PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT English Mastiff for SALE!

BrittanyLexie
08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
ATTENTION..lol..
My grandarents have their (very lovable) English Mastiff for sale. She is a female, fawn coloring with a black face. 15 months, AKC registered, house and crate trained. Over 100 pounds. She has her papers and she's $1,000.Now its time to tell you her personality. Don't be discouraged by her size, she is a VERY lovable dog, very submissive. She's trained and knows alot of commands, sit, stay, get in your kennel. (she will get in voluntarily) And she's very sweet. It's probably best not to keep her in a kennel for too long of a time because she will get hyper, but if shes out most of the day she is very calm and layed back. Her name is Haley.But my grandpa now is on oxygen and they can't handle her size. :( If your interested please email me at [email protected] ASAP.. and she will be a loving addition to your family you won't regret!!;) :D
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/RysThaShizFoRiz/haley6.jpg

BrittanyLexie
08-12-2005, 06:11 PM
nobody wants her??:(

Jadapit
08-12-2005, 06:15 PM
Im sure a lot of people would love her but I for one dont have a grand to spend.:( I hope she finds a good home. I'm sorry your grandpa has to give her up.

luvofallhorses
08-12-2005, 06:22 PM
:( I hope she finds a good home!

Suki Wingy
08-12-2005, 06:43 PM
I hope she finds a good home, I bet she would if you lowered the price. Sorry you have to rehome her. I would take her but my mom won't even let me have a betta. She says my three are borderline too many.:(

molucass
08-12-2005, 06:59 PM
It also might help if you tell everyone where this pretty girl is located.

MastiffCrazy10
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
My sister may want her, she has 3 English Mastiffs.

BrittanyLexie
08-12-2005, 07:05 PM
she's in Texas.. and its not me that wants that price its my grandparents. And i think they want because of everything they've put into her... like the papers..classes..food.. kennel.. stuff like that..

AllAmericanPUP
08-12-2005, 09:38 PM
I hope she is spayed or spayed before she leaves their home.

an AKC unspayed dog is just askin to be a breeding machine:(

PLEASE insist they have her spayed if she isnt already.

a good FOREVER home should be more important to them then the money they spent... JMO

and insist that they check out the person(s) who wants her

BrittanyLexie
08-12-2005, 09:46 PM
yeah shes spayed, and they love her.. its not just the money their looking for

Giselle
08-12-2005, 09:53 PM
If she was from a good breeder, the original breeder should take this dog back hands down. That's my first suggestion.

Uabassoon
08-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Giselle
If she was from a good breeder, the original breeder should take this dog back hands down. That's my first suggestion.

That was my first thought, however then they wouldn't get their $1,000 :rolleyes:

Your grandparents should also look at their contract. Good breeders usually require that the dog be returned to them if they can no longer keep them. If they signed a contract with this agreement then they need to give her back to the breeder instead of trying to sell her.

DogLover9501
08-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Uabassoon
Your grandparents should also look at their contract. Good breeders usually require that the dog be returned to them if they can no longer keep them. If they signed a contract with this agreement then they need to give her back to the breeder instead of trying to sell her.

I was going to say this also.

NoahsMommy
08-13-2005, 12:05 AM
Checking with her breeder is a really good idea.

I don't think they're going to get $1000 for an adult dog though...

Hope she finds a home soon. She looks really sweet. :)

CathyBogart
08-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Lovely pup, but not appropriate for my one bedroom apartment. :)

Karen
08-13-2005, 12:32 PM
She looks so sweet, but is so far away. On one hand, I know that your grandparents may be on a fixed income, and need the money, epecialy with your grandfather having health trouble. On the other hand I know that $1,000 is a lot of money for many people who would loooooove this sweetie. On the other other hand, she needs to go to someone who will have enough money for food and vet care. But on the other other other hand, if someone gives their $1,000 for her, that will be $1,000 less they can spend on caring for her.

Oh, so hard a situation.

Do you know if they would take less money if she went to a good home? Is it at all negotiable?

BrittanyLexie
08-13-2005, 02:28 PM
yeah i talked to them and they said their really flexible on the price.. they want her to go to a good home.. shes a sweet heart

Giselle
08-13-2005, 03:53 PM
I agree with Karen. Though you should always charge a dog for various reasons, that hefty $1,000 pricetag is going to turn away A LOT of prospective owners. Is there anyway they can lower the price to around 250$ (the average adoption fee) to $500?

Also, did you ask your grandparents if they signed a contract when they bought the dog?

BrittanyLexie
08-13-2005, 04:58 PM
well its kinda complicated.. haley is actually my cousin's dog.. he bought her and got the papers.. well he went to college and is now in an appartment that can't have large dogs. Well Josh (my cousin) had a Mastiff before Haley and he was about to give up haley too.. so my grandparents thought that was rediculous because haley was already so part of the family.. and my aunt had helped payed for haley and the previous mastiff (gemini) WELL.. they took Haley in as their own and now with my grandpa's problems they now have to give her up. But im assuming since Josh didnt take Haley back to the breeder he didnt sign any contracts. Ill talk to them about lowering the price.. but i dont actually think its their choice.. Josh is getting the money and i also think he's making the prices.. and he's 24..there's no use even trying to convince him to lower.

Karen
08-13-2005, 05:10 PM
So who does she legally belong to?

Your grandparents or your cousin?

Does your cousin even know you are posting about her?

I really doubt he's going to get $1,000 for a spayed 15-month-old dog, regardless of what he "wants." And if the money is going to him, I have less sympathy than if it were going to your grandparents, who might need the money because of health problems.

BrittanyLexie
08-13-2005, 05:17 PM
their splitting it.. and im not sure.. i think he handed the papers over to my grandparents.. so i really dont see why he is getting money.. well he bought her

Vette
08-13-2005, 07:09 PM
You should add her to http://www.dogster.com or http://www.pethop.com to get her seen more. :D

i know of quite a few dogs that got adopted through Dogster.

this Pom girl is one of them.
http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=131824&j=t

ive been visiting her page everday because i wanted to adopt her sooooo bad.. but my parents said 'no way' :rolleyes: and looks like she just got adopted today. im happy for her. :D

but the info has changed though. before the person had something like "Have one too many animals and unable to take care of Teekoo" instead of the college thingy.

now its a completely different story. :confused:

cyber-sibes
08-13-2005, 07:37 PM
She does sound like a sweetheart, and she's very pretty, too. Personally I don't think the $1000 is that far off the mark...I know that many purebred breeds go for nearly that, plus she's been spayed and has all her shots. But I think that $1000 is a big chunk of change for most of us.
I suggest you look for internet sites for English Mastiffs to list her with - I know the Siberian sites usually have a "purebred dogs for sale" thread. Hard situation, I hope for her sake it has a happy ending, keep us informed? I hope your Grandfather gets to feeling better, too.

BrittanyLexie
08-13-2005, 07:55 PM
thanks ill try that!and i think he will.. he seems like the same old guy.. except he has to carry the oxygen with him everywhere..they say he'll have to be on it for the rest of his life :(

king2005
08-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Have ur grandparents thought of training the dog to help ur grandpa out?
like pick things up off the floor? open the fridge? be a table to help ur grandpa to get out of the chair?

If ur grandparents put a bit of time into her, I've heard they r very smart animals & they just might bennifet from her if trained.

Just an idea, incase they want to keep her.

buttercup132
08-14-2005, 09:12 AM
that dose sound good i train asnd currently am training my dogs for that just for the fun of it though cuz ilove training dogs and my dog is such a fast learner