PDA

View Full Version : handsome finn (2 pics)

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Hey, everyone. These two pictures were taken yesterday at the lake. I took a lot more, of Finn playing...I have to pick which ones I want to post, though. I don't have time now, I'm going to learn how to ride a bike. (I learned when I was nine, and, rode for two months, and, 20 years later, I'm going to try it again!) So, I'm outta here for the day. But, I liked these two and wanted to share them. He's getting to be so handsome. Oh, and, he met a friendly yellow lab today named Maddie. It was their first play together, so, I left the camera at home. Next time!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/kariann9181976/august122005001.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/kariann9181976/august122005002.jpg

cloverfdx
08-13-2005, 11:14 AM
Wow he sure has grown into a handsome boy. I love the photos, thanks for sharing them. Did/ is Finn going for a bike ride with you?

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Oh Finn, you are growing into SUCH a handsome man!!!!!:D Those are awesome pictures, I just love your face!! *kisses*!:D And your body build just seems perfect...wow, I'm sure your mom is VERY proud of you!!!!!:D;) Please give dear Finn a hug and kiss from me Kari!!;) And Blaze says hi!!

P.S. How old is Finn now??;)

luvofallhorses
08-13-2005, 11:26 AM
Hi, Finn! Nice to see you sweetie! :D

RobiLee
08-13-2005, 11:36 AM
I always think Finn is a gorgeous labbie boy! Great pics.

Jadapit
08-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Oh Kari, he is such a great looking dog. He is getting really big. Good luck with the bike riding. I love bike riding, i havent done it in a long time. Hmmmm maybe i will get the bike out.;)

GoldenLuv
08-13-2005, 11:49 AM
What a handsome pup

AllAmericanPUP
08-13-2005, 01:32 PM
he is indeed very handsome:D

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by cloverfdx
Did/ is Finn going for a bike ride with you?

Not yet...I need to get comfortable on the bike before I'll take him with me. And, I also need to feel like he won't pull me every which way, he's still very crazy when he sees other dogs or kids. We'd definitely have to practice a lot. ;)

Ginger's Mom
08-13-2005, 03:09 PM
He certainly is a very handsome boy. Looks like he knows it too. :) Good boy, Finn.

Tonielle
08-13-2005, 03:24 PM
:D He is so so gorgeous!!!

His colouring is just like my Alfie-pops... Ooooh - I hope he is half as handsome as Finn!

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Blaze Lover
P.S. How old is Finn now??;)

He'll be two on Christmas Eve! :) His birthday ticker is in my signature. He's about 20 months old.

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks everyone for the sweet compliments! Bike riding was so much fun. I didn't fall once! :) I'm a cautious learner, though, too...we're probably going to Folly Beach tomorrow to ride in the sand. Maybe kayak, too. My friend says if you go in this one area, dolphins get really close to you! That would be awesome!

Tonielle
08-13-2005, 03:33 PM
Hey Finn's mum,

What breed(s) are in Finn?

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Tonielle
Hey Finn's mum,

What breed(s) are in Finn?

He's a labrador retriever. He's text book, through and through. ;) What makes you ask that? People ask all the time if he has golden retriever in him because of his color, but, it's just a dark shade of yellow. Just like white labs are just light yellow, but, they're not a mix. I'm not irritated, I'm just curious. I've never seen anything but lab in him, even though he looks nothing like the labs you see in shows. Which is a good thing, in my opinion. ;)

conan02
08-13-2005, 03:52 PM
very cute! my german shepherd just passed away aug10th
he was not even 3! he died from epilepsy

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by My_german_sheperd_is_in_heaven
very cute! my german shepherd just passed away aug10th
he was not even 3! he died from epilepsy

I'm sorry to hear that...you can put a tribute to him in the dog memorial section, if you wanted to do that.

beeniesmom
08-13-2005, 03:57 PM
As always, it is a great pleasure to see pics of you sweet lil man!
He's so handsome!

Tonielle
08-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi there

I'm glad you're not irritated... Firstly, as you say, breed colours and builds vary.
Ireland's labs (working and show) differ greatly from eachother and Golden Retrievers are TOTALLY DIFFERENT from home (Canada) to here.

I only asked if he was a possible mix because my Alfie looks a heckuva lot like Finn but his mother is a pb German Shepherd!!

Forgive me for posting pics on Finn's thread, but the colouring is so similar!
I'm assuming Alf's Daddy must have been a lab... (he was a one night stand)
*edited to add:

These photos are two weeks old and his colour has changed a bit (as has his shape and size!) but he's so similar to Finn now it's crazy!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Horizons/alfiesittinghandsome.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y10/Horizons/maybeinthehouse.jpg

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 04:06 PM

I only asked if he was a possible mix because my Alfie looks a heckuva lot like Finn but his mother is a pb German Shepherd!!

Forgive me for posting pics on Finn's thread, but the colouring is so similar!

These photos are two weeks old and his colour has changed a bit (as has his shape and size!) but he's so similar to Finn now it's crazy!

Yeah, depending on how the question is asked, my reaction goes from being cool with it to being insulted. You asked in such a manner that I wasn't offended in the slightest. Finn's build is more like what you'd see running in a field, like a hunting dog. He's very rangy looking. It's so funny, though, the different things people say. Some people say he looks like the perfect lab (poster boy for labs), and, others say he doesn't look at all like a lab. It's just weird. ;)

I think you can really see the german shepherd in Alfie's face. He's beautiful! Their coloring is very close! Finn's littermates were black and almost white. He was the only one that got the redder color. That's why I chose him! :) And, don't worry about posting his pics, I want to see them!

Tonielle
08-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Oh when you said he was pb lab I just assumed he was a Field trial lab... or 'working strain'

Once you said it I could see it immediately!

Show labs are very different, but they're also not as handsome and striking (in my opinion!)

Toni

finn's mom
08-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Show labs are very different, but they're also not as handsome and striking (in my opinion!)

Toni

I agree. I think show dogs are amazing animals, but, there aren't many breeds that if given a choice, I'd pick them over the working dogs of the same breeds. Like border collies and huskies, two that come immediately to mind. I like the leaner, less furry types. But, all of them are beautiful. Just for different reasons!

Tonielle
08-13-2005, 04:28 PM
I like the leaner, less furry types. But, all of them are beautiful. Just for different reasons!

Yes, I agree :)

Daisy and Delilah
08-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Finn, you're looking as handsome as ever Big Man. Gosh, you're a good looking boy. Please have Mom give you some extra kisses for us. Kari; so glad you had a good bike ride. When I got my new bike a few years ago, I got on the bike, drove down the driveway, went into the road and fell right in the middle of the street. Road rash is no fun. I looked so stupid out there. I was even laughing when I got up. I hadn't been on a bike in 20 years either. Being cautious is a good idea. Have fun!

Terry