PDA

View Full Version : Rats with cancer...

haflingergal
08-12-2005, 07:48 AM
Sadly, cancer seems to be so common in rats...I'm about to loose my fourth baby to it. Tazzle came from Pet Co. She is a rich shiny silvery black in color, with a white stripe down her tummy, and a bit of white around her feet. She has been my friend and companion for almost three years. Recently, however, she had been developing tumors all over her body. She had several small ones on her chest, and I think that she has one on her backbone, because when she tries to move anywhere, her back legs drag helplessly behind her; I think that the tumor is impairing the 'communication' between her brain and legs. My mother is a neurobiologist at the local university, and they do (sadly) test on rats, and in fact have several entire rooms full of the poor unfortunate albino critters there (our latest rattie -Froggle- was actually rescued from this lab), but anywho, my mother knows the Rat Lady (as my sister and I have called Cindy -sp?- since we were about 3) and she has been the kind soul who has put out rats out of their misery in the past...I'll miss Tazz soooooo much, but I truly don't want her to suffer...

Here's a beautiful picture of Tazzle, and her best friend Tarkle (my sister's rattie -- now on the Rainbow Bridge):

http://e.1asphost.com/welshiegal/ratties356.JPG

haflingergal
08-12-2005, 07:48 AM
And I forgot to mention...Tazzle is the beautiful rattie on the right.

dab_20
08-31-2005, 08:02 PM
i am not the biggest fan of rats, but its sad ppl test on them. i am sorry your about you frazzle. tell him/her hi for me:)

dab_20
08-31-2005, 08:02 PM
oops! i meant i am sorry about your frazzle