PDA

View Full Version : How does your pet let you know she/he is hungry?

momoffuzzyfaces
03-01-2002, 11:45 AM
Usually, it starts with the "stare". If that doesn't work, my four cats send in Luke. He sits and stares and then starts making a chewing motion like he is eating. I thought he had something caught in his teeth the first few times he did that. He only does it when he's hungry. :D

One of the strays I feed outdoors Knocks on the door when she is wanting fed. She hooks her claws in the screen and rattles it making it sound like someone is knocking on the door. It works. She gets her food. :)

purrley
03-01-2002, 11:50 AM
They're all very vocal about it;)

Randi
03-01-2002, 01:39 PM
When Fister is hungry he will come out to the kitchen and sit next to his food bowl and give me that look (you know!) but if we're in bed, he will come in and Miaw and then show us the way to the kitchen. It works every time! LOL :rolleyes:

Former User
03-01-2002, 01:47 PM
Casper meows a lot when he tells us he's hungry. They have feeding times though,so between those, no food (except access to dry food). If Casper could, he'd probably be eating all the time :rolleyes:

Heather Wallace
03-10-2002, 05:47 PM
This may sound silly but Max is terrible for attention seeking, he is little hyper sometimes. but when he is hungry and you ignore him he will chew the corners of any shoes that are lying around, especially trainers. He also will chw plastic, he is a strange one indeed.

LoudLou
03-10-2002, 06:50 PM
The Beans are very patient, they have free access to dry kabibles...Louie on the otherhand, has WHINE before every meal...just in case Mama & Dady might forget to feed him,... Yeah. Right like that would ever happen.:rolleyes: He's a bit on the spoiled side.:o

Logan
03-10-2002, 07:41 PM
Butter and Mimi also have free access to not one, but two different feeders of dry food (two different flavors). Butter refuses to eat if I don't watch him, so he does that great Siamese YEOW to let me know to hurry up!!

Mimi has decided that dry food is below her, so she just gets on the kitty counter and waits for me to bring her some canned food. She might sit there for days if I wasn't in and out of the kitchen so much!!! LOL!!!

lynnestankard
03-11-2002, 05:18 AM
My three have access to dried food all day - 'cos their in and out all day long - they all eat at different times.
But the odd occassion when BAD Mummy has forgotten to refresh the dishes - means lots of HARD stares and then a three pronged attack as they work together to get me to the cupboard!!
The odd time Bagel is on her own she just sits and stares at the ceiling - looks like she's saying a prayer to be fed!!:D :D

Lynne

Cincy'sMom
03-11-2002, 08:30 PM
Sadie will sit in front of you and whine. If you tell her "show me" what you want, she will either go sit in front of the food container, or she will bob the treat cuboard with her nose. Cincy sits in front of her bowl and grunts!!

Ila
03-19-2002, 06:58 PM
Misty just cries and whines and goes running between us and her bowl to let us know she is hungry. She will never be forgotten she won't let us!! :p

Daisylover
03-20-2002, 08:51 AM
Unfortunately bunnies can't talk to tell you they're hungry which is why folks who have buns have to pay attention to them.....

Tom Horn
03-20-2002, 11:59 AM
Ingrid (my cat) waits until I'm awake (very polite) & then pesters me to feed her, yapping almost continuously & getting underfoot until I feed her.

If Louie (my rabbit) runs out of water or food, he stands in the door of his cage (which is always open, although he's pretty lazy & rarely ventures out--kinda worried about that, actually) and stares at me when I'm in the room, with his ears forward & very intent--like "WELL. . . ?" :eek: If I don't notice he'll start banging around with his food dish in there.

wolflady
03-20-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Ila
Misty just cries and whines and goes running between us and her bowl to let us know she is hungry. She will never be forgotten she won't let us!! :p

Yup, this is how the boys are. Believe me, you WILL KNOW when they are hungry! LOL Marius is actually a quiet cat, but he just pesters me until he's fed. They act as if they are starving to death (even though I know they aren't). They certainly are far from starving...if anything...they're bodily mass inclined!! LOL Gotta love 'em! :rolleyes:

gini
03-21-2002, 01:34 PM
Because I had an ant problem, I started putting Rascal's food on my dryer, right by the catfood cupboard. Every morning Rascal literally herds me into that area - jumps on the dryer and is very clear about what he wants.

I only give him a little bit of wet food and he has access to dry food all of the time. In the evening, however, he won't eat on the dryer and is really clear that he wants the bowl put on the floor next to his dry food. Then he finishes it. If I don't act fast enough though - he winds around my legs and will sit on my feet.

Isn't it grand to be slaves to our pets?

Lachesis
04-12-2002, 04:20 PM
We have dry food always there... but Max will meooooooooooow when he is hungry or he will start sucking on your ear LOL that pretty much tells me he is hungry :rolleyes:

The 2 girls Milo and Pepper really dont get vocal but the second the can opens all 3 come flying into the bedroom :D

Pam
04-13-2002, 07:17 AM
Bella and Andy are very polite and don't really ask to be fed. They must trust me enough to know that eventually it will happen. Trevor, on the other hand, walks all over me in the early morning hours (and you can't ignore him because he weighs 20 lbs.!) and meows in my ear, letting me know it's time for breakfast. Maybe Bella and Andy just let him do the leg work. ;)

04-15-2002, 06:33 AM
Sydney shows me he is hungry by following me around everywhere , trying to guide me to the kitchen-shelf where all his food is !!! Then purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and hugs and nose-kissing , and , well by then I get the picture : he wants food !!!!!!!!!!!!
oh my sweet kittie , I love him sooooooooooooooo much !!!!

Ann
04-15-2002, 07:46 AM
Ollie always have access to his dry food, but he will always beg if you are eating something. He'll jump up at you and hit you with his paws and make noises. It's hard to explain exactly how funny and annoying it can be but as always; a pic says more than a thousand words (http://www.peachkin.com/pics/ollie-begging.jpg) ;)

Ila
04-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Ann that was a great picture I loved it!! Misty does that sometimes begging when I am eating turkey she begs like that.;)

Daisylover
04-16-2002, 12:58 PM
Actually my bunnies do try to let me know when they are hungry.....Robbie has perfected The Stare
and then bounces up and down when get the veggies out of the refrig. However if parsley or carrots are not the first thing out of the bag he sits and stretches his neck forward and stares some more.
The other three line up behind him and let him do all the work. :D