PDA

View Full Version : Time to take action

Pawsitive Thinking
08-12-2005, 05:29 AM
Well, for the second week running and the umpteenth time in total the MEN in this office are clearing off to a corporate jolly-up, leaving us girls behind (no, we weren't invited as usual :mad: even though its being "hosted" by this firm :mad: ) so I have decided to do something about it instead of sitting here feeling like part of the furniture.

The option of completely "reorganising" a few things is tempting but I'd only have to put it right again so that's out, but I am going to spend today downloading my CV onto a job match website and sending out a mailshot to try to get some more clients for my own small typing business........

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-12-2005, 06:02 AM
How annoying !!!

The company I worked for in South Africa actually did away with golf days and gender-specific events, and we had some fantastic corporate days doing off-road 4x4 driving, safaris etc!

Your idea sounds like a good one - focus your anger on doing something positive (which will also hurt them in the long run as they will lose a great employee)!!!

furrykidsmother
08-12-2005, 08:23 AM
That doesn't seem fair!! It sounds like you have a good idea though to occupy your time! Good luck with your business!

JenBKR
08-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Well, that's not very nice of them! :( The girls should be able to go and do something fun too! Good idea though, working on your own business :D

Pawsitive Thinking
08-12-2005, 08:53 AM
All done! Am now going to read my book for the afternoon - so there!!! :p

moosmom
08-12-2005, 08:55 AM
You go girl!!! I hate it when they form "good ole boys clubs" They sound like the type of guys who believe women have their place, and that's to serve them. BAH!!!!

catnapper
08-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Good for you! I hope you can start something positive form this. You can start the ground work for your own business from the comfort of your current job! :D ;)

Pawsitive Thinking
08-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Good for you! I hope you can start something positive form this. You can start the ground work for your own business from the comfort of your current job! :D ;)

Been running my own business since 1998 but where I am at the moment are my main clients - I run their reception etc but am able to do work for other clients too........ Need to be less dependent on this lot and to do that I need more clients.......This has given me the push I needed to do something about it