PDA

View Full Version : How did you find Pet Talk????

Zany_girlie
08-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I have been wondering how everyone found PT so i thought I'd ask......I found Pet Talk by one of my friends(joanofark) sending it to me in an e-mail. ANd thought that i should check it out and it turns out im always on here now! How about you, whats your story???:)

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I saw a link on my nephews' website, to "Dog of the Day". I went to have a look, logged in on the forum, and...... the rest is history :) :)

Suki Wingy
08-13-2005, 02:46 PM
It seemed that in one out of every 5 google search there was a link to dog, cat, or pet of the day. I ignored it :o and then one day the dog of the day was one of the cutest dogs I have ever seen and I just had to sign up to leave a comment and then I found dog breeds and stayed there for the next 8 hours or so! I eventually went to all the sections. That was in February.

joanofark
08-13-2005, 02:58 PM
I cas doing a search on what kind of cat I wated after my RB kitty, Necko died. I did and Image search on google and found the Cutest, most perfect cat!! So I clicked it and it liknked to cat of the day. I eventually found the forum with it!:p

chocolatepuppy
08-13-2005, 03:02 PM
My husband actually found Dog of the Day and after months of just checking the dog, cat and pet of the day I decided to join the forum! :D

lady_zana
08-13-2005, 03:03 PM
I bought a book that featured Cat of the Day as a website and checked it out. I saw the forum and read it for a few days. After seeing all the friendly pet-loving people, I decided to join:)

joanofark
08-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Zany_girlie
I found Pet Talk by one of my friends(joanofark) sending it to me in an e-mail.

Aren't you glad I found this WONDERFUL place??;):p

Zany_girlie
08-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Definetly!!!!!

Anita Cholaine
08-13-2005, 03:14 PM
A person I know had a link to Cat of the Day on his fotolog. So, I found Dog of the Day, Pet of the Day, and finally Pet Talk... I decided to join, and inmediately I loved it!:D I'm so glad I found it...

Ginger's Mom
08-13-2005, 03:15 PM
I did a google search for dog picture contests because a friend had entered her dog into a contest and I couldn't remember which one. I clicked on Dog of the Day, and have been here everyday almost every day since. :)

catnapper
08-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Pouncer's foster mom gave me the link the one day I sent her updated photos of Pouncer. The foster mom? Our very own Jen Luckenbach.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-13-2005, 04:07 PM
I was looking at Toller pics on google and came across DOTD then I saw a link to Pet Talk....

equinelover23
08-13-2005, 05:01 PM
I came here every single day looking at the dog, cat, and pet of the day... but it wasnt until a few months later that I noticed PetTalk. :o :D

sirrahbed
08-13-2005, 05:10 PM
My daughter Missy, sirrahsim, told me about it:D

neko1
08-13-2005, 05:52 PM
I did a search for cat pictures and came across cat of the day. I just looked at that for a long time before I actually clicked on the pet talk bar.

slick
08-13-2005, 05:57 PM
Well, I just click on Favourites--->Pet Talk. :D :D :o :o Oh, that's not what you meant????

Back in the Fall of 2002 I was browsing through a rescue site located in Calgary, Alberta. They had a link for cat of the day. I lurked for about 3 months, then decided to join when I had a question about Speckles drinking too much water.

Not only have I have learned alot through Pet Talk, but my life has been enriched with everlasting friendships.

manda_moo87
08-13-2005, 08:42 PM
I was browsing Google images searching for "bunny" pictures when I saw this adorable picture...

http://petoftheday.com/archive/2002/May/01.jpg

I then began checking POTD, COTD and DOTD and browsed PT for about 4 or 5 years before finally joining last year when my cat Perkins passed away.

Zany_girlie
08-13-2005, 08:45 PM
Well how ever you found it arent you glad you did!!!!!!!!!:)

luvofallhorses
08-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I was looking for pet message boards and came across this one and have enjoyed my stay ever since :D

rizzy
08-13-2005, 09:24 PM
Ems (Dogz) told me about pet talk and I decided to join. I am so glad I did too, this website is filled with so many wonderful people and ADOARBLE pets!:D

Laura's Babies
08-13-2005, 10:40 PM
I had searched the internet for years, looking for a place where everyone felt the same way I do and that has PICTURES! I lurked at many sights, never joining any. Then, I found this one and lurked right around here for a long time until I decided this one was EXACTLY where I BELONGED!

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Well, I actually found "Dog of the Day" back in 1999 (woa!:eek: :p ;)) and I enjoyed looking at it every day (I had been on google searching for dog pictures...lol, I was nine back then!:p)...and it wasn't until 2002 that I found PT, and then I didn't really do much or even browse, until I really decided to join last June, 2004!:eek: I really can't believe I waited that long, except for the fact I wasn't really old enough either until 2 years ago. It's all complicating, but I'm glad to be here!!:D:)

Toby's my baby
08-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Ever since I had my own computer (when i was 8 yrs. or so) I always came to look at Dog of the Day, EVERY day. I would click the "talk" button, but I didnt know anything about it, so I ingnored it, I was to young anyways :o. Then my friend Emma, (Dogz) told me to join. EVERY time I would go to her house, she would be on PT and she would stay on PT she wouldnt get off and do something else ;) I finally joined about 2 yrs ago when I got a puppy named Toby, I was really excited so I wanted to share my news. That how I found PT. :D

k9krazee
08-14-2005, 06:52 PM
I was really bored and I was on google searching for a site that I had seen before that had a dog of the day and I wanted to find it again but I ended up finding dogoftheday.com instead! I don't even think I ever found the other site but I would look at the DOTD, COTD, and POTD every single day and then I looked at a lot of the previous dogs. cats and pets. I didn't even see the Pet talk button for about a month and then I did and started posting and I will never be bored again!

jesse_3
08-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Actually, Rachel (rizzy) was talking about it one day to Emma (Dogz) and I asked what it was. They told me, and I said okay. I was nervous that no one would like me, or they would think I was dumb, so I didn't join it for about 2 years after hearing about it. Then, Rachel was online at her house when my family went down there, and as soon as I got home, I joined!-If it were for Jesse's pleading eyes too though;)

Steph and Jes

Chica
08-14-2005, 07:45 PM
My sister told me about this forum. :) I like it alot.:)