PDA

View Full Version : Evil Fibroids

dukedogsmom
08-11-2005, 01:42 PM
That was the main reason for my hysterectomy. I'm attaching a pic instead of just placing it here because it may gross out some people. That is a ruler so it shows how huge the main fibroid was. It's on the left. The other two pieces are my uterus. The fibroid weighed 1 1/2 pounds. No wonder I was having lower back problems. I'm so glad it's mostly behind me now and I'm at least able to be on the computer. Thanks to everyone for your well wishes.

furrykidsmother
08-11-2005, 02:13 PM
That certainly explains the pain. OMG!!!! So glad it is behind you now and that you are on the road to recovery!

Daisy and Delilah
08-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Wow Val, your body was loaded with toxins. You must have felt generally lousy most of the time. The picture is amazing. So glad you're rid of all that poison and your quality of life is going to be top notch before you know it. We're sending get well wishes to you every day :D Take it easy and relax.

Love, Terry, Daisy and Delilah:)

Maresche
08-11-2005, 02:23 PM
Dear Lord!

I'm so glad you got it taken care and I hope you feel much better very soon.

{{gentle hugs}}

smokey the elder
08-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Ack! You poor thing...I'm glad you got that nasty thing out.

Almita
08-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Aww you poor thing good thing that NASTY thing is out and on a road to recovory yay!

finn's mom
08-11-2005, 03:23 PM
good grief, valerie! you're going to feel so much better without that inside of you. you're a trooper, and, i hope your recovery is super fast!

cyber-sibes
08-11-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi Val! Gross, but interesting. I didn't see pics of mine, my doctor just told me it was like a grapefruit. It's been 19 days since my surgery and I'm feeling lots better, too. Hope your recovery goes smooth. Nice to see you posting again - isn't it great to get back up and around?

moosmom
08-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh Val!

I don't shock easily but all I can say is WOW!!! Please take care of yourself while you're recuperating. I had fibroids for years (since I was 18(. They wanted to do a hysterectomy on me when I was 35 and I said no. The fibroids would show up about every 12 years. I figured if another one did show up (boy did it ever!!) in say 12 years, by that time I'd be 47 and wouldn't care about having anymore kids. I was only in the hospital for 2 days. I wasn't supposed to do stairs for at least 2 weeks. Do you have someone to stay with you while you heal?? I had to carry a pillow and hold it on my abdomen if I coughed, sneezed, or anything else that had to do with those muscles.

But think on the bright side kiddo, no more YOU-KNOW-WHATS, cramps, PMS or anything else to do with monthly periods.

Love and hugs to you sweetie!! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

NoahsMommy
08-11-2005, 04:50 PM
(((((Val))))))

You poor thing...those look like they caused you a lot of pain. I'm glad they're out and your on your way to getting better.

I do what Donna suggested and carry a pillow with me everywhere. Its good protection from cats, dogs, ect. :)

Feel better soon.

Hugs,
Kelly :)

catnapper
08-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Wow! Those were some massive fibroids... Betcha lost a few pounds just removing them ;) :eek:

My boss/partner (whatever you'd call her) had a hystorectomy last summer and was up and running long before the end of her 6 week recovery. Hopefully you will be too... sounds like you've got good results so far.

Anita Cholaine
08-11-2005, 05:10 PM
OMG...I can't believe you had that thing inside you!! I'm glad you're better now...:)

((((HUGS))))

beeniesmom
08-11-2005, 05:46 PM
wow... I'm really sorry you had to go through that.

lizbud
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
Wow!

My boss/partner (whatever you'd call her) had a hystorectomy last summer and was up and running long before the end of her 6 week recovery. Hopefully you will be too... sounds like you've got good results so far.

I'd would say that woman is the exception. It is major surgery
and re-coop time varies a lot. I'm glad you are feeling well enough
to post now Val. You were missed.

One question, Who in the world took the pictures?

Ginger's Mom
08-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi Val, I must admit that I didn't have the nerve to look at the picture. But I am glad that you are feeling well enough to check in here. Take it easy, and we will be hoping for a quick and easy recovery for you.

chocolatepuppy
08-11-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow! :eek: No wonder you were in pain! I hope you're feeling a bit better everyday! :)

robinh
08-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Believe me you'll start feeling better soon. My largest one was the size of a cantelope. As soon as my incision healed, I couldn't believe the difference.

Take good care of yourself.

dukedogsmom
08-11-2005, 06:47 PM
The doctor took the pictures. I had asked her if I could have the largest one. I wanted to see what it looked like. She said it had to be sent off so I got the pic, instead. Since I had to be cut, the healing time is much longer. The fibroid was just too big to do the operation any other way. But I was lucky enough not to have any muscles cut.

DJFyrewolf36
08-11-2005, 06:52 PM
My mom had the same thing and boy was she in a lot of PAIN! I'm glad to see you up and around and on the road to recovery!

What causes Fibroids? Are they genetic?

dukedogsmom
08-11-2005, 06:54 PM
I just did a search and came up with this page.
http://www.4woman.gov/faq/fibroids.htm#7
I did learn before this that they are quite common. I know they sure cause a lot of trouble!

K9karen
08-12-2005, 12:57 AM
Oh well, I DID call Val like I promised but she beat me to this! :D
When she told me she had pictures I thought she had them in a jar! :p :rolleyes: :eek: :D
We're all so EXCITED that you're back and feeling SO much better! Keep relaxing and remember to milk it to the hilt while you can!!!! Luv Ya, Toots!

Maya & Inka's mommy
08-12-2005, 08:26 AM
Oh my gosh, Val, no wonder you had so much pain!!Thanks for that pic; I had NO idea how fibroids looked like...!

Take enough rest, okay!:)