PDA

View Full Version : gas prices & taking the bus to work

joycenalex
08-12-2005, 04:53 PM
i'm going to start taking the bus to work because of gas prices. i downloaded the schedule and will be starting it monday. the one way fare is $1.85, even at $3.70 a day, it'll be cheaper then the fill up cost, and i'll be getting fresh air as i do the 1/2 mile walk.
anyone else changing their travel plans b/c gas prices?

catnapper
08-12-2005, 05:30 PM
No, but I quit a job I LOVED because of gas and tolls. I was spending $6 a day just in turnpike tolls and $8 a day in gas. I wasn't making a fortune, so I left for an other job half a mile from my house and a small pay cut. Even that was worth it because now there was no gas, tolls, and wear & tear on my car (oil changes, new tires, etc.)

Uabassoon
08-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I've thought about riding a bike to work, but I'm too lazy. However I don't waste too much gas because work is less than a mile away.

Laura's Babies
08-12-2005, 09:49 PM
If I lived in a big city, I would sell my car and just walk or take the bus everywhere.

Since Eddies accident in May, I have walked off almost 20 pounds (while eating like a HOG) around that hospital. Walking is GREAT!

carole
08-13-2005, 05:39 AM
Yep it has gone up here as well now $1.45 a litre, no-one seems to have stopped driving their cars or car pooling that i am aware of yet.