PDA

View Full Version : Cat left alone and meowing, stupid owner!

epistoliere
08-11-2005, 05:32 PM
I just made a complaint at my local spca. A close neighbour keeps its cat on the 3 rd balcony 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, rain or shine. He seems to feed the cat, and it has a shelter, but the cat barely seens a hand for a minute each day, that’s all. A few neighbours and I feel very sad, and we hate hearing the poor cat meowing and looking trhough the patio door without getting any attention. Does anyone has a similar experience? Does the spca can really do something? Can it be considered as a bad treatment? I called the spca yesterday, and it seems that they did not come yet. If I do not hear about them, I will call back.

momcat
08-11-2005, 05:41 PM
That sounds very much like neglect to me. This life form should NOT have a kitty! This kitty is being intentionally deprived of love, attention, and comfortable surroundings. Leaving poor kitty out in all kinds of weather is just plain cruel! This is a "homeless" cat. Stay on the SPCA until something is done to get that kitty OUT OF THERE!!!!!

catmandu
08-11-2005, 05:42 PM
WHY,ON EARTH,WOULD SOMEBODY,HAVE A CAT,IF THE POOR CAT,IF THEY ARE GOING,TO KEEP THAT POOR CAT,IN SUCH AN INHUMANE WAY.
THAT IS ALMOST,LIKE TORTURE,FOR THAT POOR CAT,TO BE LEFT ALL ALONE,AND OUT IN POOR WETHER,WHEN HE LOOKS,INSIDE,AND SEES WARMTH,AND COMPANIONSHIP.AND IS LONELY.
I JUST HOPE,THAT THE SPCA,ASKING,DOES NOT MAKE HIM,DITCH,THE CAT,SOMEWHERE!
POOR,LONELY CAT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture612.jpg

kuhio98
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
I've never had much luck with our SPCA. Here's what I did with a neighbor. He has a great dog chained in the back yard. It had a nice warm house and everything, but they never spent any time with it. I rang their doorbell one day and asked if I could walk their dog. I yammered on about how I just loved dogs, blah blah blah. I kept all judgement out of my voice and I didn't say how sad it made me to see it chained up or anything like that. Well, they were surprised that a neighbor wanted to walk their dog but they said okay. So, I took it on a walk and played with it. I did this for about a week straight. One day, I noticed the owner taking the dog for a walk. I guess seeing me with the dog reactivated his interest. Sometimes we don't value something until we see that someone else does. Would you be interested in having this kitty over sometime? Or adopting it if the owner doesn't want it anymore?

Once I sent a friend a notecard. It had a kitty on the front. Inside, I wrote "Remember Me? Don't you love me anymore? All I want is to spend some time with you." They knew it was from me. It was a risk, but they did start spending more loving time with their cat.

Laura's Babies
08-11-2005, 08:25 PM
That IS a homeless cat.. No one to comfort and love it.. Why is it some people think all they need to do is throw down some food and that gives them "ownership" rights? This one obviousley needs LOVE and lots of it.. To shut it out in a confined area is cruel!

epistoliere
08-12-2005, 11:50 AM
The SPCA just called. They made a visit yesterday but did not see the cat or the owners. They said that unfortunately, there was no law against people who kept a cat on a balcony if it had shelter and food. They will try again to talk to the owner and ask why he keeps this cat on his balcony. It is somewhat frustrating...:mad:

lvpets2002
08-12-2005, 11:56 AM
:mad: :mad: Why do people have pets if they cant spend time or put out the effort to be a parent.. Dont think SPCA can do anything due to the owner has food,water & shelter.. Poor baby..

epistoliere
08-12-2005, 06:47 PM
O.K., I will not expect too much from the SPCA. I only wish that the presume owner is just taking care of the cat for someone on vacation and that I will not have to hear much longer the poor cat meow. It is not possible that the balcony is the permanent residence of the poor cat considering our cold winters. Luckily, we have in Québec a very warm summer and not much rain, so at least, it is not too bad. Like kuhio98, I thought of a note I could put in his mailbox or on his door, a very polite one stating that I do not doubt about his good will. If the situation does not change until Monday, I should find the guts to do this. People need education or aren't they just stupid? People who do not care for pets do not care for people either, I always thought.