PDA

View Full Version : Volunteering at 2 spay & neuter clinics this weekend! :D

luvofallhorses
08-12-2005, 09:02 PM
This might be a pointless thread to some of you but this happens once a year, it's a spay & neuter clinic for cats & dogs and is free from what I know.

I had to sign up for what I wanted to do tomorrow and Sunday at the spay and neuter clinics, I am doing dog recovery both days, there will be many volunteers needed there-Dogs will be laid on blankets on the floor for recovery. Here their whole body can be observed. Critical point: get dogs breathing on their own. There must be a supervisor at all times who knows the entire routine.

I do know the whole routine since I did 3 last year :) I love it and it's soooo rewarding :) I am doing the 2nd shift and 3rd shift both days :) 12-4(2nd shift) & 4-closing(8 or later) It's such a great expierience and something I REALLY enjoy doing! :D

chocolatepuppy
08-12-2005, 09:04 PM
That's great Krista! You should be very proud of yourself for helping out! :D

Ginger's Mom
08-12-2005, 09:47 PM
That is great. :) The dogs are lucky to have you and people like you watching out for them. Good for you Krista, this really is a nice thing to do.

NoahsMommy
08-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Krista....you're such a sweetie!!

I know all these dogs are going to benefit A TON from your love and care.

Have fun! :)

Corinna
08-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey Krista, Is the Flathead spay neurter task force helping out? We do our own in our own clinic but we help out across the state.

luvofallhorses
08-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
Hey Krista, Is the Flathead spay neurter task force helping out? We do our own in our own clinic but we help out across the state.

Thanks Kelly! :o and everyone else!

I think they are! :) I'll let you know for sure when I know, Corinna!

cloverfdx
08-13-2005, 10:44 AM
That is very sweet of you Krista, i am sure you will do a great job and for such a wonderful cause aswell.

Well done.

RobiLee
08-13-2005, 11:50 AM
That is great, Krista! I'm so glad that you will be there to help the pups and kitties. Its a wonderful thing that you are doing.

Hugs for you!

luvofallhorses
08-13-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm back! I had a good time, I saw 2 male rotties today and a GORGEOUS brindle coloured pit bull. There was this sheltie named mop head I helped recover, ugh the name pissed me off, there were 2 boys that thought it was cool! and then I was helping a lady wake up a dog named Mary Jane and someone said I was patting too rough and then there was this girl that said when this girl dog got up, "I don't think that they want her on the carpet since she might bleed" UGH!! :mad: That's why there is cleaning solution! and then someone brought in a pregnant dog and her unborn puppies were taken out and thrown away *cries* and then there was a lab mix named Dart and he got in at 11:32 and didn't leave until I went home(6:30) it pissed me off and he was skinny, too! and there was a 5 month old yellow lab named Shiloh, omg he was sweet and a 9 year old aussie with icy blue eyes..ok I'll stop yapping now ;) all in all a good day :)

also I wore the angus paws for equality t-shirt and a lot of people loved it :)

chocolatepuppy
08-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Krista, it sounds like there was a bit of heartache mixed in with all of the good you all did today. {hugs}

Daisy and Delilah
08-13-2005, 09:38 PM
That was such a valuable learning experience and a great thing you did. Not just anybody could have done that. You're very brave and we are so impressed. That is so cool. Do you think you might want to be a vet someday? Keep up the great work!:)

Terry, Daisy and Delilah

luvofallhorses
08-13-2005, 10:03 PM
Terry,

I want to be a vetinary technichian :)

petslover
08-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Hey Krista. That is a good thing that you do. You are a great person that is always willing to help out in need. You should be proud of yourself. Sounds like you had a nice time there.

Daisy and Delilah
08-14-2005, 08:12 AM
That's excellent Krista. Good for you. You sound like the perfect candidate for this type of work. We need more people like you in this world.

Terry:)

vinjashira
08-14-2005, 12:19 PM
well done Krista! :)

luvofallhorses
08-14-2005, 05:40 PM
Today went pretty well. :) I met a plott hound from Pintler Pets named Tigger, he was sweet as pie! :) I didn't get the chance to take his picture, but here is the one listed on petfinder:

Here is his pic before they had him altered..
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/MT33/MT33.4482932-1-pn.jpg

I got the chance to meet a rottie mix named Rocky! He was sweet :) He is also from Pintler Pets. It was a pretty good day :) I even woke up a kitten named Chewey what a sweetie he was! :D

I will post pics later :)

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-15-2005, 01:15 PM
That's awesome Krista! I've done a spay-and-neuter clinic for dogs and cats before, and it was soooo much fun and rewarding too! I learned so much as well, and even saw some of the surgeries which were very interesting!:)