PDA

View Full Version : A couple questions - need advice

slleipnir
08-11-2005, 09:37 AM
Ok, for starters, Tango makes a huge mess in the litter box. So I bought an enclosed one...he won't go in it. I tried leaving the lid off, and he'll go then, so I did that for a while then put the lid on. He sees kiba going in and out of it too...how can I get him to know how to work it???

Also, Kiba is a very playful cat. She's always up for playing. Tango doesn't seem to be as playful. She has now starting to play with him. She'll come up to him and just jump on his back and start to play. He seems to play back, but he meows...maybe he's mad? And he bites her neck and doesn't let go...isn't that how lions would kill their prey? I'm worried he'll suffocate her or something cause he wouldn't let go.....

What do you guys think??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2005, 09:51 AM
I know some cats just don't like the covered boxes. Have you tried the huge plastic bin type box that sirrahbed and created? I'll see if I can find the thread on that.

Sorry, but can't help on the biting part. You would think that Kiba would get the hint and leave him alone, but I know that's easier said than done with kitties. :rolleyes: ;)

Here's the link.
Enclosed "Sandy Beach"! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59360)

catnapper
08-11-2005, 09:55 AM
I know some cats just won't use the covered boxes. Pouncer and Allen do, but Abby and Harry won't. They'd hold their pee for ever if I had only covered boxes. You can get high sided boxes where the wals are so high that he can't possibly fling the litter out.

As for the playfullness.... things are still new. Give it time between everyone. They'll learn how to "play nice" with each other.

Edit: also... how old is he now? I forget... that is also the position they take when trying to mate. He might be getting those hormones early, might be time for neutering already.

slleipnir
08-11-2005, 10:08 AM
He's 2 yrs old, and neutered. Kiba is just about 2 and she is spayed.

She annoyed Smitten ALL the time when she lived at my moms. I thought it was cause she was a kitten. I could tell it annoyed Smitten, but she kept bugging her. Smitten never "fought back" though to tell her off ;)

I'm worried that she'll do the same to him...Maybe she's not the brightest cat...she really loves to play though, and even if I try to "tire" her out by playing with her, she still wants to play MORE!!

slleipnir
08-11-2005, 02:09 PM
bumpy

catmandu
08-11-2005, 06:07 PM
I HAVE A VARIATION,ON THE SANDY BEACH BOX,AS MOOSE,IS NOT TOOO FUSSY,AN A BOX,THAT HE HAS,TO ENTER,AS HE IS A BIG,BIG CAT.
AND I DONT THINK,THAT TWO CATS,ABOUT THE SAME SIZE,CAN DO SERIOUS DAMAGE,ITS JUST A LEAVE ME ALONE,BITE,NOT A SERIOUS ATTACK.

THE FOUND CATS,DO THAT ONCE,IN A WHILE,TO SCRAPPY 2,THE PEST.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture612.jpg

GO AWAY,YOU PUNKETTE!!!