PDA

View Full Version : Dog show

slleipnir
08-12-2005, 06:12 PM
I know it's lame, but I'm so excited.

Every summer this time of the year we have a little exhibition called "Old Home Week". They set up rides, games and all that. They set it up at the horse track, so they have a gold cup race every year too (harness racing)

There is also an area where they have all sorts of animal activities. They have "show cows" or whatever you'd call them? Horses, sheep, ducks, chickens...etc etc...all sorts of animals in sort of a "petting zoo" type thing. I think the cows and some other animals are there for showing purposes, but I duno.

We have an arena area too. It's a rink in the winter, and just a dirt rink in the summer....so they have lots of activities there like horse shows, show jumping, flat work and dog shows. Turns out my flyball team is who does the dog shows. They're going to have their dogs doing frisbee, dirty flyball (whatever that is???), agility and more. They're even gonna pick little kids out of the crowd to come and do stuff with the dogs. It sounds SO fun...

Anyway, I'm going to be helping out with releasing the dogs (they're doing intros and the owner runs out to run a course or something and I release them...but I have to do it in a certain order in a certain time...so I'm gonna be confused I'm sure..hopefully I don't mess up o_O And also I'm going to help with moving equipment.

I know it sounds SO lame, but every year I go and watch these dog shows or horse shows (mostly horse shows) and I'm so jealous of the people who get to help out. I have no idea WHY,but it seems like their jobs are important and they are needed. I always thought it would be fun...and I get to do it htis year. And I get free parking right up beside the building LOL it's so hard ot get parking around there :o plus you gotta pay 2-3 bucks to park on peoples yards...5 or more if it's really close.

I'm such a tard. I'll bring my camera, but who knows if I'll get a chance to take any...

luvofallhorses
08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
You're NOT a tard! I've never been to a dog show, well I showed Jenny and my Aunt Paula's dog in 4-h but I've never been to a *real* one! Can't wait to see pics! :) Sounds like you'll have a great time!

Zany_girlie
08-12-2005, 08:00 PM
Why would you think that is lame i mean this is pet talk what pet talker would not love to do that i know i would!!!!Well im sure youll have a great time!!!!:)