PDA

View Full Version : Meet Skeletor!

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-12-2005, 10:01 AM
This is skeletor:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/FuzzyBunnyChainsaw/serak2.jpg

He's a 2 month old domestic grey tabby that I found 3 days ago and passed away 2 days ago. I suppose this should have been in the memorial section but I don't want to mourn him, I just want to share him with the world.

He was painfully emaciated and weak when I found him, but the vet had me fully convinced that I could nurse him back to health. All he diagnosed was the beginning of feline upper respiratory tract infection. Unfortunately, we were taking a nap the next day and when I woke up, he was on his side and gasping. 15 minutes later, another vet was trying to resuscitate him and all the medication I had given him the previous day spilled out from his *lungs*.
I find it very disturbing that my vet chatted away on his cell phone and did not even bother putting a stethoscope to my kitten's lungs to check him even though he was so obviously ill. Would it be so hard to detect pneumonia in my kitten if it was serious enough to kill him only 28 hours later?

Anyhow, skeletor was a beautiful, extremely loving cat. Purring was like a competitive sport to him. The more I pet him, the louder he had to purr... it was the principle of the thing for him. As weak as he was, nothing comforted him more than the warmth of a body and he would snuggle up to me at every given opportunity, his nose on my skin, with laboured breathing.

It's just sad that India is so callous that this poor kitten was roaming the streets before I found him which was only 32 hours before he was to die. And the vet probably assumed that I would not want to spend much on a total stray so he did not bother to check what the REAL problem was.

I want to share his beautiful eyes with the rest of the world, because he was not appreciated enough in the place he was born.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/FuzzyBunnyChainsaw/serak1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/FuzzyBunnyChainsaw/serak3.jpg

My poor, tired kitten.

Karen
08-12-2005, 10:04 AM
Rest in peace, lovely Skeletor. At least in his last hours he knew love and care.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Rest in peace sweet Skeletor!

Bless you for helping him too!

Laura's Babies
08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
OH MY GOD! I don't blame you for wanting to share his little life with the world, what a sad thing... a kitten left to starve and you were the only one that would help! At leats he KNEW he was loved, even if briefly and for that, he thanked you with returned love and purrs.. RIP at RB little Skeletor, never to be hungry again!

catnapper
08-12-2005, 10:09 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about that. Like Karen said, he knew love and care in his last hours.

Have fun at the Rainbow Bridge little one.

furrykidsmother
08-12-2005, 10:10 AM
The poor thing! I am so sorry for your loss, he looks like he was a little sweetheart. So glad he found love before he passed on to the RB. RIP Skeletor.

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Rainbow Bridge! Is that a pop culture reference i'm missing or is that a PotD specific thing? Thanks for the wishes, everyone. For selfish reasons, it means a lot. I want to put him on a pedestal and say I GOT TO MEET THIS BEAUTIFUL THING.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm so glad you were there to offer him comfort in his last hours. At least he knew love, poor little guy. :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
Rainbow Bridge! Is that a pop culture reference i'm missing or is that a PotD specific thing?

http://www.rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Oh dear god that is so beautiful :O
i would have laughed a week ago, but it meant the world to me today. I thought i was done with crying ..

catnapper
08-12-2005, 10:36 AM
I know Debbie gave you the link to the poem... but this is my favorite version. It takes a while to load, but very much worth it. Be prepared to really bawl though. Its much more powerful than the poem alone.
Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html)

Its hard to loose a little one. I foster kittens, and have had a few that were very sick. I think I'd die if any of them ever died. I can't imagine how much you hurt right now.

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-12-2005, 10:43 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOO

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-12-2005, 10:44 AM
that's just cruel.

NKBurlington
08-12-2005, 10:50 AM
That's just so sad.

catnapper
08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
I appologise - my intentions were not to be cruel. I felt it was beautifully done. I'm sorry if you cried more - that does help the grieving process. I've lost many pets my life. I do know the pain. I still grieve for my RB Tiny 20 years after he passed.

FuzzyBunnyChainsaw
08-12-2005, 11:01 AM
It's just that.... I never pegged myself as someone who would cry over sentimental flash animations with teary muzak. and now... i just want to believe SO BADLY that skeletor is happy that I'll accept anything.
I'm an atheist, i don't believe in God or any afterlife. But I can't accept that that was it for skeletor. There HAS to be more. He has to be happy now, for the sake of my sanity.
He deserved more and got less that anyone or anything i've ever known.
Thank you for showing me that animation.

One last glimpse of him :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/FuzzyBunnyChainsaw/kittekittenketinekiten014.jpg

catnapper
08-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I know you'll meet up again some day. Out of all my animals loved and lost in life, its still Tiny I think of when I read about the Rainbow Bridge. I have all the faith in the world that he and I will be reunited.

I also question after life and such, but I have an unwavering faith that Tiny and I will be together again and that he's happily watching over me.

Sometimes animals become such a part of our hearts that they never truly leave us. Even though Skeletor was with you for such a short time, he has left an indelible (sp?) mark on your heart. Because of that, you'll meet up somewhere and at some time.

ramanth
08-12-2005, 12:23 PM
Thank you for saving him and taking him off the streets even if he was only in your life for a short time. You have such a kind heart.

Skeletor was such a cutie.

catmandu
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
I JUST LOST A LITTLE STARRY CAT,THIS WEEK,MY LITTLE GCK,NAMED AFTER THREE OTHER CATS,THAT I TRIED,TO ADOPT,BUT WERE TOO ILL.
AND HE,WILL WAIT,FOR SKELETOR,AND THEY WILL BOND,I THINK,BECAUSE,THEY WERE BOTH CATS,OF THE STREET.
AND HE WILL GUIDE SKELETOR,TO THE GOOD PLACES,TO DINE,JUST,AS THE PET ANGELS SHOWED HIM.
BLESS YOU,FOR SEEING,THAT SKELETOR DID NOT SUFFER.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture599.jpg

SKELETOR,WAS A WONDEROUSLY BEAUTIFUL CAT.

Karen
08-12-2005, 01:42 PM
You know, maybe Skeletor is watching you right now, and just trying to find another kitty who needs love to send you.

And you know what? He will always, always be in your heart. We know he claimed a spot there the instant you met, and in a still, quiet moment, I bet you can still hear him purr from deep in your heart.

lvpets2002
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
:eek: Such a pretty baby & may you rest in peace little feller.. Happy you last few days was with a loved one..

Shady
08-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Poor baby. That is truly so sad.

At the Rainbow Bridge he's well and healthy now.

Play hard little one, I pray you find peace and wellbeing.

orangemm
08-12-2005, 04:19 PM
Bless you for taking this tiny creature in and for giving him the best hours of his life. It's hard to explain how such tiny ones can tear at our hearts and overtake our emotions.

We once took in a cat who had lived at a fish store. The guy who owned the store sold it and the new owner didn't want the resident cat, so good soul that my hubby was, he brought Charlie home. We already had a couple other cats and Charlie was used to living the solitary life and tried to get outside numerous times.

One time he got out and I found him and brought him back. The next time I found him under one of our hedges in the backyard; a car had hit him. I cried for hours and one of my daughters asked me why I was so upset and I couldn't tell her why. I just felt that I had failed Charlie; I wanted to give him a nice life and it just didn't happen.

So I kind of understand what you're going through. Skeletor obviously had a worse life than Charlie, but we both had the same good intentions and hopes for these two little lives.

RIP little Skeletor and maybe you will see Charlie at the RB. Tell him I still love him.