PDA

View Full Version : Stupid wasps, not so bright Raven!

Glacier
08-13-2005, 02:25 PM
It's been a lousy week around here (see Cat Memorial for details) so I thought some time in the bush would make me feel better. I took Raven, Mac & Ozzy out for a hike this afternoon. Mac and Ozzy were delighted to have some time together. They were hysterical together--running, wrestling, jumping. They looked and sounded like they were killing each other, but they were having a great time. Then crazy Raven comes charging out of the bush with a look of panic on her face. She is covered in WASPS!!!She must have stirred up a nest while she was digging. Not so bright Raven! She managed roll and shake to get them all off of her and then we hightailed it out of that area!

She seems alright now. A little lethargic, but that could be from the heat today, a long walk and the benadryl I gave her when we got home. She's shaking her heat alot. I can't see any obvious stings, but I assume there's one in her ear.

She's hanging out in the shady part of her pen. She's sweet as sugar, but not too bright somedays!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/new%20camera%20dogs/shady.jpg
My not-so-bright girl!

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Aw, Raven...poor dim girl. ;) She's so cute! Hope it all is ok and she didn't get too badly stung somewhere that you can't see...

Ginger's Mom
08-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Ah, Raven sweetie. I guess you won't do that again. I hope your ear heals up soon.

cyber-sibes
08-13-2005, 04:11 PM
poor girl! Hope she "smartens up" and doesn't repeat this performance! is she milking it for attention? I hope so!

Tonielle
08-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Awww poor chicken!!!!

It could happen to the best of us... I know when I'm digging I'm not looking out for wasps nests :confused:

She's a beaut and I'm sure she won't make the same mistake again!

lizbud
08-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Well, you don't have to be slow to get stung by wasps. :eek:

Sounds like she did the right thing with the drop & roll.:D I hope
she feels better soon.

dukedogsmom
08-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Poor Raven. I hope she's feeling better. I left a note in cat memorial. Really sorry this had to happen so soon after Dominique.

Daisy and Delilah
08-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Look at the pretty girl!! Awwwww. Raven, you're such a sweetheart. We hope you didn't get stung by those bad ole wasps. Don't get sick pretty girl. Sorry things are going so rough for you Glacier. We're praying things will get better for you.:)

Terry, Daisy, and Delilah

IRescue452
08-13-2005, 11:32 PM
Poor Raven. Autumn loves bee and wasps, she'd love to help you out. She likes to have a little challenge before having a sweet honey-tasting bee treat or wasp treat.

king2005
08-14-2005, 01:20 AM
aww poor pup. Hope she feels better soon.

Same kind of thing happened to my old dog & myself. I was tossing sticks into the bush & he was fetching them. Then he came out & refused to go & bring it back. SO I went in to find it or get a new one. I saw a pile of the old train track logs & I assumed it fell into the pile & he didn't want to step onto it.

I was walking around the pile & saw the stick on the other side, I called him & told himto get it. He stopped on one of the logs & I heard a small crunch & then looked at him.

OMG the swarm was HUGE. It was just like those cartoons u see where the bees get into a ball & look at u & then chase u. Well I saw that ball & yelled RUN!! Its one of his commands so he ran.

He has several bee like things on him & I was hitting them with rocks. The lst one I flicked off his leg, I saw in the corner of my eye it going towards my back.

The bloody thing stung me! I screamed & ran for my life. My friend was LOL (she didn't know what was going on). All she knew is that I sure was boogying, which is something I don't do.

My dog was fine. My sting was HUGE. it was the size of 1/2 a golf ball.

SO I kinda know how poor Raven felt, I do hope she recovers from it, bees can be nasty things.