PDA

View Full Version : Healing/Erasing Scars??

NoahsMommy
08-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Typical girl...I'm already worried about my surgical scar. ;)

I'm going to try this:
http://www.neosporin.com/images/prod_scar.jpg
as soon as my bandages come off. It looks really good.

Has anyone tried this? Did it work?

Anyone tried any of the other brands/creams?

buckner
08-13-2005, 01:21 AM
I had plastic surgery on my nose to remove a tumour a few years back. The doctor recommended me using Vitamin E oil - keeping it on there as often as possible (even in public if I was comfortable with it) would help it heal better. Because yours isn't on your nose, it may be a bit different of a situation. But, I must say, it worked great! Unless I'm hunting for it, I don't notice it at all!

grybai
08-13-2005, 02:24 AM
No idea. A plastic surgeon recommended mederma for my finger when I cut it and needed stitches but it was a relatively small cut in a place I didn't care about and I didn't bother...

binka_nugget
08-13-2005, 03:11 AM
Vitamin E is supposed to be good for healing scars. My brother rubs olive oil on his face and his acne scars have cleared up. They've been recommended to me for healing piercing scars too.

gemini9961
08-13-2005, 03:51 AM
I have heard that Mederma works well too, however I have not personally tried it.

NoahsMommy
08-13-2005, 04:16 AM
I've seen the Mederma too.

Hmmm.....I want the scar to be as light as possible....I'm just a *tiny* bit vain. ;)

I've heard vitamin E works very well too. I saw a commercial for this:
http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/92679/200.jpg

Anyone try that one?

I like the idea of the patch thing, that way it wont get on my clothes and its always on.

Muddy4paws
08-13-2005, 05:11 AM
Vitamin E cream or oil works well, they worked on my burn scars

Zany_girlie
08-13-2005, 10:14 AM
My mom ha surgery on her leg a few years ago and her doctor told her to put Vitamin E oil on it. It worked really well you cant even tel that she had a scar unless you already knew it was there so i definetly reccomend that!!:)