PDA

View Full Version : I am going to see Alan Jackson!!

Pam
08-13-2005, 01:25 PM
I was just told by my son to call my daughter, (Christiansmommy) on the phone as I had missed a call from her. He stayed right next to me while I dialed which I thought was strange. Once I began talking he said "I have an announcement to make." They he told me he bought Alan Jackson tickets for September at the Tweeter Center for the three of us! I had mentioned a few weeks ago during dinner that Alan Jackson was coming to NJ and no one seemed to really have anything to say about it. Hubby is not a country music fan but my son does like it, as well as really all types of music.

Well he arranged this with Robyn and she wanted to hear my reaction so that is why I had to place this fake call to her. I can't tell you how excited and deeply moved I am by this. I just hugged him so tight he could hardly breathe. :D

Sarah Evans will also be performing and I hope she sings "Suds in the Bucket!" :D

I know there are several country music fans on this board. What do you think? Aren't I just the luckiest gal? ;)

Cookiebaker
08-13-2005, 01:44 PM
:eek: Pam, you ARE the luckiest gal!! That is awesome! :D I hope you have a great time.

I love Sarah Evans and have all of her CD's. I love AJ too, but don't have any of his. I'll be crossing my fingers that she will be playing the song you want to hear!!

Take lots of pictures!!! :D

RobiLee
08-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Woo Hoo! I think you are very lucky! I would love to see Alan Jackson and Sarah Evans. He is coming here also but I didn't catch the ticket sale in time and missed out. I had tickets to see him but then the cancer thing happened and I had to have my second surgery. The concert was a few days after my surgery and I just couldn't make it. I gave the tickets to my girlfriend and she said he was fabulous! I know you will have a great time and you have to make sure you let me know how it was.

P.S....You have two great and thoughtful kids!;)

RICHARD
08-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Cool,

He's one guy I have wanted to see for a while.....

MY favorite??

"Everything I love is killing me"

No truer words were ever sung..:rolleyes: :eek: :D

Suki Wingy
08-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Lucky! SheDaisy is comming to the state fair and I might see them. My dad met them before they were big.

Pam
08-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Cool,

"Everything I love is killing me"

No truer words were ever sung..:rolleyes: :eek: :D

Cigarettes, Jack Daniels and caffeine! ;)

Oh Richard I just can't wait! I have so many favorites but I think "Remember When" is probably the most beautiful song he has ever written and performed. ;)

chocolatepuppy
08-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Wow , you are lucky! Alan Jackson is great! I have just about all of his cds!

lizbud
08-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Congrats.:D Have a great time at the concert.

sirrahbed
08-13-2005, 05:25 PM
oh Pam - you will love it!!! What a sweet thing for the kids to arrange:D

Hubby and I were able to see him along with Joe Nichols and Martina McBride a couple years back. "Remember When" is also our favorite song!!

Have a wonderful time you lucky girl!!:D :D

dukedogsmom
08-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Does he still look good in those tight jeans? He is a cutie. I'm no country music fan but some of those singers are lookers.

wolflady
09-05-2005, 09:11 PM
That is so cool Pam! I'd just LOVE to see Alan Jackson in concert! I saw Sara Evans years ago when she was just starting out. I really enjoyed that concert, but I know the Alan Jackson concert will be kickin! *jealous* ;)

**hugs**

Pam
09-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by wolflady
That is so cool Pam! I'd just LOVE to see Alan Jackson in concert! I saw Sara Evans years ago when she was just starting out. I really enjoyed that concert, but I know the Alan Jackson concert will be kickin! *jealous* ;)

**hugs**

Karen I am soooo looking forward to this concert. It is this coming Saturday night! :)

Vermontcat
09-05-2005, 09:47 PM
Have a great time Pam! Make sure you take lots of photos for us.:)
On August 27th Alan Jackson played a concert right here in Vermont at the Champlain Valley Fair.
It was such a nice day that I spent the day with my family at a lakeside beach near Sallyanne's.
Now I wish that we had gone to the fair that night, we even stopped in that town on the drive back home.
Our local paper's review said that he's a hottie and he has a lot of female fans.;)

Lobodeb
09-05-2005, 10:31 PM
He puts on an awesome show! I saw him some years back. I don't regret that ticket purchase.

Please let us know all the details next Sunday!

CountryWolf07
09-05-2005, 10:33 PM
AWESOME! HAVE FUN! :)

I'm sure Sara will sing that song, it's pretty popular! It's a cute song!