PDA

View Full Version : Why so few postings from people sharing their cats?

Bari_d
08-11-2005, 12:12 PM
I know I'm not the only one who notices how few people who send in their cats for Cat of the Day ever seem to know they are shown - at least they very rarely post! I was always so excited when our kids were honored. You'd think people would at least "drop by" COTD looking for their cats!!! Lately, when I post I figure most of the time no one reads it!

Bari
www.cathappy.com

gini
08-11-2005, 12:13 PM
I believe that Karen sends them an email letting them know that their pet has been chosen too.

catnapper
08-11-2005, 12:21 PM
My Allen was Cat of the Day last summer, and my other kids are all nominated. I can't wait til they have their special day!

furrykidsmother
08-11-2005, 12:24 PM
That is funny, I was thinking the same thing this morning. I don't think that since I have been here I have matched up a COTD to a name of a PT'er.

Edit: I guess unless you recognize the kitty you won't know who it belongs to. Maybe it should include somewhere in the description who it was submitted by.

AlleyCat
08-11-2005, 12:49 PM
My RB Rascal was COTD last October 17th. I submitted her nomination probably about 6 months prior to that. I was checking every day, and no COTD. I was getting disappointed. I have since come to realize that Karen probably gets TONS of nominations so it's just a matter of being patient. Anyhow because I was getting discouraged, I stopped checking about a month earlier. I checked back in November and I was flabbergasted to realize I missed it! I clicked on "Pet Talk" by accident and after browsing around I realized there was a thread for Rascal's COTD nomination so from that point on, I was hooked!

I submitted a nomination of my RB Nikki a while back, so I'm hoping she's DOTD sometime! :)

catlover4ever
08-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I submitted Abner and Tobias' photos. Abner got COTD in 2002 and Toby in 2003...it was not until Toby got COTD that I realized that there was a forum associated with COTD. Once I realized that Pet Talk was there I registered and became hooked.

sirrahbed
08-11-2005, 01:11 PM
When my Dylan was chosen as COTD about a year ago -(July 29, 2004) I did not know until people here at Cat General told me!! I used to check it daily but got out of the habit.

catmandu
08-11-2005, 02:17 PM
IF ONE,OF THE FOUND CATS,WAS COTD,IT WOULD BE,ONE,OF THE HIGHLIGHTS,OF OUR LIVES,AND WE WOULD HAVE A PARADE,FOR THAT CAT,IN THE FOUND CAT HOTEL BACK YARD.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture623.jpg

Sonia59
08-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Peppito was COTD on the 3rd of May 2005. I, sorry, HE submitted his application about 6 months earlier. We checked everyday, but I have to say that on the day Peppito appeared on my screen, I had no hope anymore he would be chosen. It even took me a few seconds to realize it was MY Peppito. I was very very proud of him!! At that moment I was not a PT member yet, and I just I did not know about the PT existence. This is why I just did not reply. Then, I started to explore the PT more and more and a few days later I registered. I think most people who have their pet chosen don't know there is something else "behind". Another thing is that I never received a warning message, so if I would not have checked this day, I would have missed it.

krazyaboutkatz
08-13-2005, 03:32 PM
My Pepper was COTD on Sept. 21,2003. Unfortunately he had passed away in Feb. 2003.:( I received an e-mail from Karen telling me that he had been selected. It took quite a while before he was chosen. I've also nominated Storm and Sunny but they've never been chosen and it's been several years. I probably won't nominate any more cats because I already feel that they're COTD to me. I know that Karen and Paul receive thousands of nominations but it would be great to see more of the regular PT cats as COTD.:)