PDA

View Full Version : What size bed do you own?

katienoonan
08-12-2005, 04:32 PM
Well today I have a queen size with no frame or anything but on tuesday I am getting a beautiful King size pillowtop sleigh bed. We are in need of a new one our springs are poking through. :eek: My husband is coming home from Iraq on leave in a few weeks and he deserves a nice bed to sleep in.

Laura's Babies
08-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I had a pillow top single size and it wasn't big enough for one grown woman and 4 full grown cats so I got a double size.. Now they don't get on it like they did the twin... CATS!! Go figure!:D

joycenalex
08-12-2005, 04:44 PM
actually both of the cats deserve a nice bed, you gotta get their permission first ya know:p :p . and please make sure your husband knows we're greatful for his service.
i've got a queensize pillow top. alex the wonder dog gets the lower left corner(as i'm laying on it)

joanofark
08-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Twin! Just enough room for Hobo and me:p

luvofallhorses
08-12-2005, 04:48 PM
A queen waterbed, Tiger sleeps with me and Miagi. My parents have a bigger bed(I think) so the dogs sleep there! :p

new mom to a veiled
08-12-2005, 04:48 PM
We upgraded to a king. We have two non-fur kids and a 80 lbs boxer. I would wake up with everybody in our bed from time to time. We try to limit it to one guest per night (usually the dog)

jennifert9
08-12-2005, 04:51 PM
We have a queen size in the master bedroom and a full in the guest bedroom. The full mattress is actually MUCH nicer than the queen. I would prefer to sleep on that one with with myself, Collin and Duncan, we barely fit as it is!! One of usually has to go...and it's not usually me or Duncan!!;)
Actually Collin works nights so we are never in the bed at that same time anymore....which is good and bad. The mattress is old and sags so I end up in the hollow all the time having rolled there after falling asleep balancing myself on the edge!!! :D LOL! Or in the middle, lying flat on my back, unable to move since Collin is on one side of me and Duncan is sprawled on the other!! (He will only sleep next to me, which I love but it does make for difficult sleeping!;)

NoahsMommy
08-12-2005, 04:52 PM
I have a queen sized bed....just enough room for me and my five sweetie pies. :)

Your new bed sounds wonderful!! Its always fun to get new furnature.

CalliesMom
08-12-2005, 05:17 PM
We just bought a new queen size pillow top with a sleigh bed frame when we moved into our apartment here. I LOVE it but would have gotten a king if our master bedroom wasn't so small.

catnapper
08-12-2005, 05:26 PM
We recently got a King. How did I ever live before we got it? Sure, we had to remove several other pieces of furniture to make it fit, but boy was the sacrific worth it! I LOVE my new bed!

I know you'll enjoy yours. What a thoughtful and wonderful gift for you to get for hubby. I bet he'll appreciate it to no end!

Zany_girlie
08-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Just a twin sized, just enough room for my and my libby dog!:)

slleipnir
08-12-2005, 05:33 PM
I have a queen. I guess it's a pillow top? I duno, it's got a big top though. I also have a twin bed...meaning ot get rid of it though (both in my room....)

katienoonan
08-12-2005, 05:39 PM
This is what I am getting

mattress
http://www.mattress.com/itemdtl.php?itemid=1879&catid=4&defopt_size=K

and the frame
http://www.artvan.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=200018717&langId=-1&categoryId=20000&parent_category_rn=20000

And that isn't the price don't worry its a little cheaper:D

We are going to have to move things around and remove a couple items but I'm sure it will be totally worth it.

DJFyrewolf36
08-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Ive got a Twin bed...after me and the hubby slept on a couch for a while (together!) a twin is positively spacious...unless Spook takes over!

gkristian
08-12-2005, 05:45 PM
twin....heaps of room for me and Foxy

sirrahbed
08-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Your new bad and mattress will be wonderful Katie!!

We also have a kingsized and I love it - though sometimes crowded with the five cats in with us. I think the pillow top will be heavenly and sort of wish we had one but the cost got the better of me when we purchased our new bed set. (springs were poking us too!)

A double bed - supposedly for two people is twice the width of a baby crib so that is how much eack person has if it is used as a double:eek:

Edwina's Secretary
08-12-2005, 06:08 PM
We have gone from the double bed I had when we married to a queen to a king.....(in seven years!).....Does that mean the romance is over or we just value a good night's sleep more?

:D ;) :D

*LabLoverKEB*
08-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Twin.

Logan
08-12-2005, 06:41 PM
I've got to tell you that if my hubby had been away to Iraq, I would be concerned for his comfort too, but I'm not sure that I would choose a king sized bed! LOL!!!! I would want to be too close and we'd end up wasting all that space! :p

Actually, we have a queen sized bed and it is perfect! :)

lbaker
08-12-2005, 06:50 PM
I have just a standard old double which would be fine for just me now, but by the time the several dogs and several cats "sneak" their way up at night and crowd me, it might as well be a cot! :rolleyes: Heavenly thanks for your hubby coming home :cool:

neko1
08-12-2005, 07:21 PM
Hubby and I have a queen...we'd love to get a king, but our bedroom is too small.

Almita
08-12-2005, 07:54 PM
I own a queen size bed.

gemini9961
08-12-2005, 09:06 PM
We have a queen but I would love a king size but it would not fit in the room. The queen is big enough for me and him and both of the girls. I just like to spawl out so I end up only leaving him a little sliver of bed to sleep on. :o

dogzr#1
08-12-2005, 09:27 PM
I have a twin size bed, just enough room for me and Astra. Molly takes up tooo much room since she always sleeps on her back.

buckner
08-12-2005, 09:37 PM
When I was little (up until I was in 5th grade) I had a double bed, along with the standard furniture to match. It was the furniture my grandparents had when they got married, and they passed it down to my mom, and she passed it down to me. After 5th grade, it was starting to fall apart and the mattress was getting old.

I downsized to a twin bed but with LOTS more furniture. It's amazing how much room beds really do take up. And with the rat cage on my floor taking up wall space (it doesn't anymore, sadly :() I would not have ANY room for a bigger bed. My bed is perfect, it's so comfy. But it's not big enough for Daisy... she is SUCH a bed hog. If she sleeps with me, I'm stuck in the little spot of "nothing" (pillows pile up in the space, but that's it) between the bed and the wall.

So, a twin bed for me. :)

kittycats_delight
08-12-2005, 10:03 PM
Hubby and I have a king. He moves around so much we need that much room otherwise I would be black and blue. LOL

Buddy Blaze Lover
08-13-2005, 11:08 AM
I have a twin!:)

slick
08-13-2005, 11:32 AM
I have a queen size...well, actually it's a bit bigger. My waterbed frame will fit a queen size waterbed which is 5 ft wide by 7 ft long. A regular coil mattress is 5 ft by 6 ft so I had to have mine specially made with an extra foot in length. Plenty of room for me and two kitties.

Cataholic
08-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Queen, four poster. I have just decided I want to downsize my frame, though. I am thinking of getting just a standard headboard, no footboard. Right now, Jonah couldn't get into my bed unless he had a spring board. So, something much lower to the ground is next.

manda_moo87
08-13-2005, 08:54 PM
A Double, half of its mine and the other half is Squeek's. :)

rizzy
08-13-2005, 09:11 PM
I have a full size bed. But because I love big beds when I get a new one I want a queen.:D

petslover
08-13-2005, 09:58 PM
I have had the same bed all of my life lol.. I have a full size bed, but when I move out I want to get a Queen Size.

Tollers-n-Dobes
08-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I have a double/full whatever you want to call it. lol I had a twin up until a month ago when I decided I was sick of Tango taking up the entire bed. Atleast with this one a get a little more space, even though she still takes up more than half of the bed....

grybai
08-13-2005, 10:37 PM
I have a queen which seems a nice size for me. It doesn't feel too empty when sleeping alone (well with the kitties cuddling on either side...), but is still plenty spacious when shared. I think my room would be a little cramped for a king. Maybe one day after Laura moves in and we get a bigger place.

Then again, Laura would probably prefer a twin as she likes to cuddle at night. :rolleyes: I, on the other hand, like my space...

cali
08-14-2005, 01:21 AM
a queen, which is not comming with us when we move lol my mom said when we move the beds go byby and we get all new ones, I can YAY! I have never had a new bed, I always get the hand me downs, my bed now used to my parents bed, my old bed used to be my brothers bed, and my bed before that was a very old futon that had a nail sticking out the end, but it lifted up and had a large storage area inside.

PJ's Mom
08-14-2005, 01:56 AM
All my kids have a twin and I have a king. :)

ChrisH
08-14-2005, 04:32 AM
I have a threequarter size bed (bigger than a single, smaller than a double). Plenty of room for me. :D