PDA

View Full Version : Aggravated

K & L
03-01-2002, 08:06 PM
I'm SO aggravated with people right now! My husband and granddaughter went to the park to feed this evening. I just got a call from my husband saying someone dumped their pet cat off, it's a male and not neutered, and the rangers have him at the ranger station. Now we will bring him home, have him neutered and will have to release a friendly cat back in the park if we can't find
a home. What is wrong with some people?!!

wolflady
03-01-2002, 10:50 PM
:mad: I can't believe the irresponsibility of some people!! Stuff like this just ticks me off! It's really sad that people just dump their pets like old pieces of unwanted furniture. I always wonder why people like this get pets in the first place!! If they are going to be careless and no longer want to take responsibility of the life they brought into their home...the least they could do would be to drop it off at the shelter or find it a suitable home somewhere else! Not just dump the poor thing off and expect it to fend for itself!!
Luckily there are kind hearted people such as yourselves that take the burden of other people's negligence. Bless your hearts!! Is there a rescue group that might take the cat? It would be such a shame to have to release a nice cat back into the park:(
**hugs**
Let us know what happens with the cat. I'll cross my fingers and hope you can find him a home:)

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-01-2002, 10:56 PM
:mad: I AGREE :mad:

How can someone live with a pet and be sooooooo blind to the unconditional love that it gives!!!!!! Anyone who is going to pay for a pet or receive a free pet (but no pet is free you have to buy food) should take the time to look up FREE INFORMATION on that animal before they pass it's chance up on a happy home!!!!:( :mad: HELLOOOOOOO PEOPLE THIS MAY BE A SHOCKER TO SOME PEOPLE BUT ANIMALS HAVE FEELINGS TOO!!!!!

K & L
03-02-2002, 09:06 AM
He's SO cute. It's a little tuxedo cat that really resembles our Bentley. We will take it in on Monday for neutering and testing for FELV. Then if all is well, we'll start contacting all the no-kill shelters in the valley and other friends to see if we can find him a home. In the meantime, he'll reside with us until then. We don't have the heart to release him back in the park since he's so tame. I afraid the ferals would not accept him and being so friendly he may lose the battle.

Former User
03-02-2002, 10:32 AM
Some people take a cute kitten and don't realise that it grows up. I just hate people who don't care about their pets and dump them.
I guess the only good news here was that the owner did dump him on the park, instead of somewhere else, like a busy road... At least now that cat has a change to get a good and loving home! Not that that is an excuse for the owner from me, but still...

gini
03-02-2002, 12:54 PM
These stories make me nuts! But thank goodness your husband was in the right place at the right time. Now perhaps, this sweet baby will have a chance at a GOOD home - all thanks to your efforts!

I have lived in my home for a number of years. Right behind me is a large home and the people that lived there used to take in stray animals. Both have passed away now, but some of the stories would chill you to the bone.

I personally have seen people drive up - stop in the middle of the road - open the car door and dump out a cat. They felt this shelter must "be somewhere around here" and the cat would find it. I have had dozens of cat stories because of this - not all with good results - but I was able to place all of the kittens the Mom generously brought to live under my house.

I will be back on my soap box that kids at an early age should be taught either in school or at home, that pets are special, they have feelings too, and deserve love and care. Then, it might be possible to have more responsible adults.

sammi
03-02-2002, 03:04 PM
You got that right. Teach the young children about animals feelings. When you hear about some of the terrible terrible things that children (young children- almost babies) have done to animals where did they pickup this? And if they don't get corrected they will grow into the adult animal abusers.

K & L
03-02-2002, 03:13 PM
Spencer
I think it all has to do with the environment. Were your ferals there first or after? With this little guy being the only tame one, I would be afraid for him in the park in more ways than one. Being friendly, he may walk up to the wrong type of person, and ferals don't readily accept a new one in the colony, it has to be earned. I just feel better all the way around with trying to find him an indoor home. Wish us luck!

sasvermont
03-02-2002, 03:19 PM
It is so nice of you to take this little guy into your home. What a wonderful treat for him. Keep us posted. You have a big heart, for sure!:cool:

Pam
03-02-2002, 03:33 PM
K & L, it sounds to me you might have a new permanent little resident on your hands. ;) He sounds so sweet. You have probably shown him more love already than he has ever known in his little life. :(

K & L
03-03-2002, 09:29 PM
We decided to call the cat Winston. He just got back from the vet and is negative for FIV/Felv YEA!!!!! He will go in next week to be neutered and hopefully we'll find him a new home. He had tapeworms, so he got a shot and that should take care of those little buggers. They said he appears to be about a year old. He is so friendly and layed back. I just don't see how anyone could just dump him.

LoudLou
03-03-2002, 10:29 PM
Yippee for Winston! A clean bill of health!... Maybe Winston can stay with Bentley & Boo??!!?:D

Gio
03-04-2002, 04:20 AM
I'm pleased that there is nothing wrong with him.

Perhaps people who abandon animals should be dumped in the middle of the desert without foods and water and see how they feel about it (I stole the idea from my mother but I had to censor it a bit). When we were children she taught us that if you want a pet you have to accept that it comes with responsabilities and that you cannot treat as an unwated toy.

Former User
03-04-2002, 04:25 AM
Ditto Gio, when I wanted to have a dog as a kid, my parents told me all what comes along the dog, and if we get it, it's on my responsability. Well, we didn't get it, because I was too young, but few years later we did, it was hard work to have a dog, but I enjoyed every moment :)

aly
03-04-2002, 10:59 PM
K & L - How nice of you to take care of Winston and give him a second chance at a good life. Maybe you could contact a rescue group and see if they have any good homes lined up. Or you could tell them you'll foster him if they can find a home for him and adopt him out through their group. Or maybe you know someone who wants a cat?

I see awful stories like this every day at work. I get so frusterated and hurt inside. But then I try to look at the bright side. At least the animal is now in loving hands and will hopefully never have to go through anything like the previous life again.

sasvermont
03-12-2002, 10:59 AM
I cannot see the photo of Winston. I think the site is experiencing problems. I hope we all can see this pic soon!

Cinder & Smoke
03-12-2002, 11:01 AM
Wow! Thassa CUTE Kat! ~

And he looks like a slender twin to our Boots, the Kat.

Let's jest show his pix right here...

Here's WINSTON!

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/37285/curr/2443653_20020312_112801_20020312112801.jpg

K & L
03-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Wonder what's going on? I will delete it and try again.

K & L
03-12-2002, 04:02 PM
I can't seem to get the site to work. I'll try and figure out what's going on.

K & L
03-12-2002, 07:11 PM
OK here we go, Winston enjoying the cat run.
http://www.photogra.com/galleries/37285/curr/5094467_20020312_105223_20020312105223.jpg

K & L
03-13-2002, 03:39 PM
Can anyone see this picture? I can't see it at work, but can at home.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-13-2002, 04:00 PM
No, I can't see the picture. And when I go to my preferences and click "NO" on seeing the image, I get the link and it comes up "blocked." I don't think photogra is going to work anymore for pictures. :(

momoffuzzyfaces
03-13-2002, 05:33 PM
Perhaps Winston has all ready found a home? ;)
Usually, if I name a cat, I keep him. :cool:
I can't see Winston's photo either.

K & L
03-13-2002, 07:42 PM
I keep getting blocked also. I sent them a note but haven't had a response yet. Maybe I'll have an answer tomorrow. That will be a bummer if we can't use them anymore.

K & L
03-19-2002, 07:46 AM
Ok I think we got it, here's Winston enjoying the cat run
http://community.webshots.com/uploads/33577339.jpg.tmp?9226

Logan
03-19-2002, 08:01 AM
There he is!!! He looks very content too!!! :)

lynnestankard
03-20-2002, 05:18 AM
K & L - can't see the pics.,!!!! Help.

Lynne

K & L
03-20-2002, 07:06 AM
I don't know what's going on with these photo sites. Seems they'll be there one day, and gone the next. I'll try and see what's going on.

K & L
03-27-2002, 07:04 AM
Well Winston got a GOOD home last night! We hated to give him up, but it was such a good home we couldn't say no.

K & L
03-27-2002, 09:04 AM
It's not always easy finding the good homes! I did tell them if it didn't work out to return him to us, no one else!! Good luck to you in finding homes.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-27-2002, 10:18 AM
So good to hear that!!! Such good news everywhere is making my morning go so much better!

04-08-2002, 12:31 PM
Congratulations on what you did for little Winston !!
Wish everybody would care that much !!