PDA

View Full Version : Can your pet tell when your sick or something is not right?

Ila
03-01-2002, 06:13 PM
I have to tell you I think I have the most loving cat. Her behavior lately has been so overwhelming. I had foot surgery three weeks ago and I have not been able to do much of anything. My husband has been wonderful. Misty my most precious furry baby has too. She will not leave my sight. She has been cuddling near me so much. What you need to know she normally is very independent and only wants loved on her terms. She seems to know I need all the T.L.C. I can get. She seems to know that something is not right with me and she needs to be near. I am just hoping when I get back to normal she is still this loving cat. Does your pets seem to know when something is wrong? I am loving all the attention my Misty and hubby is giving me. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
03-01-2002, 06:46 PM
My cats always know when something is up with me. On days my arthritis is so bad I can hardly get out of bed they check on me often, ready to curl up and cuddle if I need extra attention. If I could only teach them to bring me breakfast in bed! :)

wolflady
03-01-2002, 10:59 PM
{{{Ila}}} Foot surgery!! I sure hope you heal fast!! I really do think animals can sense when there's something not right with us. I've noticed this with my Marius. If I'm not feeling well or if I'm feeling down, he's all nicey nice and really cuddly. I think animals know when we need them the most. :)

Pam
03-03-2002, 06:54 AM
I remember one Easter Sunday many years ago I was sick. There was a big family get-together planned and there was just no way I felt good enough to go. I told everyone to just go without me rather than miss it. That entire day I laid in bed (drinking liquids, taking Tylenol, you know the whole routine). My dog, Ashley, (RB)never left the bed. She was permanently parked right beside me for hours on end. I wasn't alone on Easter after all. I had my best friend with me (and she wasn't even worried about catching my germs! :D )

purrley
03-04-2002, 06:41 AM
My furkids definately know when somethings up with me. Especially Spence, he sticks by me like glue and lately with all the stress I've been experiencing he's been a real joy to have. Panda has also been especially sweet. Braydee's still a kitten and prefers to play and Frisco (well he's another story) doesn't care about anyone but himself. But I do believe our furkids have an inner perception on how we feel and react to it in different ways. There's do doubt they love us as much as we love them!!!!

Former User
03-04-2002, 06:44 AM
Yeah, my Casper-boy knows if I'm not okay. I usually go and lay down on the bed, and within few minutes, he's there too, and he lays down really close to me and sticks his head close to my head, and starts purring very loud. This already helps me, so wonderful that my furkid can show his feelings like this! :) :cool:

Heather Wallace
03-10-2002, 05:26 PM
Yes sometimes when I used t have a little cry my cat Max used to sometimes come up onto the arm of the chair and sniff my tears, sometimes even licking one. Isn't that sweet!!

lynnestankard
03-11-2002, 05:09 AM
Chuck - Wow!

Ila - all the cats we have had have shown this trait - some greater than others but all to some degree.
Our Siamese Kisi (RB) 'sensed' whenever anyone was feeling poorly and simply went to bed with them!:) Sweet memories.

Lynne

AvaJoy
03-18-2002, 08:48 PM
Cats seem to sense when we aren't feeling up to par . . . when my husband was struggling through the misery of chemotherapy treatments, Lily was always beside him up close in bed, day after day, night after night . . . she was a tremendous comfort to him and a wonderful nurse. Before we would leave for each treatment I always reminded her to please say her kitty prayers for Daddy . . . she is truly an angel. :)

C.C.'s Mom
03-19-2002, 06:48 AM
My RB cat Pishi was very special. I had an operation at the beginning of 2000 and when I got back from the hospital and my husband installed me on the sofa, she climbed up and sat down on my lap, placing a paw on my chin and left it there. Just to say: it's alright, I'm there for you.

Same if I ever had to sneeze of when I was sad.

Rudie isn't very sensitive but Eddy is. She knows when there's something going on like me being sad or being sick. She's always there, not leaving, not going outside.

Ila
03-19-2002, 06:36 PM
Thank you for all of your responses Misty is still not leaving my site. She is getting use to the crutches I am using and she is under foot I really have to be careful. But I am enjoying my quality time with her. When working I never get this much time with her. If I leave the room and she has no idea where I am she crys in her way. It is pitiful. When I say I am in here she comes to me and then she is fine. She is going to hate when I go back to work. :)
http://cards.webshots.com/cp-20153385-LZZoalbum/26887090AFWyJWoHQi

Tom Horn
03-20-2002, 12:09 PM
My cat Ingrid has never been much of a lap sitter--generally just if we're on a long trip in the car, and I think she figures that is the safest place.

But the older she gets (she'll be 15 in October), it seems the more protective she is of me (very jealous if another female of any species comes to visit), and more affectionate. If I'm down or tired she's real good about sticking with me--like on the end cushion of the sofa inside the crook of my arm, loking back over her shoulder at me, as if to say "You doing okay? Anything we need to talk about? You all right?" And if I lie down on my back to watch tv, she'll often roost on my chest to keep tabs on me.