! And I will get lots and lots of puppy breath.
I asked tonight, "why", they were willing to take mixed breeds so far, and her response was that in the NE, the rescue groups rarely have puppies. That tells me that the message of spaying and neutering is coming through much more loudly and clearly than it is in the South. :o So, one more mama and her precious little ones will be headed to safe haven from a kill shelter in the Atlanta area (don't know which one).
I'll fill you in on the details of our trip when I return!!! :D
Logan

delidog
03-01-2002, 09:10 PM
you go logan!!!! thanks to you for being able to help in these rescue transports!!!! godspeed!!!!! the deli dog

Sudilar
03-01-2002, 11:13 PM
Angel Logan in flight again!!!!! :):) Wishing you good luck and good weather.

Dixieland Dancer
03-02-2002, 06:53 AM
Logan, Make sure you get a wiff of that wonderful puppy breath for me too! I miss it terribly!!!!

Thank you for your continued efforts in helping save GOLDEN lives! I know you would do it for any breed if you could.

Pam
03-02-2002, 07:07 AM
Logan I don't know how far north you plan to go on this transport, but if you should reach New Jersey you know you MUST stop in and see me and the furkids! :) Do you know their final destination (what town?)

Logan
03-02-2002, 09:56 AM
Home, safe and sound, and the puppies are well on their way to a new life. Ended up with a mama (mutt, no Golden in her after all) and her 7 babies (who looked to have some shepherd/golden/?? in them), plus one more puppy, who was a bit older and probably a german sheperd mix. All of them adorable, all of them very nervous.

They came in three large crates from Atlanta, but unfortunately, only two crates would fit in my car. We were only expecting two, as the older puppy was a surprise rider this morning. Mama rode on the front seat, beside me, and the puppies were crated in the back. All seven of those babies were in one large crate! I wish you could have seen them all!! It was like a zoo, and they started barking on the way to Spartanburg, so I sang to them...LOL! They shut up in hopes that I would quit singing. :o

Pam, I just drove part of the SC route, but they will end up at All Pets Rescue in NJ. Here's a link to their site, and I will admit, I haven't even looked at it yet!!

http://www.allpetsrescue.org/

I'm just so happy to be able to help out. Wish I had pictures, but with all those dogs, plus the freezing temps and the pouring rain, the camera stayed in the bag. They promised to send some pictures by email when they get to their destination.

Oh, the puppy breath. :D Some families will be very joyful, very soon.

Logan
03-02-2002, 10:03 AM
http://www.allpetsrescue.org/graphics/dogs/joy.jpg

This is Joy, the mama Beagle from the last rescue run.

http://www.allpetsrescue.org/graphics/dogs/jimmie1.jpg

And this is Jimmie, Joy's little baby, who also rode with me. Unfortunately, the other baby girl, who was also Joy's baby, died. She was just too weak.

I found these pictures on the website I put in my last message.

Pam
03-02-2002, 12:07 PM
Oh Logan, Joy is a doll! Those eyes are just pleading "take me home!" I went to the site and have to say that Jamie looks like she could be the long-lost sister of Pet Talk's own Simba. I just can't get enough of gazing at all of these sweeties in need of good homes. It breaks my heart that they have to wait, and I say a little prayer for each one that their forever home is just around the corner!

lizbud
03-02-2002, 01:10 PM
Logan,

You are an Angel to do these transports that help so
many dogs and pups on their way to possible forever
homes. Through your efforts, they are given a CHANCE
at happiness. Thank you, Thank you, you will surely be
Blessed for giving so generously of your time & efforts
to help these helpless ones.I'm so proud to know you. Liz.

RachelJ
03-02-2002, 01:15 PM
Okay, let's everybody give our Logan a five star rating for her mission of mercy. Thank you for all you do for the needest ones. I know you were probably tired from a very busy week and could have used some down time this morning. Bless you.

Former User
03-02-2002, 01:18 PM
Logan, good job! What a swet thng from you to do :)
The look so adorable,I'd love to take those puppies...

Logan
03-02-2002, 03:44 PM
Casper and Kitty weren't dreaming......I had linked pictures from a private site (handled by a volunteer at the Athens,GA shelter where these dogs were located before). But now that they have been rescued, their pictures have been replaced by other ones who also need a home. :( And it goes on and on.

Logan

tatsxxx11
03-02-2002, 05:08 PM
Wonderful job Logan!!! And I must say, all the more special because these babies were not pedigreed ones who might have better chances of finding forever homesin a shelter. Each and everyone is beautiful and their pleading faces made me cry. Thanks so much for your efforts in giving them a chance at life. 5 stars ***** for Logan!

AdoreMyDogs
03-02-2002, 05:23 PM
Logan, you're WONDERFUL!!! Those are some adorable babies :) I love good posts like these :)

Logan
03-02-2002, 09:26 PM
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/34799/curr/6113790_20020302_220047_20020302220047.jpg

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/34799/curr/9414376_20020302_215929_20020302215929.jpg

No, the lady isn't me.........LOL!!

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/34799/curr/4993604_20020302_215839_20020302215839.jpg

AdoreMyDogs
03-02-2002, 09:32 PM
:) Awwwwww :D

Look at all those puppies all bundled together in that crate :) Oh I am so happy to see them :)

Beautiful little bundles of love :) Thank you, Logan, for the pics :) What a wonderful job!

Logan
03-03-2002, 06:58 AM
This is the "mama" dog on the left. What a sweet girl! :)

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/34799/curr/2019263_20020303_075709_20020303075709.jpg

Pam
03-03-2002, 07:00 AM
And what a proud Mama she is! Little prayers are going up now for each of those sweethearts to quickly find loving forever homes! I am melting!

mugsy
03-04-2002, 07:29 AM
Logan, you are my heroine!! You are so giving to poochies in need. The pictures are adorable. Love Joy and her baby. I would love to talk to you about how you do this stuff. I would be more than willing to help in transport. You are an inspiration for all of us.

sammi
03-04-2002, 10:24 AM
:p Logan, the pup pictures are so sweet! The mother dog must have been ok with strangers moving her pups around. I joined a rescue group in my area this past month (the 1st. transport fall through that we were to help with) . So I hope to be able to help with some that pass my way. Several go to Canada to forever homes. :)

C.C.'s Mom
03-04-2002, 10:32 AM
Logan, you're doing such an amazing job. I'm so thankful that you rescue these sweet animals and that they're given another chance.

And those pictures are great.

Gio
03-04-2002, 11:13 AM
Ditto to all that's been said :) :) :)

Logan
03-04-2002, 12:11 PM
Thank you, everyone. It is nothing that each of you wouldn't do, given the chance. That, I know is the truth! :D

Had an email yesterday and again today, letting us know that the "family", plus Chloe, made it to New Jersey in the wee hours Sunday morning, and are all comfortable and happy. They are all being fostered in the same home.

Here's that link again, its been updated, and our little precious faces are shown there now, minus one, who has already been adopted. :)

www.allpetsrescue.org

tatsxxx11
03-04-2002, 04:57 PM
Logan, the local news just had a piece on a big rescue mission of pups from NORTH Carolina to Mass. They all arrived safely and are awaiting their forever homes. Actually, there is a waiting list for these babies, and most of the ones have already been spoken for!:) Hope your group find their special humans VERY soon. They are all PRECIOUS!! However did you manage to keep your hands off them! Thanks for another wonderful mission of mercy!

mruffruff
03-05-2002, 01:00 PM
Logan, I admire you for your recent transportation gig. It has to be a great feeling to know that you've done this for the pups.

I too saw the article about the rescue from North Carolina.

Wish I could help, too. Unfortunately I have to be at work all day and can't see much at night. So I'll have to live vicariously through you.:D

Keep on truckin'!

Mary