PDA

View Full Version : Bye Baby

lizbud
03-01-2002, 07:50 PM
Written by an Animal Shelter volunteer in Massena, NY.

No more lonely cold nights or hearing that I'm bad
No more growling belly from the meals I never had.
No more scorching sunshine with a water bowl that's dry
No more complaining neighbors about the noise when I cry.
No mor hearing "shut up", "get down", or "get out of here"!
No more feeling disliked, only peace in the air.
Euthansia is a blessing, though some still can't see
why I was ever born, If I weren't meant to be.
My last day of living was the best I ever had,
Someone held me very close, I could see that she was sad.
I kissed the ladys face and she hugged me as she cried.
I wagged my tail to thank her, then I closed my eyes and died...

I found this poem at Showdog-Magazine.com

delidog
03-01-2002, 08:15 PM
well you really know how to make a girl weep!!!!! what a tear jerker....i am not unrealistic...i volunteer at a no-kill facility....so i do know their sad stories....but the reason i cannot work at a kill facility....is just this....i know that i am not strong enough for this....god bless all his four legged creatures.......the deli dog

lizbud
03-01-2002, 08:53 PM
Delidog,

That was not my intent . Rescue has many facits.
I agree with you, I could not do the job of a rescue person
or shelter person who has to deal with unwanted dogs...
I would absolutely lose it !!!

Maybe if someone can read this poem and know in their
mind that this shelter overcrowding problem can be fixed
by Spay/ Neutering , then it's worth reading. Although it
hurts our hearts to read the reality of surplus animals,
we need to hear it & somehow experience it from the
animal's point of view in order to 'grasp' the reality of
the over population problem of companion animals...

delidog
03-01-2002, 09:06 PM
lizbud....you are right....and i am the first to jump on the " get the awareness out there" bandwagon....but it doesn't mean that my heart does not brake when i am reminded of all the cruel acts we see and hear on a daily basis...2 weeks ago they found a cat roaming around west palm beach with her 2 front paws severd off....by use of a blunt knife....we all donated and got her the operation to fully amputate....now she has been rescued....i guess that i will never understand thecruelty of humans toward animals........but you are correct in what you say...we need people to spay and nueter....and not assist withunwanted and unloved animals.....

AdoreMyDogs
03-01-2002, 09:57 PM
Liz, I was terrified to read the post. Honestly, I said, "ohhhh nooooo" out loud when I read just the subject. I was so afraid it was your beloved Bud.

The poem was so touching. It was so sad. I can just see the poor creature wagging it's tail, thankful for touching, if not but for only just a moment before it is put to death.

I hope that poem circulated so widely that it enlightened some otherwise irresponsible pet owners to think twice before breeding their pets for profit, or for the novelty of having puppies or kittens.

Delidog, I can't even find the words to comment on the cat who had it's feet cut off. That is exactally why I don't think I want kids. What kind of world is this? It's terribly scary and I don't know how much longer I can take it. Something HAS to be done.

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-01-2002, 10:28 PM
That was terribly sad, but at least he was happy his last day. And he has finally found eternal happiness at the Rainbow Bridge. If I may put in my two cents........... If there is anyone out there reading that does not have a pet or is wanting to bless their home with another, ADOPT:) ! There is nothing wrong with wanting a certain breed or anything but ther is definatelly nothing wrong with giving a homeless animal a chance. And who knows the breed you want may be waiting to be rescued at a shelter near you. Could you imagine only knowing a cold bed and hateful people yelling at you all the time for one day someone warm and smiling comes and puts you in a car to take you home, and the rest of your days are warm and full of hugs. I don't know about anybody else, but to hear the wonderful stories of rescued animals makes my heart melt.
I wanted a kitten for Christmas and I told my husband I wanted him to rescue one from the pound, but I told him he had to rescue the most pitiful. Now I have a beautiful girl named Tinky:D :D ! She really is the love of my life. And for her to start off as a scraggely rescued kitty she sure is the best ever. Every time I look at her little face I can't believe someone left her at that place. AND I AM PROUD TO SAY I SPOIL HER ROTTEN !!!!!!
Ok sorry that was my eighty five cents but I have a big heart for little furrbabies and if I had the means every shelter would be empty, and I would be one busy mommy:) .

ps. spay and neuter spay and neuter spay and neuter spay and neuter

lizbud
03-01-2002, 10:34 PM
Leslie,

I'm so sorry that you worried. The title was given by
the shelter worker that wrote the poem.

Bud is on an increased dosage of pain meds, but is
holding his own. When Bud's time does come, I probably
will just be very quite about it in public. But I will surely let
you know what's going on with my baby boy.

Delidog,

The unbeliveable cruelity to that poor kitty is almost to much
to believe from so called "human' (humane) beings.
I Have To Believe, that awareness of the the reality of
this cruel & malicious bahavior by a small minority of sub-humans
will inspire other Real Human Beings to say , ENOUGH !!!
"Animal cruelty will not be allowed in a civilized society "
It will be treated as a serious offence legally in all states.
Not only for the animals involved, but for the spiritual health
of the human race.

Sudilar
03-01-2002, 11:11 PM
http://www.plaudersmilies.de/sad/bluecry.gif